What other games are we all playing?

I got Car Mechanic simulator and Discovery Gold Rush games on Lunar sale - surprisingly well made and very entertaining! Both excellent time sinks in the time of spending my time mostly at home due to world being in mess right now.

At the moment, the rotation of games is:

• Got back info fs19 after a rl weekend away to a farm.
  • Subnautica, play this ad hoc to put my toddler to sleep, but just advanced enough to be kinda hooked.
  • Elite again since i got happy that we won't need to rush first footfall tags with odysee.
  • Progressing eso.
  • Making myself finish horizon zero dawn. I think im on the last mission, as the character told me this is it, go finish all the stuff first.

Goes in waves though, when one game is on, the others fall off.

Valheim.
1st spawn, as always with my gaming; no online tutorials, whatever the game gives as info, I use.
Spawned, gathered mats to make a fire, proceeded to run into it by mistake, died.

RDR2 replaying the story mode, Warships, Tropico 6 and Flight Sim (VR). Gave Civ6 another chance with Gathering Storm at discount, but I'm crashing out deep into a game so I quit it again.
Planning to finally finish Squadrons story mode and probably will reinstall AC Origins for another spin - that or GTAV story in VR. :)

Bought Metro Exodus for RTX eye candy, but after recent news that it will get an upgraded RTX version, I haven't started yet.

Inspired by a specific ED thread, I broke out the VR, played ED for about an hour, enjoying it just shy of an hour, and then I was like, "Meh..."

Huh... I really think I am done. Like done, done. It's kinda sad as I think about it. Maybe Odyssey will turn things around, but I'm not so sure.

Well I guess the VR is going back into the closet. Time to go do my daily challenges in RDO!

(ps - I see ED is just as buggy as it was when I left it)

As I mentioned above, most my current game time is with X4:F with some time spent in NMS and ME:A. I've been getting the itch to load Armored Warfare (AW) or W of Warships on this new computer. Those two were my other go-to games when I was spending most my time flying ED ... for years.

Back in 2015 I spent money on three early start projects. Two gave me a huge amount of pleasure: AW and ED. I also spent some money on a Heavy Gear Assault game but never really got into it as much as I did blasting tanks with AW and flying around one arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. .. so here we are

GL HF Commanders

Still playing lots of Valheim, really unforgiving game but fun as hell! Also got back to Fishing Planet title as they announced new South America river.

Most of my games are "dedicated" games, where they are kinda hard to just jump in and jump out. Winter affords me more time for a single gaming session, but now things are getting busy. This means I'm looking for "quickie" games like Overwatch. Red Dead Online can also be quick, I just go in and do a single mission or daily (or just go hunting).

It amazes me how many games these days feel like full-time jobs. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these when I have the time, but it seems less and less games are being made with busy people in mind. And no, I'm not here demand ED and other games be rewritten for my schedule (that's just silly), though I do wish CQC was more compelling.

I love the way that every game with other humans in it, has to become a PvP combat.

Project cars 2: There is always some idiot in a Lamborghini, whose soul purpose, is to take you out!
I've been murdered in cold blood in Red Dead Online dozens of times while minding my own business. Thankfully dying in RDO is of little consequence (just the very small inconvenience of respawning), and RDO gives you tools to instantly "block" anyone who aggresses against you. Still, it would be nice to encounter other players and just exchange a hat tip and move on. This does happen, of course, but it's a 50/50 chance of getting a friendly wave or a bullet to the head when meeting another player in this game.

And then there are the creepers who follow you around everywhere and stand two inches away from you for hours. These people I shoot, then I'm the "bad guy", LOL. It's just proof that you gamer types are just a bunch of weirdos!

I love the way that every game with other humans in it, has to become a PvP combat.

Project cars 2: There is always some idiot in a Lamborghini, whose soul purpose, is to take you out!

Try No Man's Sky, you'll be surprised how co-operative your fellow players are, and it's cross platform too.
But generaly speaking I do agree with you.

Wedged in a couple PTs of Civ6. The second of which is quite memorable for nabbing a whole pristine continent with Kupe, but it is too peaceful. Why does the AI not make more wars? Almost docile and it has the Inca and China. Latter really pushed the science but I used it to nab it spies.
Before was Alex without science districts and making science victory.

I've done something different in World Of Grind. I started a Steam-based alt account.

Why?!?

First to cut down on the number of launchers.
Second, to get the new-player experience.
Third, my friends are on Steam, and are more likely to join me.
Fourth, and most important, it is a no-spend account.
I found that I couldn't resist the call of spending on my regular account. This account, I started as I mean to go along.
I've (already) Made Wargaming Great Again- there is no need to sink more cash into them.
Yes, I'm walking away from an (big) investment, but it also means I won't be trapped by sunk-cost issues.

Now I can just enjoy a simple arcade experience, without needing to buy more.

As long suspected, the AI in World Of Grind becomes hell (cheats) the longer you play. Starting off new means not respawning in Warplanes every thirty seconds.

Top Bottom