What other games are we all playing?

Using the free update & newly released Homo Sapiens DLC to prep for Odyssey. X4 has finally matured out at last by adding the one racial species that was so missing from this iteration of the franchise. Mine. :D

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2BwzOKjhs

Oh yes. The new terra forming game mechanic feature is awesome. All bugs aside, when this is added to the existing build/customization tools in the game, the game play has made playing X4 PHENOMENAL.

Wonder if FDev would ever be able to match terraforming & base building? Probably too much of a challenge given what they're dealing with in pushing out Odyssey on schedule. And if this is just a fantasy, then no matter. Will wait until the next iteration of ED. Until then, I'll just continue to dream.txt :geek:

I got little game called Factorio - yes yes, everybody and their engineer uncle already playin it.. to be fair I knew about it for a long time but it was always "this looks meh" kind of thing. I was wrong very very wrong. Since the last week I am glued to my screen building true spaghetti monster of a factory. Done all new Factorio player mistakes one by one but learning a lot!
Its one of those games where I know I will be coming back to it on and on since every playthrough will be completely different. Its truly amazing.

I got little game called Factorio - yes yes, everybody and their engineer uncle already playin it.. to be fair I knew about it for a long time but it was always "this looks meh" kind of thing. I was wrong very very wrong. Since the last week I am glued to my screen building true spaghetti monster of a factory. Done all new Factorio player mistakes one by one but learning a lot!
Its one of those games where I know I will be coming back to it on and on since every playthrough will be completely different. Its truly amazing.

Sounds like you've been infected by the building creator bug. Might want to consider Satisfactory or Cities: Skylines in the future. Both of these are constructing civilization megalomania on 'roid rage :geek:

I hate being inflicted with Multiple Account Disorder.

I have several games with alts. The common factor is that one can progress more rapidly in the early stages, but the grind becomes tiresome afterwards. With Elite, I have one alt that was purchased for exploration, and the other to replicate the new player experience. The exploration alt moved to Colonia, so I could play there without the travel time. The next alt is now frozen at the moment before the major engineering grind. Unless it wants to travel (it doesn't), it's being held as a second bubble account for when Frontier burns everything.

Yes, the accounts have personalities. I have plenty to spare. :)

I want my discoveries credited to my main account. The exploration account has done it's grind, and is enjoying it's expat life in Colonia. The third account just feels left out.

Time is the key currency in all games. Use it well. Alt accounts can result in MAD. :(

Deleted member 182079

D
Am in a (brief hopefully) Elite lull - got bored with the Odyssey Alpha because of the very limited scope atm, and my motivation to play my main account has dropped significantly since the Alpha hit - cannot wait to play the full package but that'll be a while off still.

Spending quite a bit of time in FS2020, and have rekindled my interest in Forza Horizon 4 again, despite having most SP events and amassed 500+ cars. The way its online season events work is pretty good, and unlocking hard to get cars still motivates me sufficiently. Best simcade ever.

Also on my second playthrough of CP2077, since patch 1.2 it's more enjoyable since that reduced some of the jank and it looks prettier than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also encountered Twitch Disorder.

I started my own streaming channel, and ran out of voice, and enthusiasm rapidly.

Result: a couple of no-voice run-throughs of a Starting Sidewinder playthrough. Exceedingly boring. Streaming on my Discord is more fun. I can reach my friends, and show them gameplay far more easily and pleasantly.

I'll just let the channel sit there. It's more fun to play games, than it is to exhibit them.

It's a good mix, isn't it. The belt spaghetti boggled my mind. But that didn't hinder me to do that thing in 3D with Satisfactory. A nice mix too, You start in unknown map and explore. It's always the same map but exploring it was super satisfying for me. And the sounds the machines make are giving it the right clang.

I hate being inflicted with Multiple Account Disorder.

I have several games with alts. The common factor is that one can progress more rapidly in the early stages, but the grind becomes tiresome afterwards. With Elite, I have one alt that was purchased for exploration, and the other to replicate the new player experience. The exploration alt moved to Colonia, so I could play there without the travel time. The next alt is now frozen at the moment before the major engineering grind. Unless it wants to travel (it doesn't), it's being held as a second bubble account for when Frontier burns everything.

Yes, the accounts have personalities. I have plenty to spare. :)

I want my discoveries credited to my main account. The exploration account has done it's grind, and is enjoying it's expat life in Colonia. The third account just feels left out.

Time is the key currency in all games. Use it well. Alt accounts can result in MAD. :(
I don't use alts. I do playthroughs. Grinding secondary accounts to help a main one is borderline cheesy. Often, the early game is the best part and I just stop playing once I deem a PT "done". As when I develop a campaign far enough to steamroll the enemies in Total War, can produce anything and there is no real option to explore anymore, completed my charcter goals. Or just when the current PT becomes boring. Playthroughs can take 100 or hundreds of hours but that is very rare. And it needs to be something that doesn't require brain-dead grind like ED. I like games that offer their arsenal of variety quickly or consistently rather than gate it behind several tight sphincter roadblocks.

Lots of Star Wars stuff on sale at Steam. Squadrons is 50% off. Lots of the shooters are $5 or less.

I watched a playthrough on youtube. Not sure what the right word is.. the liberal SJW messaging was too strong not just to be coincidence there. Will wait for it to be free on the epic games store otherwise they'll make more. If only they went back to classic storytelling that could have been so good.

The only things I've been playing lately is Synth Rider and done a bunch of programming (I like doing it as a hobby... I'm a self-confessed nerd).

I've been on a retro binge.
ME 1-3.
Fallout 3, NV, 4.
Bioshock 1-3.
Metro 1-3.
Kotor 1-2.
Civ 2, cuz I modded it so heavliy.
System Shock 1 and 2 enhanced.
Deus Ex 1-3.
BG 2 with the wife in co-op.
Tomb Raider latest trilogy.

X-Plane 11 with the CowanSim Hughes 500E flying from Southern Indiana at Clark Regional KJVY to Jamaica MKJS in real weather. Might need a few stops to refuel. It includes the Garmin GNS 430 and 530 to help or install the Reality XP GTN 750 for more modern avionics at additional cost.

Regards

CowanSim_500E.jpg

Last edited:
I'm playing Returnal.

It's alot of what FDev arent doing: native PS5 game; 4K 60fps raytracing; full support for new Dual Sense features; full 3D audio support; no load times.

Sure it's "online" is minimal, no big servers, but it's very refreshing compared to EliteD.

Top Bottom