What other games are we all playing?

Ye. I've unlocked nuclear energy yesterday, but I'm rather busy with the Ficsmas stuff and prepating train tracks to the new base location at Northern Forest Or in the canyon below? I dont know yet.
gary-coleman-whatchu-talkin-bout-willis.gif

Merry Christmas to all ED space denizens!

Protip: Snowrunner currently off at 35% and going for $20 USD on Steam.

For all you ETS, ATS (and F22!) driving professionals who enjoy flirting with danger while driving on the road, this is your fix. Had a solid review here:

a great new player guide

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5t_GRhEPkw

Didn't realize how detailed and ultra realistic they made the Newtonian physics in this game. Which has been a foundational core of the game play since last year. Kudos to the devs managed to achieve such high replayability.

IMO this could be a feature ETS might want to consider as a future marketing strategy. Adding an optional/toggable and challenging driving game mode like this. Instead of transporting retail/wholesale goods, now you get to do Search and Rescue transporting abandoned/marooned vehicles in challenging environments.

Perhaps ETS could integrate some of these features as optional S&R side contracts which are high risk and even higher rewards under tight suspenses. IMO this would add an interesting dimension to how you could strategically build your trucking fleet. Especially where challenging environmental maps like Alaska/USSR etc. with seasonal environmental challenges are concerned. And this would add an interesting (albeit weakly anemic) survival RPG to the driving sim experience while transporting your load in the game
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZOvTHTd08
i look at it, and fought i have spintires already which seems very very similar

Epic stores issues over the Christmas period have pretty much put the nail in their coffin for me. I have no issues with having server problems. It happens. I'm never going to be happy that I can't play a single player offline game because the launcher won't launch.

I'll pick up their freebies and that'll be that. It's a shame as I'd like Hitman3. Hopefully that'll release soon on other platforms.

Well, except getting Odyssey for the freebie Elite account on Epic, MW5 is the only game that i bought from them (but my Epic library is full of freebies from them)
And i didn't had any problems with Epic game launcher during the holydays - and i played either ED or MW5 on a daily basis

Satisfactory. A 1st person factory builder on an alien planet. A bit like Factorio but the perspective and verticality plays out a lot different. Plus the map is quite big and very pretty. Some build just for aesthetics. I'm on end tier tech unlocks now but the end boss is a high-tech work order only manageable with a big factory. I have a ... thing ... that got me through the game so far and currently looking for a new place. Desert is good and all but not the cake. I've razed the oasis pretty hard, looted all the goodies and want something with ocean view maybe now.

I got Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries (the full package including the dlcs) at the end of December.
It was discounted on Epic Store and i also took advantage of the coupon they're offering during holydays (think it is valid till January 6th)

Currently really enjoying it.
It's a great game right up there with HBS's Battletech. I just wish PGI would be more open about their plans for the game.

It's a great game right up there with HBS's Battletech. I just wish PGI would be more open about their plans for the game.
Well, now I know why PGI hasn't been open about their plans for MW5: it's finished.

The way I interpret it is that PGI is finishing some last bit of work on MW5 and then will oversee it in maintenance mode (critical bug fixes, etc) while the bulk of PGI will be split up and distributed to support other projects owned by EG7. I don't give MWO much longer to live if that is true.

Oh well.

X Rebirth, then WoWs and now X4.

WoWs is going away soon; I'm about burned out on it for now (but I had fun while it lasted).

I really like XR but after 100+ hours I still can't get a good handle on trading. I'm going to edit my save to add enough credits for a Titurel so I can use the autotrader mod and see how it goes from there.
Today was the 1st time I started X4 up in months; and it was nice to get back to an interface I know. I wish X4 had an Albion type of system (a planet(s) blown apart ... very interesting system imho). The XR stations would be a nice addon to X4.

This forum has died down lately. There are a lot of great threads here. Hope all is well.

GL HF

God of War, the latest title to escape from Sony's clutches of former exclusivity to be ported onto PC...pretty good game all in all. Good story, good voice acting throughout, gameplay is challenging without being ridiculous. Thumbs up from me :)

r7xjczp.png

Last edited:
Well there are some REALLY promising build simulation Indie titles coming out in 2022. One of them is even a Space sim called Ixion. This is a great summary of what's on the menu for this year. My updated Steam stalking list is below

• Prehistoric Kingdom @ 3:06 Jurassic Park meets Planet Zoo. But 10x better
  • IXION @ 9:37 - When a multinational oligarch corporation looks at the dying earth. Is tired of seeing the earth being destroyed by climate crises, political instability and ecosystem collapse. And decides to use its Space X program to abandon earth for a better future colonization in space. Basically what happens when you're the corporate administrator of a massive space station. Tasked with transporting humanity to unexplored star system in a desperate attempt to colonize space. My natural claustrophobia/OCD demands I follow this game passionately on my wish list. Who knows, may get lucky and encounter a Thargoid style encounter or two enroute. Sadly the industry simply lacks enough space game sims like this
  • War Hospital @15:30 - CoD move aside. The Doctor is in the house. It's NOT all about shooting up the crap out of things. This game has an intriguing twist on warfare from the Hippocratic end. Basically the literal life and death decisions you have to make as a Doctor running a WWI hospital with WWI medical technology. And balance your profession with being a hospital administrator trying to motivate & manage the needs/skills of your medical staff.
  • KSP 2 @ 17:12 Basically all the amazing features and gameplay that made KSP 1 such an addictive joy to play. But with enhanced graphics and some deeper more interactive content
  • Potion Tycoon @ 23:07 - Just the digital fidget toy I needed to keep distracted when not near my gaming rig. And limited to getting my gaming fix on mobile.
  • Two Point Campus - @26:17 This dumbed down version of the Sims 3/Sims 4 could prove interesting
  • Frostpunk 2 @ 27:46 - LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING. Nuff said. Definitely wish listed on Steam
  • Builders of Egypt @ 31:11 - The game play and mechanics remind me so much of that wonderful, old school dev Tilted Mill. Which sadly, went out of business a decade ago as social media driven online gaming was still in its infancy. Tilted Mill was responsible for some of the best city building games like Caesar IV, Children of the Nile, Hinterland, and SimCity Societies franchises. Builders of Egypt is looking increasingly like the successor to Children of the Nile. Definitely bookmarking this one for my library.
  • The Wandering Village @ 32:54 - Just o_O I've never seen any game mechanic quite like this. Gives me a lot of Black and White vibes but with an environmentally intriguing twist: the relationship with your villagers and the wandering creature (which their settlement is built on) can be a symbiotic or parasitic one. Just like Black and White, failing to care for/benignly guide your little people and their settlement will have dire consequences for their host. Other intriguing challenges are fact the animal can randomly wander through hostile environments which introduce environmental challenges for your villagers. A fresh take on SimCity's natural disasters wrecking your carefully implemented infrastructure. Definitely great game to watch
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B7k8yfIrag

Last edited:
I'm still on a PUBG kick. It is nice to see the game attracting new players now that it has gone F2P. Tonight I found a DP-28 in a casual match (bots + players). I really came to like the stopping power of this weapon!

Source: https://youtu.be/DhiXMjTF5WI

I think that first kill was a bot that had just landed and hadn't had a chance to get any gear yet. I was surprised to see the DP-28 shred the door like that! :D My second kill was a real player though. I got lucky his/her aim was worse than mine! Again, the stopping power of the DP-28 saved the day. I did get a third kill after this -I think it was a bot because it was acting weird (hence why I didn't bother to include it in the vid) - and then I was sniped by a high-level player from about a quarter-mile away. 😤 Oh well. At least I made it to the top 10!

Top Bottom