What Graphics card do you recommend?

Title says it all. I have 16gb ram and a intel i5 processor. Do you recommend the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB Windforce Graphic Card (GV-N1050WF2OC-2GD)?

Last edited:
Title says it all.

Hard to say without a budget in mind and what resolution you play at etc..
But without a budget, a GTX 1080 ti.... not just for this game of course. I also play in 4k and some games in VR, so need the juice.

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
My budget is preferably $50-$125.

That budget at the highest, would net you the GTX 700 series from nvidia and the Radeon RX 500 series from AMD. Which is quite a ways into the 'previous generation' when it comes to graphic cards.

If i were you, save up extra money for the 1000 (1060, 1070, 1080, ti) series from nvidia, or the Radeon RX Vega 56 or 64 series from AMD.

Just remember, your GPU isn't everything.

There is little point in pairing a high end GPU with a low end CPU and little RAM. It won't net you much (if any) of a performance gain over a lower end card.

Might be best to describe the system you already have, that way people can give you informed advice.

I would go for a 1070, cause that is what I want. I currently have an R9 390. You seem to have a good CPU and enough RAM. I would go with a 1060. I wouldn't buy anything that has less than 4GB's of VRAM though.

If you do not need a new GPU right now, I would wait a few weeks to buy one. According to rumors, nvidia will launch a new chip generation (called Turing) in August or early fall. And there are tons of current GPUs still in stock, so the price for a 1050, 1060, 1070 or 1080 should drop by 10-30%.

Brett C

Frontier
If you do not need a new GPU right now, I would wait a few weeks to buy one. According to rumors, nvidia will launch a new chip generation (called Turing) in August or early fall. And there are tons of current GPUs still in stock, so the price for a 1050, 1060, 1070 or 1080 should drop by 10-30%.

Not to veer things off-topic too much, but just came across this on WCCF Tech's site: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-2080-ti-benchmark-leak/

Seems a new card might be just around the bend, so the older generation of GPU's in due time will trend downward in terms of cost. :)

Not to veer things off-topic too much, but just came across this on WCCF Tech's site: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-2080-ti-benchmark-leak/

Seems a new card might be just around the bend, so the older generation of GPU's in due time will trend downward in terms of cost. :)

Not just that, but nVidia admitted that after the mining craziness bubble popped, they now have millions of chips and cards lying around. So new generation or not the prices will go down. Naturally, someone as anti-consumer as nVidia could also decide to trash the cards to keep the prices high. It'll be interesting to observe.

Not just that, but nVidia admitted that after the mining craziness bubble popped, they now have millions of chips and cards lying around. So new generation or not the prices will go down. Naturally, someone as anti-consumer as nVidia could also decide to trash the cards to keep the prices high. It'll be interesting to observe.

They will probably trash them. lol

Top Bottom