What happened to all the famine? The Bubble has 20,000 inhabited systems with 66,000 stations, starports, and outposts.... but no one is hungry?

It's the future, we can teraform entire planets, hunger? Pfft a piddling problem! I've never understood why they even bothered with famine in the game.

Never used DC in famine for wakes. Got 18 ships with G5 FSDs and 100 DWE in storage. So, you can continue to wait or just get on with it.

Never used DC in famine for wakes. Got 18 ships with G5 FSDs and 100 DWE in storage. So, you can continue to wait or just get on with it.

I've always just grabbed whatever was available and traded for the others, seriously any other method that requires waiting around for a particular situation just seems pointless when you could already be gathering them.

It's the future, we can teraform entire planets, hunger? Pfft a piddling problem! I've never understood why they even bothered with famine in the game.
Sure.. if this was Star Trek and the Federation came along, got rid of currency and made food replicators for everyone.

But it's not.

This galaxy thrives on capitalism. People kill each other for credits. If someone terraformed a planet they wouldn't give the food away, they'd sell it. At the highest price they could get.

Used to be you could find 20+ systems in famine anytime you looked at the galaxy map. Now I can't even find one proper famine using Inara. A couple factions maybe, but no entire systems.

Distribution Centers are very useful POI's and they are currently missing from the game as a result.

Fundamental issue: FDev making material gathering for engineers based on system state when so many player factions are independent and will work to keep their systems in a favorable state.

Basically, space is too big for major factions! Much more logical to have independent factions! Therefore, the game should have been developed around this fact!

You're reading out of date guides - just scan wakes outside busy stations. Or learn how the forum Search works and read one e of the other daily threads about famine.

If it were only the wakes I cared about then your statement would be true...

If you find a Distribution Center in an Anarchy system not only can you get wake scans, and ship scans, but you can harvest the three Type-9's at the center for Manufactured Materials without security responding and without getting wanted. The Type-9's respawn after a few minutes once you harvest them. It's a place to kill two birds with one stone (data materials and manufactured materials) and they used to be all over the edges of the bubble...

Which makes sense. They were the most distant areas of populated space and outside of normal supply routes. It also made sense that many of them were in the state of Anarchy since they were so far removed from the reach of civilization and the influence of the Powers.

What doesn't make sense is a capitalist society of 60,000 stations, starports and outposts where everyone has everything they need.

You're reading out of date guides - just scan wakes outside busy stations. Or learn how the forum Search works and read one e of the other daily threads about famine.

Sigh... first off, I'm not reading guides, I've been harvesting Famine sites for years.

Secondly... read my response to metalursit.

Last edited:
If it were only the wakes I cared about then your statement would be true...

If you find a Distribution Center in an Anarchy system not only can you get wake scans, and ship scans, but you can harvest the three Type-9's at the center for Manufactured Materials without security responding and without getting wanted. The Type-9's respawn after a few minutes once you harvest them. It's a place to kill two birds with one stone (data materials and manufactured materials) and they used to be all over the edges of the bubble...

Which makes sense. They were the most distant areas of populated space and outside of normal supply routes. It also made sense that many of them were in the state of Anarchy since they were so far removed from the reach of civilization and the influence of the Powers.

And regardless of your opinion about how and where to mine materials.. what doesn't make sense is a capitalist society of 60,000 stations, starports and outposts where everyone has everything they need.

Last time I checked, there were only 2 systems in famine state. Both were permit locked, with no way to get the permits.

Stupid, imho

Lestat

Banned
Haven't seen a Distribution center in so long I almost forgot they existed. I feel it's a little unrealistic for that many different people and places to all be prosperous and fed.
The galactic Foodbank is a success. :eek:

I have to agree they need to tweak something.

Haven't seen a Distribution center in so long I almost forgot they existed. I feel it's a little unrealistic for that many different people and places to all be prosperous and fed.

I know what you mean, but FDev only focused on positive outcomes on the BGS, so after all states was reset, any interaction would give a positive boost to the states... there was almost no action you really could do to have a negative outcome.... so this gave a us a universe with "happy" citizens... as as soon as players started to do missions/etc, it would in almost all cases have a small happy boost...

So this creates this strange situation where there are basically no places in a miserable state, because as soon we have players doing things, they get pushed into happiness...

Hunger is generally used as a tool for suppressing a population by a smaller leadership, such ideologies are in elite currently.
That there aren't any famine states does seem odd, but wouldn't surprise me if the state is broken.

Top Bottom