what happened to the space crabs/spiders?

These space crabs/spiders were brought up like months ago in uncovering the current narrative plot line but then nothing. Has anyone found them and begun a campaign of starship trooper style extermination?

Or is this going to be like the lights and voices and singing in hyperspace plot that was forgotten about?

I want to visit them. And then, visit a number of places within the bubble. And then totally by accident spread them across the bubble where they will wreak havoc. The playerbase loves a new Permit to acquire due to quarantines. gives foot and srv players something to do. It's win-win.

Last edited:

not heard a thing. Please elaborate, share.

----------------------

imo things forgotten about is a thing I see a lot
I also see some stories with clues still in place that get missed.
It must be extremely frustrating to be sitting in Fdev's space daily and watch cmdrs NOT see clues.
Then to have to try to spoon feed, and they still get completely missed and not even mentioned by anyone.

FWIW the Raxxla thread is such a thread. It covers at least 3 stories, yet misses every clue to each and then the thread starts on personal crap and off on a tangent, and all is lost once more....

And when they see someone putting useful information in a thread and it gets totally ignored due to the often personal crap in betwixt clues and deductions, etc...
It has to make them shake their heads and wonder why they try.
If there is no focus there is nothing to see, nothing to follow. Walk with blinders. Read with blinders.

Clues need to be made obvious by those finding what they believe to be a clue, then hopefully such threads can stay in focus long enough to get somewhere.

several more threads covering clues to....they don't know yet. rinse and repeat by the next cmdr to see it too..etc...

There are not enough Cannon members doing good stuff. And way to many negative sidetracks ruining many conversations that could have led to things.

I can say too from my own experiences, I really don't like repeating a discovery in the forums or in any discord.
It very often gets buried in between various personal attacks and missed.
IMO a thread started for stories and clues could/should be more intensely monitored by some of the folks that started them, keeping them on track.
But that's another world.

I keep seeing Raxxla, Guardian AI, Omphalos Rift and one more nearly a daily de-rail. zero focus. they will never be found.
Actually, there might be a find eventually, probably nothing to do with any of the original clues or threads though would be my bet.
A certain clue missed by 99% of those that have seen it, is a hard thing to ignore. And I imagine a mug in such an office saying so.

nice, dunno how I never saw..maybe I did and just do not remember...old age is catching up..

Only 600LY away too.
Interesting.
Thank you for answering

Has anyone gone to see anything there yet? dumb Q, I am sure..

has anyone gone to see yet?

Even if its nothing, I really hope I can find a mauve snek to smack.

I will be back.
Thank you for something to do.

is there a sci-fi that has NOT used spiders?
Stargate, Buffy, ST.
all good.
I had a boa in Nigeria when I was 8. my dad killed it, so I ended up with a 15' skin instead.
But thanks to this game, I have a desire to catch a mauve adder. with legs and too many eyes.

I love spiders, never wanted one, they are just super cool creatures.
I treat all my house spiders with care. Love watching them grow.
I wonder how many I have inhaled over the years though...

maybe, just maybe something useful.

is there a sci-fi that has NOT used spiders?
Stargate, Buffy, ST.
all good.
I had a boa in Nigeria when I was 8. my dad killed it, so I ended up with a 15' skin instead.
But thanks to this game, I have a desire to catch a mauve adder. with legs and too many eyes.

I love spiders, never wanted one, they are just super cool creatures.
I treat all my house spiders with care. Love watching them grow.
I wonder how many I have inhaled over the years though...

maybe, just maybe something useful.

And yet FDEV seems to be keeping this treasure from us. Teasing it in text like so many other things. We could have been joyous for months while they trudge along to "surprise" us with foot thargoids ...spreading the joy of space spiders around the bubble and shooting them and running them over and being killed by them. Having our ships covered in them ....crawling around as we leave while they hide in crevices to be deposited on a new planet. Little space spider companions. But no. It seems we do not have that.

Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything here. Seems like an abandoned plot point.

If those would be in odyssey, I can totally image them being something alike such as the clawlers from Metal Gear Survive.
Especially with the part, where it cant climb walls at all, unless at cut-scences or scripted scenarios... well, oddy aint even had that.

These space crabs/spiders were brought up like months ago in uncovering the current narrative plot line but then nothing. Has anyone found them and begun a campaign of starship trooper style extermination?

Or is this going to be like the lights and voices and singing in hyperspace plot that was forgotten about?

I want to visit them. And then, visit a number of places within the bubble. And then totally by accident spread them across the bubble where they will wreak havoc. The playerbase loves a new Permit to acquire due to quarantines. gives foot and srv players something to do. It's win-win.
I wonder that ever few weeks or so.

At this point I'm assuming its "flavor text"...

I wonder that ever few weeks or so.

At this point I'm assuming its "flavor text"...

well, if that's the way they want to put out some flavor ...they might as well go all out and sneak in a bunch of stories about cockpit cats running amok in the cockpits and how much fun they are to keep pilots company and how basically all the stations offer them as companions to pilots fed commanders for basically free.

It was a cool story, a possible but improbable lead on to some on-foot content.
Also could have been a nod to several famous sci-fi bits (the distress call, the underworld dwellers, lost base/scientist etc)

It would be cool if things like this would lead into actual ingame content of having a slow build up of different kinds of creatures capable of living in harsh environments. They could even be hostile towards people, making exobiology more varied exercise.
Additionally, the rewards could vary if you manage to scan a living or a dead thing and maybe capture a living crreature.

Of course, transporting a crature like that would require a special atmospheric container that would upkeep their natural environment.

Top Bottom