What if the next DLC is rainforest of the world?

What if the next DLC is not continent oriented?

What animals would you choose if another DLC would be Rainforests of the World?

Because we already know Sun Bear will come maybe they will choose another way to include it but not exactly as everyone thinks - with the Asia only dedicated DLC.

I think I would go with one tropical animal from each continent:

SUN BEAR - not my first choice from Asia but since we already know it’s coming I’m not mad at all. It’s a great animal and in my opinion this game lacks animals from Asia. Hope they will figure out how to show their amazing tongues.
1610441032471.jpeg

CAPYBARA - highly requested, first rodent, hopefully would show new swimming abilities and would greatly complement South American areas in our zoo’s.
1610440959321.jpeg

GOODFELLOW’S TREE KANGAROO - I know technically New Guinea may be considered as a part of Asia but for me it represents Australia oriented fauna. I think that this species of tree kangaroo is the most common in zoo’s but I may be wrong. I don’t care which species we would get but a new tree kangaroo rig would be awesome.
1610440906186.jpeg

RED RIVER HOG - swines are not the most popular choices but this colorful hog would probably satisfy all players. It’s so much different from warthog and would beautifully complement African equatorial areas at your zoo’s. They are very often shown near Okapis and Pygmy hippos habitats at the real zoo’s. Just look at them cuteness overload 😉
1610440758704.jpeg

EXIBIT: Philippine Sailfin water dragon
1610440679349.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I would go with one tropical animal from each continent:

A tropical pack is an interesting option. I like the animals you have chosen, but I think that your proposal pack lacks a "big star", if you know what I mean. The capybara is very popular on the forum, but I don't think it would have the same marketing appeal as the polar bear, jaguar, kangaroo or penguin had for the previous DLCs. I don't know, maybe they can add a leopard?

A tropical pack is an interesting option. I like the animals you have chosen, but I think that your proposal pack lacks a "big star", if you know what I mean. The capybara is very popular on the forum, but I don't think it would have the same marketing appeal as the polar bear, jaguar, kangaroo or penguin had for the previous DLCs. I don't know, maybe they can add a leopard?

I thought about it a lot and maybe you are right in some way.
If a pack like this would ever happen they could probably go with African leopard instead of Red River hog. But Jaguar was a star of SA pack so I don’t think they would choose another very similar feline for dlc star.

I honestly thought about Capybara as a DLC star. It is in the top tops of requested animals (nr. 4 in meta-wishlist) and with aquatic abilities and sociable style of life it could easily be DLC star animal.

I included the hog because:
  • I wanted to include animals from as many diverse groups as I can and that’s why I choose an ungulate
  • also African leopard is not normally associated with African tropical rainforest - more like savanna
  • there is already a carnivore in this group - sun bear.

Last edited:
SUN BEAR - not my first choice from Asia but since we already know it’s coming I’m not mad at all. It’s a great animal and in my opinion this game lacks animals from Asia. Hope they will figure out how to show their amazing tongues.

Just to inform everyone..
We currently have lot of animals from Asia. I don't know what this "I only want asian animals" come from? I did look on which regions we lack animals in, and this is animals based on regions we have right now.

Total amount - Only this region - Split regions
  1. Africa: 34 - 33 - 1
  2. Asia: 21 - 17 - 4
  3. South America: 21 - 11 - 10
  4. North America: 17 - 8 - 9
  5. Central America: 12 - 1 - 11
  6. Oceania: 9 - 7 - 2
  7. Europe: 5 - 0 - 5
Source: http://planetzoopedia.com/zoopedia/

I don't see why we would want so many more animals from Asia?
We clearly lack animals from other regions like Europe or more unique animals from Oceania. We have plenty of animals from the American region, Africa and Asia?

Last edited:
We currently have lot of animals from Asia. I don't know what this "I only want asian animals" come from? I did look on which regions we lack animals in, and this is animals based on regions we have right now.

We clearly lack animals from other regions like Europe or more unique animals from Oceania. We have plenty of animals from the American region, Africa and Asia?

That is exactly why I wrote “in my opinion” - and this post is not about that anyway.
I think that we are all entitled to our own opinion in that matter.

I had that same thought about biomes instead of locales and how the Sun Bear could fit in there. I've seen several posts mentioning rumors or leaks or datamining that a desert DLC is next, but I haven't seen any of the actual leaks or rumors myself and wonder if that's just someone "wishing" it into existence. I'd be fine with biomes.

Checks to see if meerkats and wombats can live in rainforests...probably not those two

Then it will be 4 animals and an underwhelming exhibit to represent rainforests for 5 continents. And one of those 4 animals will be a reskin. And the need for more animals in the game will still be present afterwards (just like after South America and after Australia, that ignored the rest of Oceania)

My 5 picks would be:
1) Capybara hard to choose over animals such as a babirusa or other animals simply because I could see these guys being in a waterway pack which I think suits them better to be honest.
2) Sunbear obvious choice because of the leak. Great choice besides.
3) Black howler monkey we need these guys. These guys are the best monkey choice. I’d also take a gibbon.
4)Clouded leopard beautiful animals.
5) King cobra

I understand this mindset, but I absolutely don't agree with it. Frankly, I find the majority of European and North American animals to be very mundane and underwhelming compared to Asian and African ones. I could easily come up with 3 or 4 packs' worth of animals for each of those continents I'd rather see before Europe/NA. The number of "representatives" for each continent matters very little to me compared to what those animals actually are.

I might be alone with this opinion, but I would find it rather disappointing if a rainforest pack was next.

The South America DLC mostly focused on a rainforest/tropical theme. More or less half of the Aquatic was with a rainforest/tropical theme as well. Even the Australia DLC had a little bit of it.

I don't mind a pack with elements of it, but I would prefer a break from this theme before seeing a whole DLC based on it. So other themes can be explored instead.

I know a sun bear is most likely on it's way, but we don't know if they are planning on releasing other stuff before it.

I understand this mindset, but I absolutely don't agree with it. Frankly, I find the majority of European and North American animals to be very mundane and underwhelming compared to Asian and African ones. I could easily come up with 3 or 4 packs' worth of animals for each of those continents I'd rather see before Europe/NA. The number of "representatives" for each continent matters very little to me compared to what those animals actually are.
I understand many might not agree with my point of view. However I also know some do. Been checking most wanted animals and many of them are from the north regions: Moose, Lynx, Alpine Ibex, North-American Beaver, Wolverine, all amongst top 20 wanted animals in the game, very few amonst top 20 are only from Asia. This shows people want some European and North-American animals added to the game. So I totally disagree with you when you say most of the animals are 'Mundane'. Thats like throwing on the entire fauna in Europe and NA (also parts of Asia). There are animals that could be considered mundane in every part of the world, so that argument is just stupid and sad to see someone write in PZ forum. I might not be able to come up with 3-4 packs of animals for this region but that doesn't make it less important.

My reason for bringing this up simply is because I though it would be nice to have a few more representive animals from the northern regions of the globe, specifically Europe and NA but also northern Asia. I don't know where most of the PZ players live and want, so I can only talk for myself.

You can't just compare continents one by one. We do have some animals from South and East Asia, but few from Central or Southeast Asia or the Middle East and these regions are also still not represented by a theme while Europe already has the Classic Theme. Each of these individual regions is already as culturally diverse as Europe and as naturally diverse as Europe, Russia and most of North America combined. European zoos also tend to have a bigger focus on animals from different continents while zoos in other parts of the world have a relatively higher number of regional animals. It is already very easy to make a realistic European zoo with the current themes and animals, but it's still hard to make a zoo that would fit in the other regions I mentioned. So that's why I prefer to get more animals from other regions than from Europe. Ideally, Asia and Africa should each have about the same number of species as all the other continents combined to make the game representative for a real zoo.

That being said, I do hope we will get more animals from the north, as I definitely think a moose, lynx, cougar, wolverine, musk ox, ibex, beaver, saiga and wild boar should be in game. I just don't think it has most priority now. Considering the logic of when packs are released, we're also more likely to get a pack like that in December.

Last edited:
I understand many might not agree with my point of view. However I also know some do. Been checking most wanted animals and many of them are from the north regions: Moose, Lynx, Alpine Ibex, North-American Beaver, Wolverine, all amongst top 20 wanted animals in the game, very few amonst top 20 are only from Asia. This shows people want some European and North-American animals added to the game. So I totally disagree with you when you say most of the animals are 'Mundane'. Thats like throwing poopoo on the entire fauna in Europe and NA (also parts of Asia). There are animals that could be considered mundane in every part of the world, so that argument is just stupid and sad to see someone write in PZ forum. I might not be able to come up with 3-4 packs of animals for this region but that doesn't make it less important.
You're taking this excessively personally and getting unnecessarily defensive over someone having different priorities than you. I said right off the bat that I understand your mindset before even saying I don't subscribe to it personally.

Relax.

I might be alone with this opinion, but I would find it rather disappointing if a rainforest pack was next
You are not alone. I wouldn't mind a jungle/rainforest DLC but as the next one... no
If we are going biome: I'd prefer desert over that one.

But if we are going with this, I think OP's selection would work for me best. At least it has variation in species and continent.

Top Bottom