Powerplay What if...WW2 was fought using Powerplay rules?

players can avoid everyone and still attack using Solo,

Forcing everyone to Open will not solve this issue anyway due limited p2p instancing and Internet speed/ping issues (for some players...).

For example (quite crazy example ;) ):
if instance limit is 32 players
if I have 20 friends in one instance (sure its super hard to achieve) there are 12 slots left for potential enemies, so if they are super lucky and get 12 against 20, they are out numbered anyway
and if we are in one system, we can "enjoy" glorious 10 fps lag..

FD knows it, so I do not believe they will ever make PP exclusive mode for Open.

Goose4291

Banned
Scene: The Atlantic

Navigator: Herr kaleun, nav fix confirms we're right on the shipping route for the allied convoys.

U-Boat commander: Officer of the watch, contact report!

OOW: No contacts Herr kaleun.

U-Boat commander: Strange. BdU advise that roughly 1000t of cargo passes through this route every hour, we've been here for weeks and not seen a single merchant ship.

OOW: What's shall we do, Herr Kaleun?

U-boat commander: We wait. Someone surely must sail across this open sea.

Last edited:
Sorry, John, I can't give you a rep on this at the moment. It says I did that too recently. I think that's a bug, I wouldn't ever give you rep.
It happened indeed when I said (what I believe to be) the truth about the Mahon snipe ;)

So... if we're the allies, we're the good guys, right? I knew it! :)
When I finished typing I read that in the same way.

This topic looks like very well hidden Open was Solo/Group Powerplay never ending discussion ;D
Please don't ruin the thread, thanks.

London Blitz:

"Hello? Is that Hugh Trenchard?"

"Its three in the morning, Winston. What do you want?"

"Well Hugh, I need to find out who is bombing London. Do you know?"

"What do you mean Winston? I can clearly see bombers over the city from my window."

"But who is sending them, Hugh? We really need to know."

Normandy:

"Ah, Eisenhower! The battle is going well."

"Are you nuts Montgomery? You've occupied Manchester! France is the other way you idiot!"

"But we all agreed that Manchester was better. We voted on it, remember Dwight? I spent a million pounds to overrule everyone else."

Battle of Britain:

"Winston, we are under attack! Huge waves of bombers are over us! Our country is being blown apart!"

"What do you mean? Its a sunny day Attlee. I can't see any bombers in the sky at all."

"But, can't you see them sir? Look at the smoking ruins around us!"

"Clement, have you been on the gin again? Under attack from invisible ghost planes?"

I could go on, but you get the idea. Powerplay has some frankly ridiculous holes that need plugging. We don't know who attacks us, players can avoid everyone and still attack using Solo, and the most efficient weapon is to spend huge sums of money in 5c.

When is this going to change? If you want Powerplay to grow, please stop treating it as a year long beta test and fix these problems.

I am new to powerplay and really struggling to 'get it' it all seems so very counter intuitive, my first evening was completely wasted as I now realise 'chasing ghosts'....

I am new to powerplay and really struggling to 'get it' it all seems so very counter intuitive, my first evening was completely wasted as I now realise 'chasing ghosts'....

The only reason people play PowerPlay on average is just to get the items and then stop all together.

Powerplay has some frankly ridiculous holes that need plugging. We don't know who attacks us, players can avoid everyone and still attack using Solo, and the most efficient weapon is to spend huge sums of money in 5c.

When is this going to change? If you want Powerplay to grow, please stop treating it as a year long beta test and fix these problems.

This needs to be restated often and frequently - because it is so true.

- "What happened to Berlin? Why's everything burning?"
- "Well, something went wrong with the weekly battle tick. We didn't get our Stalingrad preparation into expansion phase, and now all our fortification triggers are screwed up."
- "By Jupiter, this is ridiculous! OK, that's it, I'm done with this... I quit WW2!"

"Mr. Hitler, Mr. Mussolini, your expansions into Poland and Albania are acts of wanton aggression. I'm warning you, respect their right to sovereignty, or else."

"You don't understand, Neville, it's been a few weeks since our nations have acquired new territories. If we don't annex something immediately, our entire country may cease to exist next week."

"I see. Well, carry on then."

Last edited:
London Blitz:

"Hello? Is that Hugh Trenchard?"

"Its three in the morning, Winston. What do you want?"

"Well Hugh, I need to find out who is bombing London. Do you know?"

"What do you mean Winston? I can clearly see bombers over the city from my window."

"But who is sending them, Hugh? We really need to know."

Normandy:

"Ah, Eisenhower! The battle is going well."

"Are you nuts Montgomery? You've occupied Manchester! France is the other way you idiot!"

"But we all agreed that Manchester was better. We voted on it, remember Dwight? I spent a million pounds to overrule everyone else."

Battle of Britain:

"Winston, we are under attack! Huge waves of bombers are over us! Our country is being blown apart!"

"What do you mean? Its a sunny day Attlee. I can't see any bombers in the sky at all."

"But, can't you see them sir? Look at the smoking ruins around us!"

"Clement, have you been on the gin again? Under attack from invisible ghost planes?"

____

I could go on, but you get the idea. Powerplay has some frankly ridiculous holes that need plugging. We don't know who attacks us, players can avoid everyone and still attack using Solo, and the most efficient weapon is to spend huge sums of money in 5c.

Still a great laugh.

Well at Torval we're mining, mining, mining, building those mine shafts so when FDev get around to introducing the nuclear missile from earlier Elites we won't be the one's getting shafted. By our calculations there is now a 20,000% mine shaft gap between ZYADA & FUC in our favour. :p

Forget WWII we'll do the Cold War hot & nuke them during the Empire Day's parade! :devilish:

giphy.gif

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Well at Torval we're mining, mining, mining, building those mine shafts so when FDev get around to introducing the nuclear missile from earlier Elites we won't be the one's getting shafted. By our calculations there is now a 20,000% mine shaft gap between ZYADA & FUC in our favour. :p

Forget WWII we'll do the Cold War hot & nuke them during the Empire Day's parade! :devilish:

giphy.gif

CMDR Justinian Octavius

More like hauling, hauling, hauling into those weaponized expansions from PeeGee for a zombie power.

I'm not convinced that even having a nuclear weapon on your hard points would be enough for you guys to click 'open play'

Last edited:
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

- Wargfoot, from a Private Group

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

- Wargfoot, from a Private Group

Imagine all those people
It isnt hard to do
All slaves in waiting
Kumo burgers too

Imagine all the people
Sold for creds......ooohhh yeah

You may say I'm a pirate
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll 'join' us (bwahahahahhaaa!)
And Archon will be number one

Top Bottom