What if........

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
When the fleet carrier drops we can work towards the introduction of space legs but only for the carrier......we could have them just to navigate the ship from hanger to other areas like mission room or the brige.

I'm not fussed about walking on planets just yet but they could add so much more to the game and I think it would be a nice compromise for everyone.

Well I do apologize good sir if this thread isn't for you you don't need to comment.

Gameplay elements can be implemented depending on what the interior of the carrier had.

Hence this being a discussion board. I would like to discuss as I don't visit often.

So if there is nothing for you her then move along.

What if..... we started a drinking game off the space legs posts. For every post that pops up, drink!
Or we can to every time the word "space legs" comes up in the threads....

Nevermind... we'd all be dead before the end of the day... [knocked out]

Baby steps are fine, but each step has to have gameplay. I don't see any merit to being able to walk around my ship (or a fleet carrier, or a station) and do nothing. I'm really amazed how many people are interested in that and don't think they'd get bored within a minute.

I can only imagine space legs working with a fully functional FPS element and real incentive to engage in it. That said, the first step would be boarding ships. Before any space legs, let two ships dock on each other, and use it for cargo/passenger transfers (missions, piracy of a surrendered target, buying stuff off a Type-9).

Then with space legs introduce hostile boarding operations, with the ability to hack computers to perform credit transfers, abduct passengers or free people from brigs, take out the "report crimes"-capable comms system, have an NPC crew or multi-crew commander steal a boarded ship entirely, etc. Exploring your own ship then comes for free as part of that, and resisting hostile boarding. Then everything else can come later.

When the fleet carrier drops we can work towards the introduction of space legs but only for the carrier......we could have them just to navigate the ship from hanger to other areas like mission room or the brige.

I'm not fussed about walking on planets just yet but they could add so much more to the game and I think it would be a nice compromise for everyone.

I'm very confident Frontier will pull it off.
No need for baby steps here. If your gunna do summit, do it right.

I like the idea of stealing other players ships. Maybe not to keep them permanently but to at least keep them for the remainder of your session or a time limit. And let us sell them, at a reduced price, ofcourse.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone with this stuff.

[video=youtube;NzlG28B-R8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/video]

It's like we have had threads like this... Just throw a 'What if?' on it and make it about carriers, he thinks to himself. The room is spinning.

80678915.jpg

Here we are !!

latest

Last edited:
I just look forward to the next BIG update. I guess that would be Q4 but it’s been a very long time and judging on how the rest of Beyond is going, I’m lowering my expectations.

I'm very confident Frontier will pull it off.
No need for baby steps here. If your gunna do summit, do it right.

I like the idea of stealing other players ships. Maybe not to keep them permanently but to at least keep them for the remainder of your session or a time limit. And let us sell them, at a reduced price, ofcourse.

Aaaaaand even fewer people play in open.

Bring on the Space Legs and stealing players ships I say! About time!

So long as I don't actually have to walk around, and nobody can come onto my ship...

Presently, one docks his ship, and at the touch of a button, goes to the board where ever it's located clicks on their selection and waits 30 seconds or more. Then clicks again and again finally getting back to their ship. How does making one have to walk the same path both ways everytime they visit a station make it more entertaining? Presently in NMS, one has to park their ships and walk or run or use a jet pack to eliminate the stairs to get to their private quarters. It's the same ole path, and time consuming. I wish it were more like ED version of just click and your there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom