What is a Military Interdiction supposed to accomplish?

I have wondered exactly what the navies are trying to accomplish by pulling you over. They don’t do anything afterwards.

Anyone have an idea?

I have wondered exactly what the navies are trying to accomplish by pulling you over. They don’t do anything afterwards.

Anyone have an idea?
This always happens to me when I have a bounty from a nearby system. I presume they do nothing because they want you to panic and respond rashly.

At one time they flew up and scanned you but that hasn't happened for a long time... Got hit with the nurf bat?

Nowadays it seems more like a way to annoy you when you are looking for HGEs in a war state system. The last time I flew in one I got interdicted about 10 times in an hour and a half... Annoying, nothing more.

I think it is a bug basically.

I reckon they are supposed to scan you, and then give you a one liner or something.

Doesn't happen though.

This would be a cool thing if, you actually selected a faction when you entered a system, instead of a conflict zone. Then these could have some more meaning.

Get pulled over, scanned, if your on the wrong side, fight ensues.

It'd pick you up if you were hostile as a result of fighting for the other side.

If fighting in a war made you hostile like it should...

If hostile rep actually had gameplay aspects and wasn't a punitive punishment state.

At one time they flew up and scanned you but that hasn't happened for a long time... Got hit with the nurf bat?

Nowadays it seems more like a way to annoy you when you are looking for HGEs in a war state system. The last time I flew in one I got interdicted about 10 times in an hour and a half... Annoying, nothing more.

Yes! A HGE! At last!
Noooooooooo... Interdicted.:(

Thanks for all the replies. So they are mostly vestigial at this point? That’s unfortunate. (FDevplz)

The reason I asked is that hyperdictions seem to follow a very similar pattern, and I wanted some clearer insights into why Thargoids pull me over and leave. Seems like threat assessment, perhaps all they see of me is a ball of light in witchspace and they need to know more.

verminstar

Banned
They are basically just trolling ye nowadays...happens a lot more than it used to, but they rarely scan at all...just stop ye and then sit and admire yer ship so long as yer not wanted. So its literally just a waste of time...and seems to happen every time I find a cool uss which has then gone by the time ye deal with the wildlife...oh joy and wonder.

Lost the rag the other day with them and just started killing them which appears to have no effect on the system where I take missions...even though its their navy Im decimating which means Im now on a navy killing spree in two of the nearby systems fer apparently very little cost.

They wanna keep pulling me over then I intend on giving them a damned good reason...thats pure bad temper on my part talking because thats how annoying they have become ^

Thanks for all the replies. So they are mostly vestigial at this point? That’s unfortunate. (FDevplz)

The reason I asked is that hyperdictions seem to follow a very similar pattern, and I wanted some clearer insights into why Thargoids pull me over and leave. Seems like threat assessment, perhaps all they see of me is a ball of light in witchspace and they need to know more.

At least the goids scan you...

verminstar

Banned
It's bug. But I don't think anyone's ever reported it.

And yet this isnt the first time its been mentioned, so either absolutely nobody has reported it or frontier couldnt care less. Sadly, Im more inclined to go with whats behind door number two considering the many other little odds n sods that have become annoying as hell...

Seems at times theres more bugs now than ever which makes a mockery of 3.0 being supposedly quality of life updates...the quality coming later I hope?

They are basically just trolling ye nowadays...happens a lot more than it used to, but they rarely scan at all...just stop ye and then sit and admire yer ship so long as yer not wanted. So its literally just a waste of time...and seems to happen every time I find a cool uss which has then gone by the time ye deal with the wildlife...oh joy and wonder.

Lost the rag the other day with them and just started killing them which appears to have no effect on the system where I take missions...even though its their navy Im decimating which means Im now on a navy killing spree in two of the nearby systems fer apparently very little cost.

They wanna keep pulling me over then I intend on giving them a damned good reason...thats pure bad temper on my part talking because thats how annoying they have become ^

+Rep for killing spree. I find myself increasingly responding to 'nuisances' in this way.

verminstar

Banned
+Rep for killing spree. I find myself increasingly responding to 'nuisances' in this way.

And they really are a nuisance...they dont appear to serve any practical or logical purpose at all. Ive been scanned while wanted and they didnt attack...I just sat there while they continually circled me before I just deployed hardpoints and vaporized the guy anyway. Im just "at that point"

Deleted member 38366

D
Bug-Reported over two years ago.

Tip of the Day : did you know that...
- at first, System Defense Forces were even lacking an FSDI, so they'd only buzz around the Player in SC to absolutely no purpose?
- later, the FSDI was added, but the Kill-Warrant Scanner intentionally replaced by a useless Cargo Scanner?
- even later, all Scanners were entirely removed, leading to today's "Interdicting Players without any purpose whatsoever" scenario?

Seems they initially were supposed to serve a purpose, but then something changed (Design Decision)... they got nerfed into oblivion instead of downright removing them.

Top Bottom