What is an animal that you really want but you're not sure is making it?

I really like Eld’s deer. One of my favorites.

But it also reminded me of the species that is not so popular but the one I love dearly - African civet. It’s build like nothing we already have in the game and would be nice and very interesting addition to African animal pack.

It’s the biggest of all civet species and has amazing fur coloration.

09558586-E93C-4C92-8706-510A02A45A4F.jpeg

I really like Eld’s deer. One of my favorites.

But it also reminded me of the species that is not so popular but the one I love dearly - African civet. It’s build like nothing we already have in the game and would be nice and very interesting addition to African animal pack.

It’s the biggest of all civet species and has amazing fur coloration.

View attachment 219747
The African civet is beautiful! It sucks it probably won’t make it... maybe they could tweak the binturong model?

I see. At least more "wide spread" than the Prob. Monkey, which can't even thrive well outside SEA... Personally, I wouldn't use them though, I think. But that's just personal preference.
I think everyone deserves an opportunity to build a zoo that is realistic to them. The Australia Pack didn't really add enough for a realistic Australian zoo, so I can understand wanting the platypus. Just like how I want the kiwi - they're not common outside of New Zealand but you can't build a New Zealand zoo without kiwi.

I think everyone deserves an opportunity to build a zoo that is realistic to them. The Australia Pack didn't really add enough for a realistic Australian zoo, so I can understand wanting the platypus. Just like how I want the kiwi - they're not common outside of New Zealand but you can't build a New Zealand zoo without kiwi.
For me, the reason to not add the platypus is less so that it isn't common outside of Oceania but more so for the reasons you've already stated, it being way to small for the current diving requirements imposed by the game. If they get rid of that, by all means.

I agree. But then the harassment of european species also has to stop.

I agree. But then the harassment of european species also has to stop.
The only "harassment" I've seen is that people have pointed out that many European species also extend into Asia, which is of course true. The wild boar, red fox, fallow deer, red deer, otter, badger, and others all go from Europe right across Russia and down into Central Asia and the Caucasus. There are uniquely European species, of course - I'll always point to the Iberian lynx as the best example, and an animal I do definitely want - but Europe's zoological history is tied to that of Asia.

I also think that part of the issue with Europe is that many species found in Europe that would be very "European" are already similar to ones we have in game, such as the Eurasian brown bear or a specifically Eurasian wolf if they ever wanted to do that.

In the end, though, I think the main thing people consider is a personal view on priorities and what is realistic (in terms of the game, not in terms of real zoos). I don't rank the kiwi very high on a personal wishlist because I doubt it will ever make it in and because I know that most people won't miss it as much as I do. That's just common sense. However, skipping over the meerkat in favour of the wild boar or even the Alpine ibex would rankle a lot of people.

In the end, though, I think the main thing people consider is a personal view on priorities and what is realistic (in terms of the game, not in terms of real zoos). I don't rank the kiwi very high on a personal wishlist because I doubt it will ever make it in and because I know that most people won't miss it as much as I do. That's just common sense. However, skipping over the meerkat in favour of the wild boar or even the Alpine ibex would rankle a lot of people.
If you want the Kiwi, just keep on wishing for it everywhere, eventually they will listen to it.

The only "harassment" I've seen is that people have pointed out that many European species also extend into Asia, which is of course true. The wild boar, red fox, fallow deer, red deer, otter, badger, and others all go from Europe right across Russia and down into Central Asia and the Caucasus. There are uniquely European species, of course - I'll always point to the Iberian lynx as the best example, and an animal I do definitely want - but Europe's zoological history is tied to that of Asia.

I also think that part of the issue with Europe is that many species found in Europe that would be very "European" are already similar to ones we have in game, such as the Eurasian brown bear or a specifically Eurasian wolf if they ever wanted to do that.

A lot of people already voiced their opinion that they are completly against an europe pack and that european animals aren't "interesting" enough. And I don't know why any contenent or region should be left out, especially not if we are talking of leaving europe out exclusively.

Would I want an european wolf? No. But lets be honest, it would be easy and cheap for Frontier and although I'm not against the Dingo or the Dhole... well.... that spot could have been reserved for something more unique as well, if we are critical.

Why do you think the Kiwi has not a good chance of making it in, though? They can't fly, them being native to New Zealand, they are used as a colloquial and from a european point of view: We have way more Kiwis international than we have Platypuses (?). I'd even go as far that they are worldwide a lot more well-knowen than the bird that came with the australia pack (sorry, forgot the name again). I could already see a bunch of zoopedia tweets with them.
So IF there will be an oceania pack (and the existence of something special like the SEA pack opens doors in my opinion), then I think the Kiwi has a pretty good chance indeed.

So because its "cheap" for frontier and good for other people, you want an European pack? You don't even really want it yourself?

That kind of behavior I could never understand, wanting things for others or wanting things because it would be "fair" for the countries to be represented?.

Zoo Tycoon never had an European expansion, so why should Planet Zoo?

So because its "cheap" for frontier and good for other people, you want an European pack? You don't even really want it yourself?

That kind of behavior I could never understand, wanting things for others or wanting things because it would be "fair" for the countries to be represented?.

Zoo Tycoon never had an European expansion, so why should Planet Zoo?
Try again.
I specifically wrote I don't want an european wolf, but it would be cheap for Frontier to produce one, so it's likely it might be chosen over other species.

I do want an european pack, because I want my regional zoos with regional and / or easy to keep animals represented. And this is not Zoo Tycoon, I don't care one bit what expansion it had.
A lot of forum users already said it to you, but we are all fine with you not wanting an european pack. But your manner (or lack thereof) to people who do advocate for an european pack, your false assumptions about what drives them to do so and the way you communicate with fellow players is inacceptable. Maybe ask politely if you didn't get the reason why someone wants something next time.

Why do you think the Kiwi has not a good chance of making it in, though?
New Zealand is rarely on anyone's radar beyond Lord of the Rings and our recent Prime Minister, and even then we're mostly "famous" in America, not as much Europe.

There's also the fact that the kiwi would be the most nocturnal animal in the game thus far if they added it. Unlike the aardvark, giant anteater, and clouded leopard, kiwi literally never come out in the day. Personally this doesn't bother me much - I think it's easy enough to simulate a nocturnal house in the game to "fake it" - but it seems like the kind of thing Frontier would be a stickler about.

New Zealand is rarely on anyone's radar beyond Lord of the Rings and our recent Prime Minister, and even then we're mostly "famous" in America, not as much Europe.

There's also the fact that the kiwi would be the most nocturnal animal in the game thus far if they added it. Unlike the aardvark, giant anteater, and clouded leopard, kiwi literally never come out in the day. Personally this doesn't bother me much - I think it's easy enough to simulate a nocturnal house in the game to "fake it" - but it seems like the kind of thing Frontier would be a stickler about.
Hmm, I see. Maybe I'm living too much in my own bubble here, because honestly, I thought if even I know a bird without googeling it, it must be known by anyone :D
Honestly, I find the Kiwi quite atractive as a bird species. And while I don't have high hopes for a nocturnal pack unfortunately, giving them a spot there would be perfect.

In fact, obviously New Zealand sneaked into my heart regarding bird species, because one of the few other bird species I know and would love to have in game are Keas. If they were in a bird pack, I'd get pretty excited, tbh.

Top Bottom