What is the fastest and most maneuverable ship?

Eagle, and it can be had for the low, low price of 40,000 credits. It's a starter combat ship, though.

High end is the Vulture. That'll cost you upwards of 30,000,000 credits to purchase and upgrade.

iirc its the iEagle that has the best top speed and is second in maneuverability only to the Eagle. Could be wrong though so don't quote me on that.

Fastest AND most agile?

Now wouldn't that be easy :3

iirc its the iEagle that has the best top speed and is second in maneuverability only to the Eagle. Could be wrong though so don't quote me on that.

iEagle has crap agility.

Fastest ship going, yes. Moves like a turd compared to its brother.

Eagle is super agile but doesn't actually move fast.

OP, you don't get both. Take your pick.

Also Mike I think I just technically quoted you on that. Sorry brah.

Last edited:
Fastest AND most agile?

Now wouldn't that be easy :3

iEagle has gash agility.

Fastest ship going, yes. Moves like a turd compared to its brother.

Eagle is super agile but doesn't actually move fast.

You don't get both. Take your pick.

Also I think I just technically quoted you on that. Sorry brah.

Fair Do's I stand corrected [big grin]

Tiny_Rick

Banned
Orca, which I believe is Swahili for "Sea Eagle," one of the fastest oceanic ungulates to ever sail around the Panama Canal.

So yeah, fastest.

Last edited:
It's the Vulture with modded drives.

It's so far under the optimal mass of its thrusters that even with a Dirty Drive 5 mod, it doesn't lose out in turning circle (unless you fit it super heavy), and it will easily boost to over 500m/s in a combat fit.

It's weakness, if it can be said to have one, is its weaponry - it only has two hardpoints, and while they're large and powerful, it limits your options.

Fast (modded - it's reasonably quick on boost without modding)
Manoeuvrable
Great shields
4 utility mounts
Plenty of decent sized internals (there's a military class 5 slot that makes it much more flexible)
Hard-hitting

In a vanilla config, it's constrained by power plant output. When modded, it has very few downsides, outside of going up against medium and large ships where its DPS is constrained by the number of hardpoints.

Quite frankly skill is better, a skilled pilot in a small ship and take out a poor pilot in a much better ship.
Thankfully in this you simply can't buy a top ship and instantly blow people away. practice is more important.

PC player here. My imperial courier is a beast, it's fully engineered and can boost to 802ms, cruises at 570ms and jumps 30lys. An imp eagle can be made to go quicker but only completely stripped down. Still have one for blasting through canyons.

That courier still has shields etc though and is my favourite taxi ship. It's always amusing being interdictied by other humans in it and leaving them for dust. Also the lateral and vertical thrusters on a courier are fantastic, giving it amazing manuverability. Have a fighting courier for PvP as well.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
I was under the impression that the Cobra III was the fastest ship (unmodded), but not what you would call manoeuvrable.

While the Eagle is fast the Imperial Courier is the most popular go to fast ship of choice approaching 800 with engineering and lots of modules to add your favorite toys. One cannot carry much in an Eagle.

Believe it or not, the new Dolphin is no slouch when it comes to speed and maneuverability. Given, its not a combat ship, but for planetary based mission involving an SRV, you could do a lot worse! :)

Not to mention, it has the potential to out jump pretty much anything else near its price/size. Including ALL of the various small to medium combat ships.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, the new Dolphin is no slouch when it comes to speed and maneuverability...

I totally agree but who knows what this OP wants. I'm heading for one now on the PS4 with about 6 million credits to go for the A-rated version. But don't tell anyone how great it is especially when outfitted with rail guns. Then we end up with complaints and the eventual nerf by the Devs. Shussh...

I totally agree but who knows what this OP wants. I'm heading for one now on the PS4 with about 6 million credits to go for the A-rated version. But don't tell anyone how great it is especially when outfitted with rail guns. Then we end up with complaints and the eventual nerf by the Devs. Shussh...

I'm not sure any ahip with only two class 1 hardpoints counts as "great." I can't imagine it needing a nerf either - it yaws as fast as it pitches.

Wow, this is an old post! But anyway, I should post my new toy here:
Engineered Imperial Courier, with lightweight stuff and bi-weave shields. Two beams and a multi-cannon. Boost speed says 850, but the top I've seen it do is 830mph. Top speed without boost around 620mph. Can harass a conda to eternity, despite taking a Looooong time to bring it down. When in danger, one boost is normally enough to get to safe distance.
Cheers!

Attachments

• imp-courier-starfall.jpg
    imp-courier-starfall.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 492
Wow, this is an old post! But anyway, I should post my new toy here:
Engineered Imperial Courier, with lightweight stuff and bi-weave shields. Two beams and a multi-cannon. Boost speed says 850, but the top I've seen it do is 830mph. Top speed without boost around 620mph. Can harass a conda to eternity, despite taking a Looooong time to bring it down. When in danger, one boost is normally enough to get to safe distance.
Cheers!

I don't like to be 'that guy' but those speed numbers are metres per second so 830m/s is actually around 1,850 mph and 620m/s is about 1,390 mph. not too shabby :)

Top Bottom