What is the point of Admiral and King Ranks ?

Then what is a 'King' in ED?

Have you any idea how many Parmisq'an sacks I had to deliver to get to King? Obscene I tell you.. All that bio waste, and those final 8 teabags to make the ultimate rank.

There's a lack of respect in ED, does nobody know an Imperial King when they encounter one?

ORFF WITH THEIR HEADS. Hang them in the gallows... Tie their heads to a door handle and instantaneously decompress the airlock. Respect they shall know!

PS
What lands do you rule over? How many subjects do you lead?

I don't rule over any lands. I RULE COUNTLESS PLANETS! and I have several subjects including Maths, English, Science, Geography, History and Origami.

Wellking is here just a naval Rank. And if you look bakc tot he Holy Roman Empire, there were lots of Kings, so on the Intergalactic scale there can be a crapton of Kings around there.

Then what is a 'King' in ED?

It's a honorary title within the auxiliary branch of the imperial navy, it is definitely not a nobility title and doesn't entitle you to anything outside of the very limited context of said auxiliary navy.

It's a honorary title within the auxiliary branch of the imperial navy, it is definitely not a nobility title and doesn't entitle you to anything outside of the very limited context of said auxiliary navy.

So... an "auxilliary" sanitation engineer is a garbage disposal person?

Useless is useless.

Does the profanity filter block that on ship ID #'s?

I don't think so but you'd be stuck with only a tiddler wouldn't you ;) 6 characters and only 4 for 'length'. lol Still, I suppose since 4 is the biggest the sapce allows, you'd not have to worry about being outsized in the future. ;)

Does the profanity filter block that on ship ID #'s?

Do ship names accept non alphanumerics?
I don't think so but you'd be stuck with only a tiddler wouldn't you
wink.png
6 characters and only 4 for 'length'. lol Still, I suppose since 4 is the biggest the sapce allows, you'd not have to worry about being outsized in the future.
wink.png

imagine the abuse of Commander Trap
Ship Name ( o)( o)
Ship ID 8==D

Sorry mods, hope that doesn't cause trouble. :p its all for the funsies

So you can strut your stuff like this guy:

[video=youtube;pRf_A07Elyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRf_A07Elyw[/video]

Had a bit of spare time on my hands and hate to see a bar only three quarters full so ground out the remaining ranks for both factions, I know there is no reward or access to anything after Duke and Rear Admiral but why give the option of being able to go higher when we don't gain access to anything ?

This is not a moan I'm just genuinely curious.

It gives someone something to grind to. Same with how you get 99% or so of the engineer grade in five rolls, but need another million for the last percent. Just regard it as an in-game steam achievement and ignore it if you dont like them. :)

Honestly, after getting the ranks that gave me access to the biggest ships, I stopped grinding them. Until two weeks ago. Suddenly, I felt the urge to just finish them up. Got Admiral, and now about 50% into Prince.

Had a bit of spare time on my hands and hate to see a bar only three quarters full so ground out the remaining ranks for both factions, I know there is no reward or access to anything after Duke and Rear Admiral but why give the option of being able to go higher when we don't gain access to anything ? This is not a moan I'm just genuinely curious.

It gives you another goal to accomplish, something to achieve even after finishing the "end-game" grind to get the Cutter and Corvette.
You have done something that probably 90% of players who achieve Rear-Admiral or Duke never bother to do and who knows?
One day FDev might actually get around to adding a Panther Clipper to the game. Wouldn't it be a kick if they make it available only to those of Admiral or King rank?

I am also both an Admiral and a King. Good feeling, isn't it? o7

Last edited:
It would be nice to get missions which correspond with the level you reach. And make them hard to do
wing missions also, which can only so shared with cmdrs of the required level.

Big pay outs, very hard missions

It would be nice to get missions which correspond with the level you reach. And make them hard to do
wing missions also, which can only so shared with cmdrs of the required level.

Big pay outs, very hard missions
If only we had a season, which was dedicated to improve core mechanics like that...

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
Top Bottom