What is the point of Admiral and King Ranks ?

Had a bit of spare time on my hands and hate to see a bar only three quarters full so ground out the remaining ranks for both factions, I know there is no reward or access to anything after Duke and Rear Admiral but why give the option of being able to go higher when we don't gain access to anything ?

This is not a moan I'm just genuinely curious.

The game is still in active development, the military ranks are still one of those aspects which haven't yet been fully fleshed out.

The game is still in active development, the military ranks are still one of those aspects which haven't yet been fully fleshed out.

Pretty much, although if its imperial chances are it will be half as good as its fed equivalent and will never get paint jobs or ship kits in the store. :(

Oh, how steep is the road after being granted access to the endgame faction ships! Many travelers get weary on their path, so those discounts are necessary to still sell workable amounts of paintjobs | shipkits :D

Both of the top faction ranks require insane amounts of missions to be completed. It was even worse when you couldn't choose rep rewards. Got my first Corvette after 12 months, became Admiral after 20.

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
They don't have any purpose yet, however it is entirely possible that they will eventually have ships or other unlocks available in the future. At the moment it is mostly a vanity option, although it can be a good idea to prepare for upcoming content in advance.

Had a bit of spare time on my hands and hate to see a bar only three quarters full so ground out the remaining ranks for both factions, I know there is no reward or access to anything after Duke and Rear Admiral but why give the option of being able to go higher when we don't gain access to anything ?

A test to find ones level of OCD. I made it to both Admirial and King on the ps4, and almost both of them agian now on my new xbox one x. Needless to say, I have a high level of OCD.

Like you, I have no idea why I should need a rank to buy something, is there something on earth that can not be bought with money? Perhaps a noble title, and that, I also doubt it. .. :D

I honestly wish we could choose our display tag to include whatever honorific we have achieved. Why only display our combat rank? How about exploration, trade, notoriety, etc. Frontier could create entire new tiers of grind for idiots like me that would grind for 1000 assassination missions (Master assassin), or nefarious traders of 10,000 slaves (Slaver), or 5,000 bounties turned in (Dawg of Dawgs).

I suspect there were originally plans, or at least plans to have plans, to do something with the higher rankings. But there have been so many complaints about the rank grind that Frontier may have given up on the whole mechanic. Note that this should have been the year of the Alliance rank introduction, but it didn't happen.

Becoming admiral and king is and will probably remain an utterly empty and futile achievement.

Incidentally, I completed my grind to become king of the Empire about twenty-five minutes ago.

Top Bottom