Horizons What is up with the interdictions these days?

I'll say first off that I've been playing Elite Dangerous very regularly since last April. Before I got Horizons a few weeks ago I had had a little under 400 hours in Elite, and I've since logged just under 30 hours into Horizons.

But anyway, prior to Horizons I found the FSD interdictions to be relatively stable and predictable, both in terms of escaping from one as well as in initiating an interdiction and following through with it, but in the past few weeks with Horizons I've experienced all kinds of strangeness that I've never had happen before.

For example:
* Several times now I've had an enemy NPC attempt to interdict me, only to be greeted within seconds that I've successfully escaped, in spite of having made no effort to escape. In fact, I prefer to submit and fight and kick their asp for bothering me.
* Several times now I've had the interdict-o-meter simply stall out where no amount of anything has changed anything. Once I even walked away from my PC for maybe 5 minutes just to see if anything would happen, but it's like a semi-crashed state where the only thing I can do is quit to the main menu.
* Several times now I've had enemies successfully evade my attempts to interdict them in spite of having kept them in the center of my view.
* and other unusual occurrences.

Now I know that Frontier have done some work on the interdiction programming in order to make it more difficult, but from what I've seen it's become less reliable and more buggy, and it's really just become more annoying than anything.

Last edited:
I'ts been broken since 1.4 update.

I can't remember exactly when the 1.4 update was, but as I said, I never had any problems with regular old Elite Dangerous, at least not that I remember, and definitely nowhere near the extent that I've been seeing these days.

It's well and truly broken for me yet I still see some Commanders swear they have no problems and get 90% success rate.

I see it being absolutely random. For me when being interdicted I just throttle back, submit, wipe them out and move on. It's the quickest way with the least amount of frustration.

Last edited:
Last time I was in civvy space was two weeks ago....nothing unusual was happening to me.

I play the minigame every time & can evade between 90-95% of the time. I remember once when the target was flickering & then the lock was broken.

OP, possible communication issues at the time, maybe at FDs side, so there wasn't a continual lock to play the minigame properly?

Top Bottom