What leopard sub-species would you choose?

The amur leopard is hands down the most striking and appealing leopard. But I think the African is more likely to be included in the game.

Honestly, I hope that in due time, we'll get packs of 'clone animals' that are very akin to animals we already have in the game, with basically recycled animation, but that will round out our animal rosters. So then we could get more leopards, tigers, bears, antelopes, and loads of other species that didn't make the cut in DLCs, but that are worthy of a place in the game.

I bring this thread back. Now that we know we are not getting a leopard from South East Asia, I think we have two possibilites:

1) Amur leopard in an "endagered species pack"
2) African leopard in an "African pack"

Of course there are other possibilites, but for me one of these two options are the most likely. I'll be happy with any of them to be honest.

I bring this thread back. Now that we know we are not getting a leopard from South East Asia, I think we have two possibilites:

1) Amur leopard in an "endagered species pack"
2) African leopard in an "African pack"

Of course there are other possibilites, but for me one of these two options are the most likely. I'll be happy with any of them to be honest.

Both would have been my favourites anyway. I take the one which will hopefully come in future :)

Originally I was wanting an African Leopard but was open to the Amur Leopard Leopard. Then I thought it might be more likely we got the Amur Leopard instead. But now I'm not so sure. either will do. we do have 3 larger felines from Asian (not counting the Clouded Leopard as that's a medium sized feline) and only 2 from Africa, maybe the African Leopard would be a better choice. I'm really totally fine with either. I understand wanting the Amur Leopard as it's more common in zoos, but the African Leopard is also iconic. I just hope we end up with one or the other. And if we get years and years of lots and lots content I'm fine if we get both of them.

None, I hope they don't come to Planet zoo, the best leopards (snow, clouded and jaguar) are already in the game.

If they come to the game I hope it is just an extra, not a spot in the African expansion, too much more original different animals there.

None, I hope they don't come to Planet zoo, the best leopards (snow, clouded and jaguar) are already in the game.
The Species you've listed aren't even Leopards. What would be so bad about Leopards in the Game? It would be especially better than getting a new Canine in almost every Pack (even though there are a few Canines I would like to see in the Game)

The Species you've listed aren't even Leopards. What would be so bad about Leopards in the Game? It would be especially better than getting a new Canine in almost every Pack (even though there are a few Canines I would like to see in the Game)
Oh, I never really cared for house, kitchen and garden Leopards, the others behave a bit the same and look almost the same, just smaller, love for water and love for cold. What special does the Leopard have? The Grey Fox is a Canidae that climbs trees, THAT is special, though I see nobody mention Grey Fox.
I'd rather see another canine or canine-like creatures such as foxes, Fennec, Maned Wolf, Grey Fox(probably not really canines) but close enough. I agree about dogs, Dingo and Dull (dhole) were both not even on my top 1000 animal wish lists.

To be fair, it's easy to not be aware that snow leopards and clouded leopards aren't actual leopard species. I mean, many people do know that, but since they do have "leopard" at the end, it's easy to understand why some wouldn't know..

the others behave a bit the same and look almost the same, just smaller, love for water and love for cold. What special does the Leopard have?
Leopards are cool, look different enough (in my Opinion(at least if they are not compared to Jaguars)), climb on Trees with their Prey so other Animals won't steal it (even though this wouldn't be in the Game), depending on the Subspecies they live in different Biome than the other Species. I would prefer the Amur Leopard because it would be the one that looks least like a Jaguar and it seems to be the most kept Subspecies anyways.

The Grey Fox is a Canidae that climbs trees, THAT is special, though I see nobody mention Grey Fox.
I'd rather see another canine or canine-like creatures such as foxes, Fennec, Maned Wolf, Grey Fox
At least those would be more unique than the ones we've got so far. I would also like to see the Tanuki and the Red Fox (especially now that I'm planning to build a Japanese Zoo. They would fit perfectly in there). I would only want another Wolf Subspecies if it wouldn't be a North American Wolf again.
I think New Guinea Singing Dogs can also climb on Trees but they are too similar to the Dingo which is already in the Game

Well, I don't care if they are not leopards actually, they just look very similar and are cooler in many ways, the cool colors of the snow leopard, the awesome water behavior of the Jaguar and the beautiful, small and sabre-toothed clouded panther, they are so special, then there is the Leopard, which all those television-shows show 24/7 and which BORE me to death.

100% Amur Leopard

Obviously if we were to have unlimited DLC I would love all the leopards (and tigers and lions too) but since we won't have this I feel that with all the successful conservation efforts made by zoos all over the world I think the Amur is the obvious choice. Personally I would choose the African Leopard last of all the subspecies, an unpopular opinion I know but I prefer all the others.

I could do without both tbh, unless we have a Eurasian Animals pack in a similar structure to this Southeast Asian pack, in which case I'd be fine with the Amur, Indian or Java leopard. But no thanks on the African leopard. I'd much prefer a serval or caracal seeing as we're well over a year into the game's life and only just now got our first small cat.

Top Bottom