What might come next for PZ?

Source: https://youtu.be/3wt9v5YEYwo

By Gamer Empire had some decent suggestions for what should be considered for PZ DLC.

I agree that many more animals should be included into PZ along with additional themes. Game improvement is always welcome. In addition I would like more interesting insects to make it into the game. I would look forward to an Australian, African, Rare, Aviary and Marine Packs in the near future.

Was curious if everyone else agrees? What other possible DLC and improvements should we receive in the near future?

The only African animals we need are both rhino species,geladas or baboons,meerkats,and maybe a secretary bird or something.

Hopefully a North America/Europe pack will come befor an Africa pack! We already have tons of animals from Africa, and almost non from Europe :( I want deers, seals, otter, lynx, badger, Foxes! much more than even more African animals!

Hoping for all of them eventually. Need some flying birds.

In general, I like the video by the way! It's just that I think 4 or 5 animals per DLC is a very meager amount. The Arctic DLC is only the first one out, and may not be representative for future DLCs. So I'm holding out for DLCs that include more animals than max 5. Especially when they include multiple non-unique animals!
A unique animal is an animal that needs a completely new model, new animations, new everything. Non-unique animals are altered models taken from existing animals in the game. Those are easier to create, so when they are added to a DLC I expect more animals in total.

I loved this video. In my opinion a great concept to sort packs into regions. I find it educational and it offers theme ideas for parks. The critically endangered animals would also raise some awareness. Aesthetically, I would also enjoy more aquatic wildlife. I can already imagine all the creativity on the Workshop and YouTube.

This is a great video that clearly had a lot of thought put into it. I'm really curious to see what forthcoming DLC packs include in terms of content. I'm actually of the assumption that the Arctic Pack will be a good indicator as to the size of each pack, though. They've sort of "set the stage" for packs to be for 4 animals plus a new theme set. If they shift that, they would probably need to reduce the cost of the Arctic Pack. It would look odd for them to release a pack with 6 animals and a new themed set for the same price, for example.

But maybe new packs will have more animals if they didn't add a theme? For example: No new building pieces but 6-8 new animals for the same price. Something like that.

A lot will come.

I'm being serious.

I mean, I hope you're right... But what is this based on? Just a hunch or...?

But maybe new packs will have more animals if they didn't add a theme? For example: No new building pieces but 6-8 new animals for the same price. Something like that.

That's what I'm expecting. I mean, there's only so many building sets they can include, surely - they would basically have to substitute building sets for something else on a few occasions. I also think you're right in assuming that the Arctic Pack will be a good basis for what to expect in the future. I do believe they might include more in future packs and the price might go up, but not to the degree of a Zoo Tycoon expansion pack or something. 4-6 animals max or something (better to assume just 4 though, that way you won't be disappointed and might even be pleasantly surprised). The other thing to think about, however, is how they include exhibit animals in DLC. Will they make bigger DLC's with exhibit animals in them? Separate DLC's? Will they drop exhibit development entirely?

My gripe with this video (which I've expressed on every occasion that it's been posted so far) is that the creator is clearly being extremely optimistic. I mean, it's pretty telling that he doesn't quite 'get' Frontier's thinking; he specifically says "X animal is the least likely because it's so similar to Y animal we already have", when the reality is the exact opposite. When considering what might come in future DLC's, the easier animals to make (the clones, the ones based on existing models and animation/AI sets) will be the ones we're most likely to see. I think every DLC will be peppered with those kinds of animals - the entire Arctic Pack was remodels, after all, rather than new animals (except maybe the Dall sheep - and Frontier was somehow surprised it turned out to be a fan favourite!).

What about themes, decor, building items and such? Anything specific there?

For a European pack I'd like to see some kind of German theme, like the Berlin Zoo. For North America, a theme set based on some kind of Native American culture would be nice (I don't think a "wild west" theme would work unless the whole pack was built around the wild west). I think for the inevitable Australian DLC we'll get an Aboriginal theme (the art pieces alone would be stunning), and probably some kind of red desert rocks (like how we got the ice/snow rocks in the Arctic Pack).

Aside from animals (and that includes exhibit animals) the only thing I want out of an African DLC is an African-specific path, with African-themed railing. We got classic railing, Indian railing, and East Asian railing, and I assume Arctic railing, but no African. The closest 'African' path I've found is the terrain path, but only when raised because it creates a sort of sandy colour.

That's what I'm expecting. I mean, there's only so many building sets they can include, surely - they would basically have to substitute building sets for something else on a few occasions. I also think you're right in assuming that the Arctic Pack will be a good basis for what to expect in the future. I do believe they might include more in future packs and the price might go up, but not to the degree of a Zoo Tycoon expansion pack or something. 4-6 animals max or something (better to assume just 4 though, that way you won't be disappointed and might even be pleasantly surprised). The other thing to think about, however, is how they include exhibit animals in DLC. Will they make bigger DLC's with exhibit animals in them? Separate DLC's? Will they drop exhibit development entirely?

My gripe with this video (which I've expressed on every occasion that it's been posted so far) is that the creator is clearly being extremely optimistic. I mean, it's pretty telling that he doesn't quite 'get' Frontier's thinking; he specifically says "X animal is the least likely because it's so similar to Y animal we already have", when the reality is the exact opposite. When considering what might come in future DLC's, the easier animals to make (the clones, the ones based on existing models and animation/AI sets) will be the ones we're most likely to see. I think every DLC will be peppered with those kinds of animals - the entire Arctic Pack was remodels, after all, rather than new animals (except maybe the Dall sheep - and Frontier was somehow surprised it turned out to be a fan favourite!).

I'm with you. I definitely hope they substitute building sets for additional animals in future DLC. In the case of an Australian pack, for example, I don't know that they'd need to add a new buildng set, but it would be really nice to have additional scenery items and maybe a few specific building items to create an Aussie-specific section of the zoo. But not a full building set. And foliage is going to be critical for many of the biome and continent sets that they release.

I definitely think we'll be getting new exhibit animals as time goes along, though. The Arctic Pack just doesn't provide a decent example of that given that, well, there's no real exhibit animals to add there (not that I can think of, anyway). If they do continue development of them, and I think they will... I really hope they keep the focus on herps (and add things like fish and smaller mammals) rather than adding more insects or arachnids. I just don't find those anywhere near as interesting or fun to add.

I'm all for optimism, but I do think viewing the Arctic Pack as a general "starting point" for what we are going to get as time goes along is fair. 4 animals + building tools for $10 USD. More animals will increase the cost, unless they don't have building items... Which is one of the reasons that I really hope they go for "animal type" packs in addition to region/continent bundles. It can help round things out for regions. For example: If they release an Australian DLC and for whatever reason it doesn't include a dingo? That could be added as part of a canid pack down the line. Similarly, if they don't include a cassowary it could be added as part of a flightless birds pack.

I'm hoping the next DLC deviates from the formula provided by the Arctic Pack at least a little bit so we can get a sense of what else they might do in the future.

I'd like an Aztec / Mayan inspired theme that could come with a tropical or south American DLC. Lots of jungle style decor.

And an Australian theme for sure, a desert style.

The classic theme is very British, so I'd like a mainland European theme.

I agree, other than those. We anyone like anything a bit more fantastic/imaginative to build with?

I loved this video. In my opinion a great concept to sort packs into regions. I find it educational and it offers theme ideas for parks. The critically endangered animals would also raise some awareness. Aesthetically, I would also enjoy more aquatic wildlife. I can already imagine all the creativity on the Workshop and YouTube.

It would be a lot of fun. Underwater tunnels and viewing, coral reefs, sunken ships, futuristic parks and etc would be fun to explore in concert with the many other themes to come.

This is a great video that clearly had a lot of thought put into it. I'm really curious to see what forthcoming DLC packs include in terms of content. I'm actually of the assumption that the Arctic Pack will be a good indicator as to the size of each pack, though. They've sort of "set the stage" for packs to be for 4 animals plus a new theme set. If they shift that, they would probably need to reduce the cost of the Arctic Pack. It would look odd for them to release a pack with 6 animals and a new themed set for the same price, for example.

I mean, I hope you're right... But what is this based on? Just a hunch or...?

Wouldn't it depend on the uniqueness of the animals?

Also in speacking about exhibits. Wouldn't it be nice to have them in a variety of sizes and terrain? The youtube vid is of hope of what might come. That's all that we can do. If Frontier does it or not is on them. Or someone else might come along and design something better in giving all of our wants and more :) We can only wait and see.

Top Bottom