What should I buy?

Ok, so I have 15mil creds in the bank (can very easily and quickly make 5-10 mil more) and a pretty good ASP explorer ( https://photos.app.goo.gl/M3kCkyFmuAjrHAJc9 ) (which I don't mind selling) but was looking for an upgrade. I mostly do combat (non pvp) and cargo runs so was thinking maybe a federal dropship (I am a midshipman) but it doesn't look like a great upgrade from the ASP or a type 7 but again only one extra class 6 slot. Any thoughts?

federal dropships is an interesting ship , and can do both (cargo runs, pve combat) quite well. it's seriously underprized as being rank locked, but a python or krait will make it superflous soon for you. you fly a federal dropship for roleplaying or because you love it, not because being better somehow :)

i recommend simply buying a dedicated combat ship and use your AspE forcargo runs. at 15 mio a vulture looks about right.

or you wait a bit, and invest into a krait or a python at ~100 mio.

Do NOT sell the AspX. Keep it.. you may want to go exploring in the future. And it's among the best you can get for exploring.

Vulture is like a space Lamborghini, and can fly circles around any NPC ship if properly outfitted. - it is a small ship though not medium and no good for cargo.

That said, i dont own one but i am planning on getting one very soon - the Alliance Chieftain i have heard nothing but good things about. but that costs 19mil, probably about 17ish from a LYR system. Not sure on how good it is for cargo though.

EDIT: semi ninjad by goemon

Ok, so I have 15mil creds in the bank (can very easily and quickly make 5-10 mil more) and a pretty good ASP explorer ( https://photos.app.goo.gl/M3kCkyFmuAjrHAJc9 ) (which I don't mind selling) but was looking for an upgrade. I mostly do combat (non pvp) and cargo runs so was thinking maybe a federal dropship (I am a midshipman) but it doesn't look like a great upgrade from the ASP or a type 7 but again only one extra class 6 slot. Any thoughts?
With that kind of money you can outfit a decent dBX ... one class 3 slot for a powerful laser, and two class 2s for cannon, or similar. That ship will come in handy later as a fast get-around taxi and SRV carrier for Guardian upgrades.

Do NOT sell the AspX. Keep it.. you may want to go exploring in the future. And it's among the best you can get for exploring.

Vulture is like a space Lamborghini, and can fly circles around any NPC ship if properly outfitted. - it is a small ship though not medium and no good for cargo.

That said, i dont own one but i am planning on getting one very soon - the Alliance Chieftain i have heard nothing but good things about. but that costs 19mil, probably about 17ish from a LYR system. Not sure on how good it is for cargo though.

EDIT: semi ninjad by goemon
chieftain can make a very nice multipurpose with 64t of cargo - but outfitting it will cost much more than the AspE - i don't think it's possible with the 16,5 mio at hand to outfit a chieftain to outperform an AspE.

Think I'll go for a krait then, in your opinion is a mk2 worth the extra few million?
i personally would feel comfortable to outfit a krait mkII with around 75 mio+rebuy; and i think you are just now missing that amount of credits. so wait a bit.
krait mkII can fit a fighter as above, and it also has a bit more cargo - so if you intend to fly one ship, that's well worth the extra CR.phantom makes the better explorer. good thing is - both kraits as well as python share internals, so you can simply sell the hull and use the modules to try the other at some point.

It all depends on what you want to do. Any of the Ts are cargo ships but not very nimble and have very poor defence.
The Federal Assault Ship is a decent combat ship.
The best multirole ship is the Krait or Python that can land at Outposts too as they're Medium sized.

Are you on Xbox, PS4 or PC?
You can quickly get those credits up by joining a wing with some friends and going bounty hunting together. You'll quickly rack up those credits and have some fun at the same time.

Probably a bit out of your price range at the moment, but a Python should be on your list. It can haul the most cargo to medium and small pads and is also a decent combat ship.

I bought a new character from the Epic store and my progression with her has been Sidewinder > Type 6 > Dolphin. I'm currently out exploring in the Dolphin with the help of my alt's carrier. I should have enough credits to afford a well kitted-out cargo Python by the end of today.

Don't sell your AspX. Not only is it a great explorer, but you'll want to hold onto it for use as a taxi. A lot of people prefer the Diamondback, but the AspX can mount the biggest fuel scoop. This saves a ton of time over a long journey.

Love the Dropship! It’s great for local mission running, combat and mining. Looks and sounds amazing!!

Here’s mine, been flying it for a few weeks now...
AF87A526-D71D-4A66-AE41-ABF7A8B1BEF9.jpeg

It does have very bad jump range so you’ll perhaps want a DBX or AspX to use for any long range duties. It also drifts when you rag it, but I enjoy that part...

i personally would feel comfortable to outfit a krait mkII with around 75 mio+rebuy; and i think you are just now missing that amount of credits. so wait a bit.
krait mkII can fit a fighter as above, and it also has a bit more cargo - so if you intend to fly one ship, that's well worth the extra CR.phantom makes the better explorer. good thing is - both kraits as well as python share internals, so you can simply sell the hull and use the modules to try the other at some point.
I can easily get to about 100 mil in about an hour or two (by going back and forth doing search and rescue miisions in atropos-Kepler orbital) so the creds aren't a problem

Yep, it is worth to go for Krait Mk2 - it is the next hop from AspX
But you need a lot of credits.

Dont even think to get one if you dont have at least 180-200 millions in the bank
A-rating Krait Mk2 can get expensive
I don't intend to a rate it, I'll upgrade as I go

Top Bottom