What the hell has just happened to the performance??? Halved framerate from April Update?

Having the same issue with a brand new system and RTX 2070. Before patch it was smooth without any fps-drops, now it's unplayable at 30 fps and sometimes even lower in stations. It also seems to get worse when entering the left and right menus. Maybe there is a correlation with the reworked menus?

Are you noticing the frame-skip / lag spikes? ( I don't know to call them). They often happen when you initially bring up one of the panel menus, or the contact list updates...

Issues with the game halving frame rates in equal amounts sounds like a vertical sync issue.
Turn vsync off in Elite and override the setting in your Nvidia/AMD control panel to force it on.
See if that fixes anything.

Same:
Settings that was before patch gave me solid 90fps, even in station, browsing station menu's start off with a solid 45fps.
Then degrades in under a minute to <30fps.
It's not halving of fps, I was getting less than 1\3.

Rift CV1
i7 8700k @ 4.7
32GB @ 2900mhz
1080ti

Turning off Post FX, back to 90fps.

Seriously if ED can't step up and sort this ASAP this QOL period will kill the game completely.
There won't be any players left when you start on the next phase.

Same here. i7, 1080 ti, 32Gb ram.
Before patch, stable 80-90 + FPS, after patch 30 to 50. Mostly In stations, amount of drop is quite random.
Setting fx to off is unacceptable for me. significant quality loss.

As a software architect, what makes me freak out the most, it is not the fact that we have to disable the FX options in the game to be able to play again, it is rather than nobody in the development team have tested the update in VR before releasing the build.

That is quite disturbing for me because it took me 30 seconds to see the issue.

Is it me or have the pushed out a sneaky fix? My game seems to be running smooth again and all my keybinds disappeared! (Yeah I know I should have a backup save, I will do it when I’ve got them how I like them again...as I said I’m new to this pc lark :D)

As a software architect, what makes me freak out the most, it is not the fact that we have to disable the FX options in the game to be able to play again, it is rather than nobody in the development team have tested the update in VR before releasing the build.

That is quite disturbing for me because it took me 30 seconds to see the issue.

It's just a workaround to play until it will be fixed.

It's just a workaround to play until it will be fixed.

Yep sure and hopefully, we have a workaround.
But usually when we release a version of a software or a game, sometimes, you broke a part or a feature because we all need to rush to release.

But man, if you don't use the workaround it is the whole game which is broken in VR, that doesn't compute for me :) .

So I found the same thing. Waited for the update to complete, then logged in and nothing but stutter stepping. I'm running dual GTX580 Classifieds and was consistently running 25 - 30 FPS with graphics on high setting. I'd be at High Res sites fighting with 20 ships flying around the screen and no issues.

After the update, the FPS appears to be about the same but totally stutter stepping. Even with only 1 or 2 ships on the screen. Very disappointing.

I tried deleting the graphics directly as someone suggested. No difference at all. Still totally laggy/stuttering. I have to turn graphincs from high to low to be able to play the game. I'm not in VR.

I returned to ED yesterday after almost a year out and noticed no significant change in FPS. No lag, no sttuter.

i5 7400
24 Gb DDR4
SSD 500Gb Samsung EVO
AMD R9 380x w/4Gb DDR5
Oculus Rift CV1
100 mbps Internet

The real what here isn't they didn't test in VR.

This is has been reported by plenty of people on regular screens.
It seems FD, like Sony and MS seem to thing 30fps is plenty good...

i7 6700k, 1080Ti, 16gb ddr4 3000, always solid 60fps (V-Sync pc to tv) now 45!! with stuttering and jerky motion, last time framerate was this bad was just after Horizions launched and it tried to melt my old 760GTX with a gpu temp of 106 lmfao

edit: new lowest fps 23... ouch!

Last edited:
Top Bottom