What the??!!!

I got the ghost achievement the other day.. for a Llama baby that was born but... the baby was not an albino???

This achievement says to breed an albino - but my baby was dark tan :( I checked all the other babies in the habitat just to make sure I had the right one but nope.. no albino in there.

Where's my albino... ??? Was it so white it was invisible? .. :p:oops::ROFLMAO:

Totally confused now. I am playing in Sandbox mode but I thought they changed it so that Sandbox could have albinos as well and why get the achievement if I did not get an albino baby?

Very disappointed but plodding on.. hopefully one day I'll get another.. .a real one..

The llamas no longer have an albino variant. With the new system it randomly chooses textures between the base color (which is brown) and the albino texture (which is white) and all llamas are randomly designed to be a mix of those. So in game the llama might have been treated as an albino but still have trace amounts of brown.

Happened to me as well, also with a llama. The "albino" is dark brown and the colour description also doesn't say it's an albino.

Ah... thank you! That explains something else .. I have two male Llamas that the colour description says are cream with dark patches.. only.. they are not.. they are white.. looks like some grey shading on the flanks but it's hardly noticeable. They don't have pink eyes as a true albino might have but hey.. they are white..ish! So I'll be happy with those and go on trying to breed another albino somewhere else. Shame I got the achievement for a fake albino would have preferred it to be a real one.. feel a bit cheated really but thanks for explaining the problem.(y):)

Ah, this explains why I never found the albino which should have been born in my zoo :D Thanks for bringing this up!

The llamas no longer have an albino variant
They never had one. It was a leucistic Llama instead of a Albino even though a white Llama with pink Eyes would've been so much cooler. I can show a few Screenshots of one if you want

With the new system it randomly chooses textures between the base color (which is brown) and the albino texture (which is white) and all llamas are randomly designed to be a mix of those.
Is it already known if we can still get them or will they always be slightly brown?
I wish they would've done it different with the Llama Textures. There was already a completely white one and a leucistic one. Why just throw that away? I would love it to be able to get completely white Llamas (and some other Fur Colors and Markings that don't seem to be in the Game) instead of needing to try to selectively breed Llamas that are only almost completely white and still have small brown Spots on their Legs

I agree my white ones have spots as well. :( I was trying to breed a herd of white llamas and a herd of black ones.. which is why I was so happy when the Ghost achievement popped up - but looks like the white ones won't succeed, so I have shelved that one for now hoping Frontier will maybe one day give us a completely white one.

You never know .. maybe the genetic pattern that defines albino is still there but not dominant. .. maybe one or two of their offspring will be more albino/white than their parents.

Well that's a thing to think about thank you :) I took a look at my herd two almost white males and a white female with a few dark spots spots so who knows? They are back in the
pen and here's hoping!

It really depends on how the game defines the genetic inheritance .. there is definitely a one gene per parent scenario but maybe we only see the dominant genes and the recessive ones are hidden from us. If, that is, they have built in a dominant/recessive scenario. Hopefully, with the more realistic inheritance changes they made recently, I'll be able to see that happening more easily now .. but it may take a few generations, across a few different animals from a base frontier animal stock to see whether a grandparent gene pops in from nowhere.

I love the unpredictability of breeding and seeing what comes out. It's part of the attraction of the game for me, especially with things like Llamas that have so many colour variants. I'm determined to keep breeding these hopefully one day I'll come back to say hey! I got my Albino Llama! ;) or a white one at least; but please Frontier.. don't give me achievements for what I don't have.. it's a bit .. disheartening .. and I do feel cheated with that.

I'm actually disappointed they got rid of the albino llamas. I had a herd of albinos but now they're all black. Which is fine, if albinos just no longer exist, but as we can see from OP's post apparently they do. And this is also confirmed by the icons. As you can see in the screenshot, the llamas that were albino still have the old albino icon (white with blue eyes, no eyeliner) and the non-albino llama still has the old non-albino icon (white with dark eyes, and dark black eyeliner).

If they want to remove the albino llama they should do what they did with Dall Sheep and remove albinos entirely.

Although what I'd love is if they put albino llamas back and also added albino Dall Sheep.

Attachments

• AlbinoLlamas.png
    AlbinoLlamas.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 204
I'm actually disappointed they got rid of the albino llamas. I had a herd of albinos but now they're all black. Which is fine, if albinos just no longer exist, but as we can see from OP's post apparently they do. And this is also confirmed by the icons. As you can see in the screenshot, the llamas that were albino still have the old albino icon (white with blue eyes, no eyeliner) and the non-albino llama still has the old non-albino icon (white with dark eyes, and dark black eyeliner).

If they want to remove the albino llama they should do what they did with Dall Sheep and remove albinos entirely.

Although what I'd love is if they put albino llamas back and also added albino Dall Sheep.
I managed to get a llama that was all white, except a bit of a greyish shade on certain areas, and a few tiny brown spots on its legs. I'll see if through breeding I can get an all white one.

I have bred mine for quite a while, only the very grey ones and ones with small spots on legs.. no inbreeding at all.. but so far I havn't managed to get an all white one.. please let me know if you get one! I manage to get an all black herd which looked really cool.. shame we can't get an all white one especially as the icon on zoopedia seems to be all white..

Top Bottom