Newcomer / Intro What to do with my 80 million?

No it didn't.

Each fragment at 68% fills up 68% of a refinery bin - therefore you need two to fill a bin - a filled bin refines 1 tonne of product.

(BTW - it is metric - tonne not ton)

well, you might be right: I noticed, the right panel said "fragment collected ...Painite refined....fragment collected..." that could have been two fragments also...

Actually I never understood the logic of refinery-filling. Thank you for that ;-)

Easy to get the impression that each frag was making a full tonne if there were some leftovers in the refinery already.

Might be worth mentioning here that you can use the refinery to store a few more tonnes. If you eject other ores from the bins, then when they are all full of the stuff you really want head off home and sell your cargo. As soon as there is spare cargo space, your good old refinery will thunck thunck kerrplunck and voila 6 more tonnes of Void opals or whatever.

Happy mining Cmdr.

Easy to get the impression that each frag was making a full tonne if there were some leftovers in the refinery already.

Might be worth mentioning here that you can use the refinery to store a few more tonnes. If you eject other ores from the bins, then when they are all full of the stuff you really want head off home and sell your cargo. As soon as there is spare cargo space, your good old refinery will thunck thunck kerrplunck and voila 6 more tonnes of Void opals or whatever.

Happy mining Cmdr.
A couple of addendums (addenda?) here:
  • a class two refinery can store more ore (6 tons) than a class two cargo rack (4 tons). No, you can't equip more than one refinery :p
  • you may encounter a bug here that, if your refinery is unable to discharge its load after you've docked and you log off while docked with both the refinery and the cargo hold filled, the refinery might become stuck. You'll need to sell that refinery then and buy a new one. Happened to me once (only), so I'm not too sure about reproduceability.

Top Bottom