What would happen if animals escape their exhibit, since they can't do anything to the guests?

Proper animal care and fencing is obviously a need that will need to be met. But if the animals are unhappy where they are, it would make sense for them to try to escape right? Or say, if you place a really low fence for a jumping animal like a Zebra, or a chain link fence for a climbing animal like a monkey, they clearly should be able to escape.

Now, Frontier said that in order to keep the game kid-friendly, the animals would not attack the guests if they got out. And, they said the guests would "become unhappy" and leave on their own.
This doesn't seem really realistic to me, I mean, if there was a tiger roaming around surely you would run away screaming, instead of just walking out angrily Ha ha.

I thought of a solution: Make unhappy/dangerous animals outside their exhibits simply chase the guests, and knock them into the ground, but not actually hurt them. Basically, they charge towards the guest, and push them to the side, which leaves them unconscious on the ground for say, around 1 minute. Stars and sparkles then orbit their head, and once the minute is over, they get up and either go to a medical building, or leave the park. If this happens to a guest, there may be a monetary punishment. So, if the guests see an animal that is charging towards themselves or people nearby on the group, they will run away and complain about it. There would be no wounds, no blood, and the guests wouldn't be hurt, just... resting. Simple!

So that would keep the game realistic, and child-friendly. Easy!

What do you guys think should happen if an animal escapes?

This!

ZT2 managed to stay kid-friendly, despite the animals are able to attack the guests.

And I mean.. if you can make "human bowling" in PC, using an unfinished coaster and guests for pins, surely, this suggestion can't be any worse.

Now, Frontier said that in order to keep the game kid-friendly, the animals would not attack the guests if they got out. And, they said the guests would "become unhappy" and leave on their own.
What, no rampaging animals on the loose? Where is the fun in that?

Maybe have a helicopter with a zoo staff person shooting the escaped animal with a tranquilizer rifle, like in Jurassic World Evolution, also a game made by Frontier. Or have security staff like in Planet Coaster who carry hand tasers which can stun but not kill an animal, giving enough time to transport the animal like in Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One, back to their enclosure. Or perhaps have go carts or something like what Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One, made by Frontier, has. When you drive a cart to try and run over people, they just slide away when you try to run them over.

They could be an emergency team for just this where they go out and protect the visitor and ask them to head to a certain area while they try to catch the runaway. And since the animal has personality the staff will need to be careful and not just a matter of shot on sight. Perhaps even make it go back if possible. :) Each of this exp help give exp to the staff so they can handle more of these breakout. :)

Top Bottom