What would it take to stop you playing Elite?

1.Removing solo and private group modes.
2.Frontier breaking the principle that all modes are equal.
3.Too much magic
4.No NPC crew, that would probably turn me away from the game in the long run.

Truth be told, if I had not been so hyped during beta that I bought the premium version, which gives me all updates and beta access for no extra I would have probably stopped playing the game after 1.5 patch.

I only pop on every now and again because I get all updates included in my package.

So basically, if I had bought ED as a normal customer then I wouldn't have played for over a year now.

The release of Mass Effect: Andromeda
As least, until I finish it.

Dead Space 4, The Last of Us 2 (Though I'm still holding out for The Next to Last of Us as a title), or Elite: Deadly.

What could stop me from playing ED....? Something better that comes out which enhances the experience of simply stepping into a future galaxy and doing stuff there.

Barring that, perhaps an asteroid impact, mega tsunami, or Trump's curiosity in how nukes would fair in solving the world's problems... though likely in the cases noted, will continue to play ED for some time to come....

Last edited:
Nope ... I've stared at this blank edit form for too long now ... I've got nothin'.

No wait .. I know! The introduction of these ...

panda.jpg

That did it for Warcraft for me. :p

Last edited:
I don't find myself getting angry or indignant over anything that seems to annoy others here on the forum.

That being said the moment I find the game boring is the moment I put it down.

I've not played Elite in a couple of months but I will no doubt give it another go as I have form when it comes to dropping games for weeks at a time.

Subscription fee
or
arcade-gameplay
or
pay-to-win

i'm satisfied with what the game have to offer, even after 2.5y and 800 hours.
The regular update always brings something new, it does not look like it, but when all those small updates, additions, contents, etc... will be merged together and harmonized, we'll have an incredible scope of activities with tons of different approach

Last edited:
I'd say "Engineers" but that's already happened and I still put up with spending so many boring, to me anyways, hours of collecting crap trying to find the golden gem for what I need for the next grade 5 roll... I don't think I've actually "played" the game since engineers dropped as I'm still doing stuff to unlock engineers and then find the materials needed to make my Vulture the way I want it.

Though if 2.3 drops and nerfs the shields so that my heavy duty engineered grade 5 5C bi-weave with 3 x 0A heavy duty grade 5 boosters no longer gives me 1,000MJ of power - then I may go and buy Mass Effect:Andromeda (already playing Ghost Recon Wildlands since yesterday so that's got me off ED for a bit)

Insta-travel.
No ship legs.
No atmo.
P2W ( buying ships on store, ala Star Citizen )
Excessive pandering to the instant-gratification generation.

I'm not playing at the moment does that count? Not logged in for around two weeks.

Not sure what could stop me from playing all together tho, if FD went mad and thought a monthly sub was needed that would do it. Oh and a default 3rd person view, and the increasing pew pew quick fix feel to the game that is slipping in slowly but surely, yes I know its optional but its something I really dont like.

Last but not least, selling out to EA, or if the store become P2W. (just noticed that one above mine)

Last edited:
Top Bottom