What's all the fuss about : There is plenty of Tritium out there

So if I don't want to spend half a day (12 HOURS) mining and potential RSI I need to uninstall and Play COD?

Thank you for highlighting the issue.

Some of Fdevs Customers work and have a life outside of Elite, we are not all surrounded by Pizza Boxes and 3L bottles of diet drinks you know!

I may play between 6 - 8 hours per week

Enjoy your Pizza!

When I started playing elite back in 2015 I sat down at a desk I set up in an empty field. Now, I have a huge and luxurious 2 story house and garage made completely out of pizza boxes and soda bottles! I've come along way since those days.....

Lol kidding, had to...

When I started playing elite back in 2015 I sat down at a desk I set up in an empty field. Now, I have a huge and luxurious 2 story house and garage made completely out of pizza boxes and soda bottles! I've come along way since those days.....

Lol kidding, had to...

What did you use for reinforced joists? Hopefully the rock hard old crusts where the anchovies were moved to, then left over?!

I just wanted cheap H³ to set up a regular Colonia ferry service because it makes a big difference if you have to pay 33 M Cr or 330 M Cr regularly.

Assuming approx 7.5 k t H³ consumption one way and 4.3 k / 43 k buying price per ton.
NOT taking into account that there's no more H³ available in the Colonia region and also not that there were no prices like 4.3 k/t out there and one has to bring the fuel for the trip back with him...

About 15 hrs non stop one way and on a week(end)ly schedule. That was the plan... Now the carrier of my alt cmdr will be decomissioned before the first real trip…

On a serious note, I'll throw my 2 cents in on an idea I had back in beta:

Carrier service available: Tritium refinery.

Costs 350,000,000 credits, upkeep 2,000,000 a week. Weighs 250 tons. (Values subject to change on balancing)

What it does: park your carrier directly in orbit around a standard scoopable star. Your carrier will slowly process Hydrogen and refine it into Tritium to be applied directly to the tank.

In 24 hours you can go to 0 Tritium to 1000. (Adjust figures according to balance, 24 hours is just an idea. I even gone as far as to suggest a week for a full tank).

This Tritium is only for the "gas tank" there is no spillover to store in the cargo bay.

This would be slow enough that if you just want to get somewhere bring or mine your own, and fast enough where you can take your time getting to your destination without worrying about refueling.

Last edited:
My bad - Should have put Starwars Squadrons :)

You forgot all the caps and exclamation marks in your thread title ;-) Look, am sure there are plenty complaining for no reason, I did some test mining in a random spot (WREGOE XC-X B30-0 ) EVERY rock I tried had at least 20% Tritium (single hotspot) Carriers on ultra long trips always had to mine, so I don't see why anyone can complain when it is now much easier for expeditions.

My issue is that Cmdrs in Colonia have spent real cash in the store, thinking they can at least purchase fuel for 40k a ton ingame, they are now forced to mine, forget cheap fuel, there is no fuel unless something has changed in the last 24 hours. That royally p'd me off, and it doesn't even affect me directly.

Why don't they have bulk haulers and tankers providing fuel? Why no surface refinerys? Why no CG's to build deep space refinery's?.. So many options, but as usual they use a sledge hammer to fix issues that need attention and care.

Last edited:
You forgot all the caps and exclamation marks in your thread title ;-) Look, am sure there are plenty complaining for no reason, I did some test mining in a random spot (WREGOE XC-X B30-0 ) EVERY rock I tried had at least 20% Tritium (single hotspot) Carriers on ultra long trips always had to mine, so I don't see why anyone can complain when it is now much easier for expeditions.

My issue is that Cmdrs in Colonia have spent real cash in the store, thinking they can at least purchase fuel for 40k a ton ingame, they are now forced to mine, forget cheap fuel, there is no fuel unless something has changed in the last 24 hours. That royally p'd me off, and it doesn't even affect me directly.

Why don't they have bulk haulers and tankers providing fuel? Why no surface refinerys?.. So many options, but as usual they use a sledge hammer to fix issues that need attention and care.

I'm right there with you on this

about 200t/next jump
....now count numbers
full tank = 1000/200 = 5 hrs of mining.
1000t in avr is 2500ly.
So you dig 5 hrs for 2500ly. Lets say you want to return from beagle to bubble, (65000 / 2500) * 5 = 130hrs of non stop digging. That is whole working month counting 5 days a week, 8 hours day.

Can anyone quantify OK? We have people ranging 1 hour a week to 24/7 Who or What is ok?
Well a fully loaded carrier takes about 250 T of tritium for a max range jump - a stripped down carrier about half that. So if mining 200 T/h is realistic - and while there's some luck involved, that seems like the same ballpark as other sources I'm seeing - then it's around an hour of mining per jump.

about 200t/next jump
....now count numbers
full tank = 1000/200 = 5 hrs of mining.
1000t in avr is 2500ly.
So you dig 5 hrs for 2500ly. Lets say you want to return from beagle to bubble, (65000 / 2500) * 5 = 130hrs of non stop digging. That is whole working month counting 5 days a week, 8 hours day.

It is brutal, but at no point was it stated that carriers could easily trundle out to Beagle point. These big expeditions should be done by large groups of players, fairly certain that was always the intention. Over on the discord, long trips seemed very organised, groups of people, that was when drop rates where terrible.

This market system is freaking ridiculous took my squad on a trip to colonia and now we gotta slave away in the minefields to get home. I don't mind paying for tritium but having all of colonia bone dry is unacceptable. If I didn't have 5 new cmdrs aboard I'd be decomissioning my carrier, deleting my cmdrs and uninstalling ed right now. Gonna get them back home to the bubble then I'm out not jumping through fdevs hoops anymore screw these people.

It is brutal, but at no point was it stated that carriers could easily trundle out to Beagle point. These big expeditions should be done by large groups of players, fairly certain that was always the intention. Over on the discord, long trips seemed very organised, groups of people, that was when drop rates where terrible.
That is old initial vision. Somewhern at beta-2 they decided it is personal so they can get more ARX. Since then no point to mention big expeditions. It must be easy fueled solo.

That is old initial vision. Somewhern at beta-2 they decided it is personal so they can get more ARX. Since then no point to mention big expeditions. It must be easy fueled solo.
That's opinion, and you know it. Fleet carriers were ALWAYS meant to be "end game" achievements for Cmdrs with time/credits/experience under their belts. Then the eggsploit came along, and instead of a hundred or so carrier owners, there are now thousands upon thousands of them. It's tinfoil hattery to assume that this was a decision FDev made and were twirling their mustaches in their evil lair, cackling at the notion that a few dozen extra people would buy ARX.

I would strongly disagree with that characterization. At some point in the past year or so they decided that fleet carriers can be owned and operated by solo players. Not that it would be easy to do so.

The fact that FD seems to have been surprised by the number of carriers purchased would suggest that they intended them to be even more exclusive than they currently are.

That's opinion, and you know it. Fleet carriers were ALWAYS meant to be "end game" achievements for Cmdrs with time/credits/experience under their belts. Then the eggsploit came along, and instead of a hundred or so carrier owners, there are now thousands upon thousands of them. It's tinfoil hattery to assume that this was a decision FDev made and were twirling their mustaches in their evil lair, cackling at the notion that a few dozen extra people would buy ARX.
No tinfoils. In beta-2 they made 3 things:
1. they did x2 tritium.
2. they added UC
3. they made huge overload test, selling FC for 10mil.

Those 3 things together mean they started to check how solo player will go. Before that they didn't have such plans.

I would strongly disagree with that characterization. At some point in the past year or so they decided that fleet carriers can be owned and operated by solo players. Not that it would be easy to do so.

The fact that FD seems to have been surprised by the number of carriers purchased would suggest that they intended them to be even more exclusive than they currently are.
Correct. Mining bugs lead to too many credits. They calculated then instead ban-hammer, they can earn some money from that doing FC solo and selling arx. So in beta-2 they tested if it is possibly anyhow to lure solo players and if system can hold it.

Top Bottom