Game Discussions Whats the buggiest game you ever played ?.

Playing fallout 4 trying to confront the mechanist on survival mode (no save option or fast travel). First attempt I got almost to the mechanist and then got the Ada head sentry light bug and had to restart from the castle to switch her head. Second and third times the exit save function didn't work when I left for real life stuff, so I was back at the castle again. I'm getting sick of doing the same walk and starting over due simply to bugs. The sentry head bug may have compromised the save meaning a restart.

I genuinely enjoy this game but they really don't make it easy. Survival mode whilst more fun and challenging just isn't suited to a game this totally flaky, they should have given us the option to save whenever we liked to counter all the random crashes.

I've decided it's the buggiest AAA game I've ever come across.

Whats your worst ?.

I seem to remember Skyrim had a stack of bugs in the first few times I played it through, some mission conflicting stuff that made no sense. Another bug/exploit was (and I believe still is) a way to get in a sort of no space place in Winterhold which has a chest in it rammed with goodies.

The worst bug I came across was Just Cause 3, one bug. It wouldn't;t let you 100% the game, no matter what, it wouldn't go past 99%

Last edited:
I seem to remember Skyrim had a stack of bugs in the first few times I played it through, some mission conflicting stuff that made no sense. Another bug/exploit was (and I believe still is) a way to get in a sort of no space place in Winterhold which has a chest in it rammed with goodies.

The worst bug I came across was Just Cause 3, one bug. It wouldn't;t let you 100% the game, no matter what, it wouldn't go past 99%

I never finished Skyrim due to the wonky crafting interface IIRC. Or fallout 3 because after fighting through a load of deathclaws to a manhole cover into a drain my cell change save started at the bottom of the ladder and I'd spawn before the floor so I'd load and fall through the gameworld. Previous save was hours of progress back so I binned it.

I'm starting to see a pattern already BETHESDA 🤬.

I never finished Skyrim due to the wonky crafting interface IIRC. Or fallout 3 because after fighting through a load of deathclaws to a manhole cover into a drain my cell change save started at the bottom of the ladder and I'd spawn before the floor so I'd load and fall through the gameworld. Previous save was hours of progress back so I binned it.

I'm starting to see a pattern already BETHESDA 🤬.

Yes the Skyrim thing, there would be some enemy shooting at me safely concealed in a castle wall or something. My arrows could't go in but his came out. Dead things, buried waist deep in the floor and some living things.

My main gripe with Fallout 4 was the dog if I remember correctly. That thing gets under every damn step. I hate companions in any game. Always in your damn way. Bethesda are mildly appalling.

Erm, First Encounters (from Frontier) had a few biggies, including a signed bit in the credits variable. Once you went a bit over 32Mcr it went negative, so apparently you OWED 32Mcr!!!

Yes the Skyrim thing, there would be some enemy shooting at me safely concealed in a castle wall or something. My arrows could't go in but his came out. Dead things, buried waist deep in the floor and some living things.

My main gripe with Fallout 4 was the dog if I remember correctly. That thing gets under every damn step. I hate companions in any game. Always in your damn way. Bethesda are mildly appalling.

Yep, when you have to use him to follow the trail he sits so close to the items you can't pick them up.

The fix for that one is the same as the fix for getting the Brahmin of the roof in sanctuary or a settler out of a doorway, find a tyre or a traffic cone or something and pick it up by holding activate on it. Then biff the dog/settler/brahmin in the direction you want it to go with it. I have a permanent brahmin shifting ladder built in sanctuary.

Daggerfall, Stalker, Simcity 4 and Fallout 3, Elite Dangerous and Total War Empire also. Early days WoW had some bugs but was still amazing for what It was. I really enjoyed them all and they never deterred me but happened often.

Looking back over 35 years of gaming most games were amazingly playable and polished for me (Obviously simpler times).

Last edited:
Driver on PC. it was a bad port of the PS game. by bad I mean, falling through the ground, flying into buildings (and unable to get out), crashing against invisible walls. I loved the game PS, so persisted with the PC version, was badly bugged.

Fallout New Vegas. What an absolute horror show at times with a multitude of bugs. I do love the game but it was far from polished, though I'm going to point the finger at Bethesda rather than Obsidian as they were given a very short turn around time and an old game engine to work with.
On the Driver front, driver 3 (Driv3r) was wretched and unfinished in every way possible and had a even more tortured Dev cycle than Fnv.

Star Citizen without a doubt. I can't see how they'll ever do anything but make it worse, so much techinical debt built on unsteady foundations.

t least the Bethesda games actually ARE doing something nobody else really attempts: managing tons of objects with physics in a big open world and giving great mod support. Rickety creations, but the wonkiness can be pretty charming.

Whereas where the heck is the charm in Star Citizen?

It really makes me curious to see what comes of Starfield - ESPECIALLY if they attempt space flight rather than hyperspace to other planets. If you've ever tried modding vehicles into Creation Engine, you can imagine the horror!

Last edited:
Daggerfall, Stalker, Simcity 4 and Fallout 3, Elite Dangerous and Total War Empire also. Early days WoW had some bugs but was still amazing for what It was. I really enjoyed them all and they never deterred me but happened often.

Looking back over 35 years of gaming most games were amazingly playable and polished for me (Obviously simpler times).

Don't get me wrong I genuinely like fallout 3/4 and skyrim. I'd not have played through the bugs otherwise.

I think a lot of bugs stem directly from the complexity of games, the issues I'm having with the Mechanist seem mostly to be crashes when the mission related robots spawn in. As I've noticed the distance to robco HQ is the same when it goes wrong earlier in this playthrough it was the distance to the caravan distress frequency. By skipping inside the "crash radius" using a vertibird grenade I seem to have bypassed it now. Fingers crossed.

Mechanist your face has an appointment with the knuckles or my power armour.....again.

Don't get me wrong I genuinely like fallout 3/4 and skyrim. I'd not have played through the bugs otherwise.

I think a lot of bugs stem directly from the complexity of games, the issues I'm having with the Mechanist seem mostly to be crashes when the mission related robots spawn in. As I've noticed the distance to robco HQ is the same when it goes wrong earlier in this playthrough it was the distance to the caravan distress frequency. By skipping inside the "crash radius" using a vertibird grenade I seem to have bypassed it now. Fingers crossed.

Mechanist your face has an appointment with the knuckles or my power armour.....again.

Id say the worst was Total War Empire, it was my favorite Total War, which made me brutalize myself against it over and over (The game would typically hang for me around turn 80, supposedly something to do with AI armies clogging up as Ottomans. I was never able to get farther in game until revamp mods came out, but even then it was still iffy as hell and so frustrating to have a week long campaign just end suddenly. Not to mention all the random battles that just wouldnt end even though everyone was dead or had fled.

The things we put ourselves through for games we love.

ED is right up there tbh, still full of bugs to this day. SC obviously, littered with the things. NMS was, not played it recently

ED is right up there tbh, still full of bugs to this day. SC obviously, littered with the things. NMS was, not played it recently

The only issues I've ever had with ED were disconnects which were down to my rural internet 🤷‍♀️.Never had a single game breaker in it whatsoever in five years, which is pretty amazing TBH.

Like everything, bugs are a matter of opinion. ED has plenty of them, stuff going back to day one. Bearing in mind the current state of the game with the last patch, the game has been broken in so many ways, i just can't be bothered with it anymore. The old issues need fixing, and it's about time some of them were. The ridiculous method FD brought in with the Issue Tracker where bugs have to be upvoted before they even get looked at is the most stupid thing i've ever seen in any game

Top Bottom