Game Discussions Whats the buggiest game you ever played ?.

Some of you need to play more games. I wish ED was the "buggiest" game I've played. ED is a finely polished crystal compared to the nonsense Bethesda puts out. Release a game. Release a couple patches and leave it up to the community to fix it. My game is Fallout VR. Same bugs at the flat version plus even worse performance since its VR. The modding community hasn't really shown it any attention so performance fixes are hard to come by. Settings adjustments help a little but not much. Bethesda put out the last patch 2 years ago so they pretty much took the money and ran. I got it on sale so guess that's something. I still load it up once in a while to mess with settings and see if any mods came around to save the day. Holding out hope.

Some of you need to play more games.
FWIW, I agree. Not so much that I need to play more games (I already own more than I have years left to play), but rather that the more time you live in a house, the more flaws you will discover, and I've lived in the house of Elite for a long time now. That said, I've also been playing Skyrim for ages on three different platforms, and I just don't think of it is an overly-buggy game. ED has definitely upset me more over the years because of bugs, WAY more, than Skyrim (or any other game) has. The type of bug matters as well - a glitch that causes a random mammoth to fall from the sky is very different than a game-breaking CTD bug. So it's not just the number of the bugs, but the "weight" of each bug as well that affects how I feel about a game.

ps - I normally avoid games that have a reputation of being buggy in the first place, like RDR2 on PC.

FWIW, I agree. Not so much that I need to play more games (I already own more than I have years left to play), but rather that the more time you live in a house, the more flaws you will discover, and I've lived in the house of Elite for a long time now. That said, I've also been playing Skyrim for ages on three different platforms, and I just don't think of it is an overly-buggy game. ED has definitely upset me more over the years because of bugs, WAY more, than Skyrim (or any other game) has. The type of bug matters as well - a glitch that causes a random mammoth to fall from the sky is very different than a game-breaking CTD bug. So it's not just the number of the bugs, but the "weight" of each bug as well that affects how I feel about a game.

ps - I normally avoid games that have a reputation of being buggy in the first place, like RDR2 on PC.

Elephant butt leather was a feature, not a bug.

That said, I've also been playing Skyrim for ages on three different platforms, and I just don't think of it is an overly-buggy game.

Have to agree. Skyrim isn't too bad and it performs very well. But my first stop before even playing is to install the unofficial patch. I've not played a vanilla Bethesda game since Morrowind. Problem with FOVR is the unofficial patch doesn't really work well with it. I run flat FO and it does pretty ok.

Now that's a game I had zero problems with, it ran smoothly and I didn't come across any broken quests or weird behaviour or anything. I can't think of a single bug I encountered while playing it. (I finished the main story, haven't finished everything in the epilogue bit)

Now that's a game I had zero problems with, it ran smoothly and I didn't come across any broken quests or weird behaviour or anything. I can't think of a single bug I encountered while playing it. (I finished the main story, haven't finished everything in the epilogue bit)
Same here...never had any issues with RDR2 from the start...still don't.

Most of the complaints I see about it on pc are from the online players. I also think the majority of those are from modders / hackers corrupting the lobbies for everyone.

Deleted member 110222

D
Elite Dangerous.

The bugs in Elder Scrolls games are bad, but they can be patched unofficially.

That is not an option with Elite.

And frankly what we have here is often inexcusable, especially the length of time some bugs are left untouched without any explanation as to why they've had no mention in patch notes.

X:Rebirth. It was almost literally unplayable for months. The entire interstellar economy would collapse after thirty minutes and everything just... stopped. They spend months pushing the collapse back minute by minute, then hour by hour. Every patched required a new start. At launch the second mission of the intro tutorial was so bugged EgoSoft gave a guide on how to hexedit your save file to get past it.

It was mike's worse than any Bethesda game. The only thing worse was this 90s game where they somehow managed to forget to include the main exe on the CD-ROM, before the days of hotpatches. That's a classic.

Agree with most of what's been posted - fortunately always get on the FO games by the time a GOTY version is available meaning the modders have done all their work and made them playable.

Can't believe no one has mention il2 Cliffs of Dover. Should have been the go to battle of Britain flight sim, in actuality was a horrible broken mess at launch. Yet to try the new blitz version, and to think we complain about our bindings with ED!

Agree with most of what's been posted - fortunately always get on the FO games by the time a GOTY version is available meaning the modders have done all their work and made them playable.

Can't believe no one has mention il2 Cliffs of Dover. Should have been the go to battle of Britain flight sim, in actuality was a horrible broken mess at launch. Yet to try the new blitz version, and to think we complain about our bindings with ED!
Aye...I tend to forget the original Cliffs of Dover since I got so used to playing the Team Fusion modded version....I still play it now (under the guise of CoD Blitz).

The Cliffs of Dover Blitz version was just Oleg Maddox and 1C studios dragging the Team Fusion modded game back in house. The Team Fusion guys who modded the vanilla Cliffs of Dover into a more than acceptable state have gone on to make an add-on campaign for it too... Desert Wings:Tobruk, which releases next month. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Aye...I tend to forget the original Cliffs of Dover since I got so used to playing the Team Fusion modded version....I still play it now (under the guise of CoD Blitz).

The Cliffs of Dover Blitz version was just Oleg Maddox and 1C studios dragging the Team Fusion modded game back in house. The Team Fusion guys who modded the vanilla Cliffs of Dover into a more than acceptable state have gone on to make an add-on campaign for it too... Desert Wings:Tobruk, which releases next month. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Is it worth installing again do you think? I've read there are some issues with it a d an x52 Pro?

I finally seem to have fixed the CTD's in Fallout 4 by finishing the main quest, although Preston Garvey is now sending me to finch farm to rescue Abigail from the forged every time I talk to him.

On the bright side I'm giving all the resultant miners hats to my provisioners so I don't have anymore unfortunate sniping incidents.

Last edited:
Have to agree. Skyrim isn't too bad and it performs very well. But my first stop before even playing is to install the unofficial patch. I've not played a vanilla Bethesda game since Morrowind. Problem with FOVR is the unofficial patch doesn't really work well with it. I run flat FO and it does pretty ok.

I just have FO4VR so I installed the mods for that version only, opted in for the beta to launch it as well, because I've got a rift and a vega64 card, resolution was skewed and toçuch support absent with the normal release. I had to tweak stuff and get optimization mod but it went pretty smoothly after that. If modders anounced the unofficial patch isnt supported for FO4VR then it's not. But there are dedicated optimization mods for textures and mesh details that definately helps out there.

Frankly I couldn't play FO4 in pancake. It launched already outdated. Graphics-wize, story-wize, gameplay-wize, it's an already old sandbox and they gave the final blow on the franchise with 76 by releasing an outdated MMO. But then again, franchise was already moribond when they reskinned Oblivion to launch Fallout 3.

It's a perfect example of a buggy game where VR is a strong redeeming feature. Just like ED. It's old and 15$ in deep sales, not developed anymore. But you can set things up for a challenge, by choosing survivalist mode, forced to plan your travel until you unlock teleporter or vertibirds, and it's always fun to explore a handbuilt detailed world.

Is it worth installing again do you think? I've read there are some issues with it a d an x52 Pro?
I used to play Cliffs with an X52 proflight, can't remember any issues with setting it up...I now play it with an X56. The controls and bindings menus are still a bit of a chore to bash your way through (compared to the later titles in the IL2 Great Battle series). I found the best way around it is to just set up the things you'll realistically use...you don't need to go all DCS and set every switch or button in a cockpit to enjoy Cliffs of Dover...basic flight controls like flaps, gear, trim settings... and leave things like the radiators, engine management and prop pitch for the game to run....depends on how much sim you want...with the IL2 series in general, one size kinda fits all, it caters for the sim-heads, casual players and in betweens like me.

I'm kinda halfway, I like to fly but I don't really want to be faffing about clicking on cockpit functions or worrying about complex engine management in the middle of fighting a few Messerschmitts. I keep the flying and shooting parts as real as I'm comfortable with...cockpit and fiddly engine management to the game, I'm not Douglas Bader...just an old bloke that likes pretending I am ;)

There's a forum thread not far from this one where those of us who play the IL2 series discuss stuff...there's a few of us in there who play CoD regularly...as well as all the other bits in the IL2 Great Battle series from Rise of Flight and Flying Circus to the tanks add-on.

IL2 BOS section

048w6mK.png

czCIKrC.png

Gtw8kC8.png

5f8Oz7E.png

33XdeTl.png

Last edited:
Hells teeth and I though fallout 4's main game was bad, Far Harbour is just plain knackered 3 CTD's so far just trying to defend the parapet on arrival.

Top Bottom