What's the most proper way to win war in system?

Good day, commanders.

My question is: i saw FDev post saying "Winning Conflict Zone objectives is the most obvious way to help win a war/civil war, along with combat missions, combat bonds, bounty hunting and violent crimes".

But can you clarify me: what is the easiest way to get as much points in war as possible?

1. Am i getting this right?
Low cz win = 1 point
Medium cz win = 1 point + 1 for objective mission= 2 points
High cz win = 1 point + 2 points for 2 objectives = 3 points
Faction mission for cz = 1 point
Combat bonds on station = 1 point (1 point for what amount? for 1 mil and 10 mil bonds equally??)
1 combat mission in system = 1 point

2. If fastest way to get war points is to win as much cz as possible, then is it profitable to do medium cz or high cz? In terms of time, mb you can do 20 medium in time for 10 high cz?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure if its quite as simple as points, or at least if the points are the same weight.
I remember FDev stated that the "benefit" of bonds was lower than the winning CZs, but I don't think they clarified if a scenario counted the same as a Low CZ win?
Having said that your table is probably not far off.

Don't forget though that FDev seem to like S-curves. There is a sweet spot to each activity that you do, and after that each victory counts less. So one player winning one CZ is probably worth little, but one player winning a few CZs is worth a reasonable amount, yet one player winning twice as many CZs won't be worth twice as much. The same probably applies for player numbers, and types of points too.

In summary, I believe the idea is so that a reasonable size group of players doing all of these activities in a fairly common distribution would give the best points, and would be likely to beat a single player who puts in more time, or a larger group of players all focused on single activity.

To win a war, all you have to do is do more than your player opposition. In most wars, this will be very low. I would not worry too much about breaking down your activities into exact points, since you would also have to do the same for your enemy's work, which you won't have data for. Combat zones are consistent and offer progress from both the zone itself and the bonds you collect. So I would just go with those, and if you lose a day, do more.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the completion of a CZ is worth more from its intensity, but again I don't worry too much about that. I just do the highest that I can comfortably and efficiently do in my ship - I like Mediums in my Clipper since I can tag along and assist the Spec Ops on my side, whereas I run into ammo trouble and inconsistent side objectives on High.

To win a war, all you have to do is do more than your player opposition. In most wars, this will be very low. I would not worry too much about breaking down your activities into exact points, since you would also have to do the same for your enemy's work, which you won't have data for. Combat zones are consistent and offer progress from both the zone itself and the bonds you collect. So I would just go with those, and if you lose a day, do more.
Well, your words make sense, but how to clarify more deep mechanic?
For example, additional objectives in medium and high cz, will their completing affect overall impact from this cz, or is it just addition of pure credits/bonds.
Next, what is the diffrence in terms of impact from completing medium and high cz? If for example, high cz has 33% more impact on war than medium, thats one thing, and if its say just has a stronger ships so you'll have more credits/bonds by killing them- completely different thing, in that case easier to spam medium czs.

Additional objectives may give progress, or they may not. I'm not aware of any conclusive testing on this, it's hard to do so with the current system. I go for them if it's convienient, otherwise I save my ammo and try to clear the CZ quicker.

Again, no concrete numbers on the relationship between High/Med/Low. I don't think the difficulty of ships changes, only the quantity you need to kill. So go with whichever is most efficient for you. I would guess that it works out fairly equally in the long run, as you can complete more Lows or Mediums in a given timeframe than Highs. It really just depends on what your ship is most geared towards. If I'm in a wing, I'll go High for example. Otherwise, I can easily solo Mediums.

An objective will win a day all on its own, so they count, but are probably the lowest score of all the levers except a tiny bond or bounty.

Research is not complete on the subject but we've seen some evidence to suggest that each action type has a certain point value and that it's a straight ing contest to get as many points as possible each day. It isn't subject to the more complicated way influence gains are determined (as far as it seems to us).

We think that about 1.6 million bonds or bounties beat 1 CZ completion, and that 2 objectives is about equal to 1 CZ. Scenarios count (possibly as much as an objective). I'm not sure how much combat missions count for... Possibly 12-64+ equal 1 CZ? Murder at a similar rate?

I'd like to test it but am just too busy at the moment. Testing requires fighting for both sides in a war you don't care about in time consuming ways.

I don't know the exact intensity weight (may be it's correct, but may be there's higher accounting for low/med/hight at base level i.e. not considering the objectives) anyway what I am pretty much sure of is that the victory points are multiplied by the CMDRs in the same instance. So a wing of 4, gets x4 points.

Current thinking is that all CZ completions are equal, 1 Low = 1 med = 1 high = 1 ground. What changes is what else is there in a more intense CZ- more bonds and objectives are available.

As far as we can tell 1 CZ completion is not multiplied by having more commanders in a wing.

Haven't done any deep testing myself, but experience suggests to me that the amount of CMDRs in a CZ does not change the impact of winning/losing that CZ. The only bonus to going in in a wing is multiplying your combat bonds and mission kills, as well as overall faster completion.

1. Am i getting this right?
Low cz win = 1 point
Medium cz win = 1 point + 1 for objective mission= 2 points
High cz win = 1 point + 2 points for 2 objectives = 3 points
Faction mission for cz = 1 point
Combat bonds on station = 1 point (1 point for what amount? for 1 mil and 10 mil bonds equally??)
1 combat mission in system = 1 point

Combat missions weigh very low. Any combat zone win would outdo several missions.
Regarding cz intensity, you may be right. Or it may be 1, 1.5 and 2 points for low, medium and high intensity. Or 1, 1.2, 1.4. Who knows. Everyone is too lazy to test.
And what objective are you talking about? High intensity czs have never provided any additional objective. There is always only one real objective - kill everyone until you win.

what?

in space high CZ have all objectives besides winning the CZ itself, for exampel kill spec ops, defend friendly captain etc
This 👆

Never seen that.

Well, play some space CZ.
Low have no objectives besides wining the CZ
Medium have usually one objective, more often than not that objective being SpecOps
High usually have 2+ other objectives besides winning (SpecOps, Captain, Correspondents, Capital Ship)

Never seen that.
Top right corner of screen in ship cockpit...
Screenshot_20211127_135202.png

Screenshot_20211127_135519.png

Screenshot_20211127_135219.png
Screenshot_20211127_140341.png

are ground CZ's equal to the space ones?
which one would be worth more to do, if i would want to speed up process of ending Civil War?

cz completions > bonds > bounties > assassination missions > massacre missions: at least in terms of time it seems

CGs - ground missions generate more bonds. Unsure as to the balance between ground and space in terms of time investment over influence.

are ground CZ's equal to the space ones?
which one would be worth more to do, if i would want to speed up process of ending Civil War?
Ground High CZ when G5 equip are way faster than space... Ground High CZ only take 9-12 mins depending on AI compliance and that will be around ~13 million in combat bonds... Capturing zones lower the ticket counter and can be done by AI with out the humans helping at all...
The AI in space will never kill a captain or route a capital ship without human help... Spec ops will be killed by AI it will just take a very very long time...
With the new Combat SRV due it could tip the balance even more for the ground CZ meta to win assets in systems...

Last edited:
Top Bottom