What's the point in an issue tracker if the Devs won't look at it?

They'll do some kind of release in July/August, I presume and until then the bugs will stay. Always been like that. They do a release, fix old bugs, put new ones in, fix any show stoppers and what else fits in the schedule, then collect bug fixes until the next release.

Deleted member 38366

D
Bug-Reporting has become "Community Goals" now ;)

If you can't get public support to not only Confirm but also Upvote your specific Bug, you might as well leave it be.
No harm done, as there's unfixed bugs around who are now older than most Player Accounts xD

In a sense, you should do the following :
  • Create a Squadron in the Groups/Squadrons/Factions SubForum ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/elite-dangerous-groups-squadrons-factions/ )
  • accumulate plenty of Members who run highly unsafe Browsers or (ugh) are for some reason still running Java Runtime Environments on their Systems (requirement for the Issue Tracker)
  • Squadron goal : locate and kill Bugs (non-Thargoid related ;) )
  • identify, report, confirm and upvote Bugs

If successful, your "Meta Squadron" might become one of the most highly sought-after Squadrons in the Game ;)

If you can't get public support to not only Confirm but also Upvote your specific Bug, you might as well leave it be.
While doing any actual management of the public tracker contents doesn't seem to be a priority for them, bugs do get fixed without needing to be confirmed (some of them even get marked as fixed, too!).

I'm a lot less worried about the bug tracker since discovering that, because the confirmation mechanism is indeed very poorly balanced.

Deleted member 38366

D
While doing any actual management of the public tracker contents doesn't seem to be a priority for them, bugs do get fixed without needing to be confirmed (some of them even get marked as fixed, too!).

I'm a lot less worried about the bug tracker since discovering that, because the confirmation mechanism is indeed very poorly balanced.

Except reportedly such mentioned Bug Reports also can get marked "fixed" without even being addressed.
Players had to re-submit the unfixed-but-marked-fixed bugs, only to see them being marked "fixed" again.

The only reason I'm not worried is because I (like many others) have long stopped wasting my time reporting bugs.
Out of my head I can recall multiple ones that were submitted not once but multiple times over a longer time - and they're still alive & kicking. The oldest ones now being as old as the V1.0 Release itself.

So yeah, a few ones get fixed, while new ones get added with each update.

PS.
We should be at .04 or even .05 by now - but thanks to ongoing maintenance mode, even bugs get a free life extension these days.
As described, a few bugs apparently are even Lifetime Extension Pass holders xD

Bug-Reporting has become "Community Goals" now ;)

No harm done, as there's unfixed bugs around who are now older than most Player Accounts xD

In a sense, you should do the following :
  • Create a Squadron in the Groups/Squadrons/Factions SubForum ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/elite-dangerous-groups-squadrons-factions/ )
  • accumulate plenty of Members who run highly unsafe Browsers or (ugh) are for some reason still running Java Runtime Environments on their Systems (requirement for the Issue Tracker)
  • Squadron goal : locate and kill Bugs (non-Thargoid related ;) )
  • identify, report, confirm and upvote Bugs
If successful, your "Meta Squadron" might become one of the most highly sought-after Squadrons in the Game ;)

It is terrible.
I imagine frontier laughing at us struggling with issues and cheaters and all the issues we/some have. Of course it isn't like that, but I feel so helpless and ignored, as in school when teachers just didn't listen to us (as I wrote in another thread a few minutes ago). I have to calm down ignore the forum and maybe just play the game. Currently I can't.

It's horrible.
I'm a gamer since the late seventies but I can't remember ever seeing such neglect of fixing bugs in a game.
Of course in the old days there wasn't such thing as internet so getting patches was impossible but since online gaming is a thing I realy can't recall any of the games I've played being so ignored when it comes to bugs fixing.
Patches are extremely rare and the number of bugs that do get attention is low while each new content update introduces a whole new bouquet of bugs.

DDastardly00

D
Where is the issue tracker located now? I don't see it in the forums and the weirdest thing happened to me last night that has ever happened in my 1700 hours playing ED.

Image result for ghost ship scooby doo

I was a certified Ghost ship last night and almost died because of it, never seen this bug anywhere.

I was in a conflict zone fighting a war in my Corvette when I noticed my shields started rapidly dropping. I thought that is weird, I'm only fighting one ship and he is running from me. I broke off and went out to the edge of the Zone, no ships were within proximity at that point but one glance at my ship's dash told me my shields were taking massive damage even though no one was shooting me.

That's when my wingman asked me what I was doing just sitting their with my hardpoints retracted, not moving, getting shot up by half the AI ships in the CZ. At that point I looked and saw that his ship was 14km away from me but he insisted, "No, you are right next to me getting trounced, I'm looking at your ship". I told him, no way that's possible. Then I told him I'm taking shield damage, but no one is anywhere near me or even shooting at me.

-So basically, I had a ghost ship version of myself in the same CZ I was in, confirmed by my wingman.

- It was 14 km away from where my actual ship was located.

- my real ship was taking real damage as a result of my ghost ship getting shot at 14km away.

At this point I tried to jump out but my shields were already gone and halfway through my FSD charge, it became disabled, the thrusters were next, once those became disabled, you bet I logged, because screw that, I'm not going to lose a ship due to a cheating AI /glitch, and I'm certainly not paying a 40 million rebuy for losing a ship that isn't being actually shot at by anyone. Maybe I flew into the twilight zone/ Bermuda Triangle?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

For a time I took the new Issue Tracker serious, and thought that it was a step in the right direction. Until they implemented it...

As it is now, it is obviously an effort of a few people, who do care, but have not enough resources to do it well. It is not bad, but has a lot of serious disadvantages. There are the duplicates, which are owed to a missing category system. There are categories, but they are much too generic, and ignored anyway. The search function is not very intelligent, it is just simply done with a data base search query, which is not enough, there needs to be a scripted more intelligent search function.

Another serious disadvantage is the lack of replies from QA. They did reply on the old bug report forums, not too often but at least they did reply. Even more useful were the player replies on the old bug report forums, which did clear up a lot of mistakes, and 'non bugs', and things which should not be reported as a bug but rather directed to support.

If you have the time, just read the issues in the tracker. Start from the last page, since the are ordered from oldest to newest, which also is not optimal. See how many issues are not issues but either user errors or things that went wrong and should be directed to support. I don't know if they do this, and you cannot really give hints to the players, because you never know if the player reads his own report after posting it, and the 'confirmations', which are the only possibility to give a hint. Which is a pity, because there are seriously disappointed players, who just need a hint and maybe help from support to be satisfied again, because they made an error, which is well known to most of us.

Add this to the missing bug fixes, and it is clear, that they just are not interested to fix bugs, or unable to do so, because the game engine is unable to do some things. In the meantime I suspect the game engine, I think while the entire Star Forge and the basic flight modes work exceedingly well the rest of the game looks a bit 'tacked on'. The core engine seems to have not enough support for Missions, Quests and NPCs. And maybe this is the real reason they had to postpone the next big update, because what they intend to do will not work with this engine version. But this is only speculation...

Top Bottom