Whats with the CG?

I thought delivering 33 cargo at a time was stupid but they had to nerf that??!
I used to pick up 15 ish gin 15ish beef. 1pickup, no 10min waiting which is a bigger time waster.

Bast gin is limit of 2 and beef is 11. This a joke? How the Frakk were we supposed to do the goals carrying limits like this?
I leave SOLbubble for 2 days and things go to pot.

Last edited:
They didn't nerf it. The systems dropped out of boom state, so the allocations changed. Unfortunate, but that's just the workings of the BGS.

Rare goods... I wonder why they're called that?
Some bright spark always comes up with this response to defend the awful implementation of rare goods spawn rates.

If what defines them as "rare" is the availability, then none of them are rare at all, since when 10,000 CMDRs turn up in a week the station can suddenly find a million tonnes of the goods.

What makes them "rare" is only being sourced from one location.

Some bright spark always comes up with this response to defend the awful implementation of rare goods spawn rates.

If what defines them as "rare" is the availability, then none of them are rare at all, since when 10,000 CMDRs turn up in a week the station can suddenly find a million tonnes of the goods.

What makes them "rare" is only being sourced from one location.

Next you'll be telling me ED isn't named because it's ... dangerous :)

I'm not defending the CG; I'm sure it's frustrating and personally I decided not to do it. There's really no point complaining about rare things being available only in small quantities though.

Last edited:
i figured it was because the supply has dwindled from a bunch of commanders buying it for the CG, and that it will likely regenerate once the demand has gone down.

i figured it was because the supply has dwindled from a bunch of commanders buying it for the CG, and that it will likely regenerate once the demand has gone down.
Yeah, nah. I've been the first player to purchase a few of the rare goods, and there was no such thing as a glut in supply because noone ever purchased any. Same as the supply doesn't ever get depleted when too many CMDRs turn up.

I'm sure it's frustrating and personally I decided not to do it.
That is pretty much the community as a whole's response to rare goods, which is disappointing.

There's really no point complaining about rare things being available only in small quantities though.
Fair enough. But small amounts of a rare item isn't really the problem. It's the piddling allocations that dribble in at 2 per 10 minutes that is a problem. Waiting isn't any form of gameplay. It would be different if there was some method of influencing the amount you could buy. There are plenty of things that could be done to make the purchase of rare goods more involved - your reputation with the faction, doing favors, bribery, extortion.

Yeah, nah. I've been the first player to purchase a few of the rare goods, and there was no such thing as a glut in supply because noone ever purchased any. Same as the supply doesn't ever get depleted when too many CMDRs turn up.

That is pretty much the community as a whole's response to rare goods, which is disappointing.

Fair enough. But small amounts of a rare item isn't really the problem. It's the piddling allocations that dribble in at 2 per 10 minutes that is a problem. Waiting isn't any form of gameplay. It would be different if there was some method of influencing the amount you could buy. There are plenty of things that could be done to make the purchase of rare goods more involved - your reputation with the faction, doing favors, bribery, extortion.

'Influencing the amount'
Nailed it.
I suspect that for the majority of players, rares just aren't that attractive at the moment.:(

In a live stream, I asked the Devs why any state other than boom destroys rare goods trading. The answer was they thought it was dynamic and exciting.

So we want a way to influence the amount of rare goods available? There it is. Get the provider into boom state! Maybe not easy for a single player, but during a CG it should be possible to find enough people with a common interest.

But small amounts of a rare item isn't really the problem. It's the piddling allocations that dribble in at 2 per 10 minutes that is a problem. Waiting isn't any form of gameplay. It would be different if there was some method of influencing the amount you could buy. There are plenty of things that could be done to make the purchase of rare goods more involved - your reputation with the faction, doing favors, bribery, extortion.

This, all points in there.

+1

And why stop the sell price rise at ~140 LY? Keep it going at the same rate. Those poor hillbillies at Colonia would so much like some Kamitra Cigars :)

In a live stream, I asked the Devs why any state other than boom destroys rare goods trading. The answer was they thought it was dynamic and exciting.

This response, in a nutshell, is the largest problem with Elite Dangerous. The developers either aren't aware how their game actually plays live, or they are incredibly disillusioned as to the value of the content they produce.

The rare goods are rare so their suppliers allot them to each buyer. This is stupid in Terms of gameplay, that has been said thoroughly throughout this thread. But this is also stupid within the Simulation of a free market, where the allocation should go to the highest bidder. Or, as it has been suggested here, the best ally.

Rare:

(of a thing) not found in large numbers and so of interest or value.

If you could get a lot of it it wouldn't be rare at all, considering that you are dealing in tonnes even 15 tonnes of a rare item is a lot of it.

You could also help the faction get back into a boom state to up their production of their "rare" item, but hey, nobody is going to put that much effort in, it isn't fun...

Top Bottom