What's your personal challenge?

My rules are simple, I don't kill, carry weapons or play in open, period.
That's actually really impressive; I could never do that. The screams of the innocent and helpless for justice compel me to fight.

My personal challenge? Engineer a perfect ship. I'm a perfectionist so I doubt it will ever happen. I did work out the numbers for max resistances in all categories for my Mamba shields, getting close to finishing the engineering for that. But then there's the weapons, drives, etc. etc.

Always a work in progress.

Anyone can hit Triple Elite if they want to - while it's tedious, it's not particularly hard.

I first hit Elite in Trade purely by accident. I tried VO mining, enjoyed it and brought in a few billion and wham - Elite!
Cool. (Blows on knuckles and rubs them on my shoulder.) ;)

I decided to point my nose at the wider galaxy and set off in my wee li'l DBX Big Bad Nasty Warship and had a glorious few weeks jumping and scanning my way to Elite Explorer. I'm quite proud to say there are a few ETW's with my name in the Codex now. :)

Combat Elite is arguably the toughest, or at least the grindiest, but I'm well on my way.

To make it more fun, many of us have personal challenges - restrictions, private rules, et cetera - that make one's personal game more enjoyable. I'd like to share them here, if anyone wants.

My personal challenge is decidedly minor, but I like it. I used to fly commercially in real life (fixed wing and helicopter) so I command my ships like I would a real-life aircraft: precise and strict procedures around Class D Space (stations), systems not used powered down, precise use of checklists, etc.
I don't always, and when I don't I run into trouble - such as a recent death when I ran out of fuel when I took a real-life break while the game was running. (Though it can be argued that I was in fact following my procedures by working to avoid contact with pirates...)

What personal challenges do you employ in your personal game?

Cheers!
I smuggle high paying criminal passengers and illegal rares into Federal and Imperial control stations, while I eliminate PP targets for merits.

Krait Phantom, FAS or Python all stealth builds no shields.

I deliberately keep myself almost broke so I only have enough for one rebuy for whatever I'm flying at the moment. The rest in my ships.

1) Design the perfect control scheme for my X-56 HOTAS
2) Kill an Elite Anaconda with my Asp (pie in the sky, never gonna happen but - HEY a guy can dream can't he)
3) Achieve Elite in Combat (see parenthetical in 2)
4) Survive more than 5 minutes in a High Intensity Combat Zone (see parenthetical in 2)
5) Find a super weapon and destroy SOL! No really! The galaxy is a big place and some where there's got to be a dead civ artifact that "can doooo eeet!"
6) Become an enemy of each Super Power (I've done this in a number of systems and made each and every faction there hostile - kind'a cool - wears ya down though after a while).
7) and last but not least... Travel the starlanes that don't exist to stars that never were

And with that I bid you all - adieu!

First CMDR and after noticed that I just suck at any kind of combat, even against small ships, I want to reach a pacifist challenge and become elite in Trading and Exploring WITHOUT any kind of mining. I haven't played that much because I had to cut a lot of game time since march (I started playing in late December), but I've managed to reach Tycoon and Ranger.

After that, maybe I will teach myself to fly with assist off.

Anyone can hit Triple Elite if they want to - while it's tedious, it's not particularly hard.

I first hit Elite in Trade purely by accident. I tried VO mining, enjoyed it and brought in a few billion and wham - Elite!
Cool. (Blows on knuckles and rubs them on my shoulder.) ;)

I decided to point my nose at the wider galaxy and set off in my wee li'l DBX Big Bad Nasty Warship and had a glorious few weeks jumping and scanning my way to Elite Explorer. I'm quite proud to say there are a few ETW's with my name in the Codex now. :)

Combat Elite is arguably the toughest, or at least the grindiest, but I'm well on my way.

To make it more fun, many of us have personal challenges - restrictions, private rules, et cetera - that make one's personal game more enjoyable. I'd like to share them here, if anyone wants.

My personal challenge is decidedly minor, but I like it. I used to fly commercially in real life (fixed wing and helicopter) so I command my ships like I would a real-life aircraft: precise and strict procedures around Class D Space (stations), systems not used powered down, precise use of checklists, etc.
I don't always, and when I don't I run into trouble - such as a recent death when I ran out of fuel when I took a real-life break while the game was running. (Though it can be argued that I was in fact following my procedures by working to avoid contact with pirates...)

What personal challenges do you employ in your personal game?

Cheers!
Going to Elite in combat may not be what you think. At one time commanders were asking the developers to downgrade their combat rank. The NPC's are geared toward your combat status + next level. You have never seen an NPC nightmare until you hit Elite (or level before it). They are basically indestructible. Now if you have achieved Elite through P&P they may not be a problem for you but a lot of commanders were hitting Elite by killing dumb NPCs in conflict zones. Just saying. Be careful out there. o7

Profit.

As simple as that. More credits at the close of play; than I started with.

It is my belief, that this was the original concept of the 84 game.
Starting to think I might also have this goal.

Had to grab 10 painite to unlock a particular engineer, and figured, hey, why not just bring out the T9 and do a whole load. Took a look at Painite prices and then realized a single load today would double my current bank balance. Maybe I'll do this just a few more times just to ensure I have the funds if fleet carriers are somehow available for lone wolf commanders to purchase. So, yeah, profit has kind of been my on-again, off-again overarching goal.

Rebuild the Ollo crew, enhance its strength, then strike the Dove Enigma to finish what one of our brethren started, strike the Fuel Rats' home system for revenge, strike the interstellar initiative systems to protest FDev's god-moding, and strike the high-paying void opal systems to finish what I started when I decided to UA bomb money-making systems back in the day.

Top Bottom