When and what is the tick?

It’s sure not triggered by the players. Otherwise it would switch back and forth between when Jane Turner gets home from work and when Mangal Oemie gets home from work.

Hey maybe we could have a forum vote and a CG to pick a new tick time?

I vote for 12:00 Galactic Mean Time, which by a happy coincidence is UTC. Go figure.

If they asked players when the tick should be, I'd go for a 25 hour tick, so it rotates across timezones. Fair for all players.
Well considering that there's basically no way to know how much people did contribute during the 24 hours it is already fair... Maybe not very handy, but fair nontheless.

There was a change/tick right after the update yesterday.
I expect the tick to be somewhere between 16:00 - 19:30 UTC.

Seeing as the tick yesterday after the update was a partial tick where INF was changed but in systems that I work in, no states that should have changed did change.
Then as I hoped, after the Powerplay Maintenance shutdown it seems that the tick did complete itself and several of my systems did have various states changed.
Hopefully this is a one time thing.

its more limited or rather dependent on what methods you use, system population size and opposition.
each method except one, supposedly have a 10% max limit

It hasn't been 1/10 since 2.2. It is more akin to 1/6 to 1/7 of non-conflict locked % you can influence. After too many systems complained about massive swings with minor traffic they simply increased the bucket you need to fill in system actions before a full swing is allowed. Before it is the actions done % tage of that 1/6 to 1/7.

An uncontested system with a fresh 9% expansion has 91% to leech if non is conflict locked. In theory 1% per faction is unleechable and maybe needs to be calculated out. Would still imply around 88%. So a pristine growth of over 10% is possible for a new expansion but impossible once you reach high %. Your own % reduces the % you can leech over time.

The method "omitted" above is sabotage. It allows factions to grow up to 20%. Since -% is capped at this point (it hell wasn't in 2.2 thanks to FD's foresight...) that extended leeching is limited and takes quite the crime effort.

You announce yourself to the entire region if you do that for most actions though. The ones that keep your sabotage quiet often are not the most efficient. Either way, bad way to make friends.

It hasn't been 1/10 since 2.2. It is more akin to 1/6 to 1/7 of non-conflict locked % you can influence. After too many systems complained about massive swings with minor traffic they simply increased the bucket you need to fill in system actions before a full swing is allowed. Before it is the actions done % tage of that 1/6 to 1/7.

An uncontested system with a fresh 9% expansion has 91% to leech if non is conflict locked. In theory 1% per faction is unleechable and maybe needs to be calculated out. Would still imply around 88%. So a pristine growth of over 10% is possible for a new expansion but impossible once you reach high %. Your own % reduces the % you can leech over time.

The method "omitted" above is sabotage. It allows factions to grow up to 20%. Since -% is capped at this point (it hell wasn't in 2.2 thanks to FD's foresight...) that extended leeching is limited and takes quite the crime effort.

You announce yourself to the entire region if you do that for most actions though. The ones that keep your sabotage quiet often are not the most efficient. Either way, bad way to make friends.

I've also made the ex0erience, that there is somehow a "per cmdr cap"
I had recently a very long session of about 18 hours, done hundreds of missions and such stuff in 8 systems and the % we gained was surprisingly low. The other day i've did 5 missions in 2 systems each and the % was much higher than before.
So i guess there is a "cmdr-total" on influence which can be done and this max is reached fast. After reaching the max it gets only spread down to the systems where you've taken action and therefore each new system you go active reduces your influence rewards in the previous systems.

I've also made the ex0erience, that there is somehow a "per cmdr cap"
I had recently a very long session of about 18 hours, done hundreds of missions and such stuff in 8 systems and the % we gained was surprisingly low. The other day i've did 5 missions in 2 systems each and the % was much higher than before.
So i guess there is a "cmdr-total" on influence which can be done and this max is reached fast. After reaching the max it gets only spread down to the systems where you've taken action and therefore each new system you go active reduces your influence rewards in the previous systems.
Isn't it all just S-curves?

Top Bottom