When and what is the tick?

I know we are not allowed to complain about the timing of the tick, but over an hour to process (instead of the old 15 mins) is just a huge dump in playing time.

Lots of expansions today, and quite a few retreats still completing. Lots of non parallel maths to do I guess, these are not normal times.

Is tick time in the morning now?
I logged in to do a quickie in combat zone for my company, was supposed to be a last day to push the bar towards total victory and what do I see - it is already over. It was 9.15 UTC (11.15 CET) when I logged in. Usuakly tick was between 14.00-15.00. Has it changed?

Is tick time in the morning now?
I logged in to do a quickie in combat zone for my company, was supposed to be a last day to push the bar towards total victory and what do I see - it is already over. It was 9.15 UTC (11.15 CET) when I logged in. Usuakly tick was between 14.00-15.00. Has it changed?

Yes it changed with the carrier patch to mid-morning. Your entire war would have been with the tick where it is now.

Just checked in game & at time of writing it doesn't seem to have happened yet. Could be another long one that's progressing, lots of expansions to process today I think.

Last edited:

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
we picked a tick c 10:15
1593713412477.png

But there was some odd business around 4am too

I am a bit confused about this too. A system that I'm mucking about in has (for the 2nd time recently) not shown ANY change in the INF of its factions while another (larger) one has progressed as if there was indeed a tick.
The system that experienced no change is a tiny-population, largely unvisited (0-5 ships) system that seems to be very easy to manipulate.
The
reports today's tick (Sunday) to have occurred at 09.25 UTC.

How is it that this little system appears to tick every other day or ignore a tick here and there?

Obvious questions first:
  • are you actually doing anything in the system? With that low traffic it's possible that nothing is actually happening to change influence.
  • is the controlling faction currently in a conflict? With that low traffic it's possible that there's no transactions for other factions.
  • are you checking influence levels in-game? With that low traffic EDDN updates to things like elitebgs.app will be sparse and unlikely daily.

Yep nothing has changed today in any of the systems our IPX faction monitors, also elitebgs.app shows no tick as well

CMDR Keelerad/BuzzLiteYear63/TripTcker63

Last edited:
Obvious questions first:
  • are you actually doing anything in the system? With that low traffic it's possible that nothing is actually happening to change influence.
  • is the controlling faction currently in a conflict? With that low traffic it's possible that there's no transactions for other factions.
  • are you checking influence levels in-game? With that low traffic EDDN updates to things like elitebgs.app will be sparse and unlikely daily.
Apologies for not getting back sooner. I believe that the problem is indeed the very low traffic in the system. This - as you pointed out - means that 3rd-party sites won't be updated until someone (who chooses to report to one of them) visits the system.
Another lesson learned!

Top Bottom