When do famines create Distribution Centres?

Now we have the new Blight state it's created a few Famines (e.g. Arque), but none seem to have caused the distribution centres that people crave. Can anyone remember - was it previously just the controlling faction that would cause the centres? I thought for most states the related poi were caused if any faction was in it, but it's been so long...

It seemed random iirc.

As a corollary... sometimes war states didn't generate czs. FD needed to do work to prevent that... so maybe that happens with dist centers too

Now we have the new Blight state it's created a few Famines (e.g. Arque), but none seem to have caused the distribution centres that people crave. Can anyone remember - was it previously just the controlling faction that would cause the centres? I thought for most states the related poi were caused if any faction was in it, but it's been so long...
I would guess controlling faction only - same as the Outbreak ones and the Pirate Activity for Civil Unrest / Lockdown.

Thanks both - I guess we'll find out in the next few days :) Orrere has a Famine due to kick in today on a non-controlling faction with a base, and Lei Zi will probably be the first to have a controlling-faction-famine in a few days - will keep an eye out for where the DCs appear.

No DC in Orrere today after the tick (one planetary settlement owned by a Famine faction). The Controlling Faction in Lei Zi has a pending famine for tomorrow so maybe that will do the trick (or else it's just RNG, but there are now quite a few factions in Famine without DC AFAIK).

HIP 75132 has a controlling faction Famine - no DCs. So it's not as simple as 'controlling faction Famines get DCs'. The population is very low though, hopefully the 59+ famines that are scheduled will give more interesting data points.

Also - first time I spotted a Threat 5 Distress Call, though I don't usually pay them much attention, so may well be nothing :)

Edit: Spoke too soon - not sure how I missed this... (maybe they don't show even after a Nav scan unless within 1000ls?)

HIP 75132 has a controlling faction Famine - no DCs. So it's not as simple as 'controlling faction Famines get DCs'. The population is very low though, hopefully the 59+ famines that are scheduled will give more interesting data points.

Also - first time I spotted a Threat 5 Distress Call, though I don't usually pay them much attention, so may well be nothing :)

View attachment 149600

Edit: Spoke too soon - not sure how I missed this... (maybe they don't show even after a Nav scan unless within 1000ls?)

View attachment 149601
The 'even after a Nav scan' sounds right.

Hmm, now I'm more confused - went back on a different CMDR and accidentally resolved planets 1 & 3 in the FSS (the DC is around 2). At some point the FSS must have resolved the DC even though I haven't identified planet 2 and it's still < 1k ls away.

Edit: Maybe it resolves on the initial honk .. time to move in CMDR 3....

Well, the tick should be happening around now, so Lei Zi and Baijungu should both get controlling faction famines - and probably others. Will check later.

Top Bottom