When is Phase 2?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
we were told it's likely today which we will see phase 2 updates rolling out, I'm guessing that's not the case now then...some news no matter what would be good right now!

All quiet on the Fdev front right now. I wonder whats going on considering phase 2 is suspected to be hours away. You could be forgiven for thinking, considering Fdevs silence, that its still months away.

All quiet on the Fdev front right now. I wonder whats going on considering phase 2 is suspected to be hours away. You could be forgiven for thinking, considering Fdevs silence, that its still months away.

Communication silence from Frontier is quite common.

Do you think that 150k LY is going to get any faster in your own ship?
s/LY/LS/

No, but with a 20 LY bubble available in phase 2 I'm sure we can migrate to smaller systems without the insanely long travel times.

And phase 4 will have our fleet carriers copied in from the main game when yes, it will be faster in our own ships... Though by that point we will have even less reason to bother with that particular system.

You would think so yes but Frontier still uses is 1980's era communication strategy.
There is no news because in the Elite universe data needs to be couriered between systems (that's what all those data courier missions are for) - someone would need to travel to Sol and pick up their mission to deliver news to the alpha testing system, only because no one can access Sol in the alpha phase 1, no one can pick up the news.

There is no news because in the Elite universe data needs to be couriered between systems (that's what all those data courier missions are for) - someone would need to travel to Sol and pick up their mission to deliver news to the alpha testing system, only because no one can access Sol in the alpha phase 1, no one can pick up the news.

Weird, because galnet works instantly while i'm at the Bovomit sector. As well as all of the powerplay updates etc.

Weird, because galnet works instantly while i'm at the Bovomit sector. As well as all of the powerplay updates etc.
Oh yeah, Galnet has always been a huge violation of the lore. You can sort of half justify it if you're in the Bubble on the theory that NPCs will courier the latest news all over the Bubble pretty quickly given how popular it is and each system could have their own broadcast stations that deliver it to your ship even if you aren't docked anywhere, but that explanation doesn't make any sense at all when you're out in the black.

And of course there was the whole Galaxy wide firmware update for the new exploration features a few years back.

Last edited:
unless, of course, you have a traffic violation, or cross an arbitrary red line set up by a mindless drone guarding a canister on some backwater world. Then the entire universe, the DC universe, and the Marvel Universe all know about it instantly and come for your head.

You would think so yes but Frontier still uses is 1980's era communication strategy.
at least they communicated in the 80s'. FDev has always been tight lip, misleading and lazy.
I am no longer surprised when they say one thing, then nothing happens, then nobody hears anything for awhile, and then out of nowhere, something happens.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom