When is Phase 2?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is just FDev to a tee. They're always radio silence until right before something happens. It's extremely frustrating but it's nothing new or unusual.

This is just FDev to a tee. They're always radio silence until right before something happens. It's extremely frustrating but it's nothing new or unusual.
They announced in their live stream that they are aiming for 11am GMT Thursday 04/08/21. Not radio silence, just using a different outlet to tell us information. Sure its frustrating but plenty of devs do it.

You don't hire a community of software testers to stress test your servers when you have a community that is "willing" to pay to test it.

Unless, of course, Frontier busted down your front door, held a shotgun to your head, and forced you to cough up. You knew EXACTLY what you were paying for and why you were paying for it, and you chose to read it or ignore it.

My guess is that most of the whine comes from people who haven't even read the first post on this forum!
Not exactly; there are companies that build their whole business around large scale testing. Those companies supply hardware and manpower to do exactly this; and of course; they cost money. Frontier like many other companies; prefer to cut costs; employing users; and not for free of course; you have to pay to have the privilege to actually test things around.

So in short; yes; you are all allowed to complain as much as you want; because nobody gave you anything for free; you paid for it; and if you do not like it; you have all the rights to point that out and make it clear.
I am still astounded at the messages that complain about other people complaining... In some cases the complains are unjustified, because they are unrealistic or simply denote lack of knowledge about the product; but in most cases, I don't see a problem in expressing an opinion. If Frontier put the alpha out , is also to get feedback; no matter how early the product is. Nobody ignored anything; it is a right to express an opinion when you pay for something.

And yes, nobody force you to buy anything, anyone purchased in the alpha out of their own will; but again, that does not exclude the right to express an opinion. It is not that hard, if someone complain, avoid to put on the shiny armor and feel like you need to defend Frontier or the honor of the software developers all over the world; because that is not only pretentious (and this is coming from a software engineering manager, that has been doing this job for decades), but also a tad annoying.

Remember all, the stream said 11 AM today was a tentative time. Not guaranteed. It might not even be today which I'm doubting it is, as their has been no news.

1617874941643.png

Nobody expects the ED CM Team! Our chief weapon is surprise, surprise and fear, fear and surprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise, and ruthless efficiency. Our three weapons are fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical dedication to not posting news until the last minute.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom