when squadrons appear will be on the run from thargoids

I've been thinking, if thargoids continue into bubble and start destroying stations all over the place. We may have to go on the run

will the new squadron ships mean we have a mobile home.

battlestar galactica style, we continue to run away from them while we seek a new home

what do you think. Will we

Not likely. We [probably] outnumber the Thargoids.

Plus we can strategize around their regular Thursday attacks. Lol

I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to travel all the way to the Pleiades to interact with some Thargoid aftermath. Gettin' there, FD. Just a few 100ly to go.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I think it's still a bit early to call it a rout of humanity from the bubble. Populated homeworlds haven't been devastated yet and the aegis weapons have proven effective. The naval fleets of the major powers haven't been staged or organized well yet against the thargoid threat. Defensive lines and campaigns are probably yet still to come. (although nostalgic feels)

MV5BNTg1MTA4NTEtNjI0NS00OWJhLTk5MjItNmM3ZTUwMWM0ZGY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYyMTcxMw@@._V1_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsXSwZB7H8&list=RDX_IPvMn_vyY&index=2

Last edited:
Not likely. We [probably] outnumber the Thargoids.

Plus we can strategize around their regular Thursday attacks. Lol

I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to travel all the way to the Pleiades to interact with some Thargoid aftermath. Gettin' there, FD. Just a few 100ly to go.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Bhal and Nauni got hit today. They are about 170Ly from Sol. That puts them inside the bubble by my reckoning, and right on time for 3.0.

I guess that Thursday 1 March 3304 will go down in history as T-Day?

Well, a few of us in our wing have been actively hunting Thargoids near Maia and refining our tactics.

We've killed over 30 class 5's in wings of two to three and started to consistently kill them solo as well and closing in on nearly 50 kills total.

This is being done in heavy hulled and shielded ships, Corvettes seem to work best.

If you don't have heavies, running may be your option. There will be plenty of places to go for now.

Eventually, we will need to take a stand, I predict the Battle for Sol will be the big encounter.

Winter is very near the front door.

I've become a bit out of date with the latest AX weapons.

Last I checked with had dumbfires and multicannons... Both fixed, with very limited ammo, so I was basically useless. Spent more time reloading than actually doing any damage.

Need some Engineering work on them, plus some damn tracking.
My gamepad isn't exactly good for precise aiming... :D

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I'd imagine the moment they start interfering with player profits in a sizable amount, they will be hunted to near extinction. Now, if this actually has any effect on the story of them advancing remains to be seen, but things that get between a player and their money/exp/whatever grind tend to die in massive numbers, across nearly every game, even if said thing is supposed to be invincible. Players find a way.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the moment they start interfering with player profits in a sizable amount, they will be hunted to near extinction. Now, if this actually has any effect on the story of them advancing remains to be seen, but things that get between a player and their money/exp/whatever grind tend to die in massive numbers, across nearly every game, even if said thing is supposed to be invincible. Players find a way.

I hope so. I hope that FDev are brave enough to make the Thargoids a gaming changing threat, and that it creates an evolving war, with a unique history, highpoints and lowpoints. But, some player groups are inevitably going to lose stations if this happens.

I guess you know, but anyway: There are currently no engineering mods for AX weapons, and they are available in Fixed and Turreted versions (just no gimbals). I don't now if there will be any changes to this in 3.0.

I'm hoping gimballed and engineering comes in 3.0.

I need high capacity mods to make up for my poor aiming…!

Or just weapons that track better....

Mmmm guided AX Packhounds....
*Drools*

I hope we'll get scenarios with 1 Fleet Carrier vs. 1 Thargoid capital ship and lots of smaller ships on both sides. Also epic Squadron battles with 1 Fleet Carrier vs. 1 Fleet Carrier.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
IMHO the big unknown variable is :

Story so far has always been on concrete railroad tracks.
So... where are we headed anyway? It's not up to us and for all we know we have no impact on the major/main storyline developing. We just ride along like Passengers.

It would be different if we had a Sandbox and everyone knew with absolute certainty that a seeded Threat has evolved, expanded and is now dynamically reacting to (Player) interference.
All by itself, based on its own resources, tactical analysis and ultimate goals. Which would be upto Players to find out - however we lack any tools and alot is still "under construction" in huge permit-locked Sectors anyway. So it doesn't work.

As it stands now : if the bubble is supposed to burn, it will burn.
Players will be semi-passive observers that (currently) can conduct engagements of opportunity for fun or run Station grinds.
Currently, we can only assume we're headed into a "slow motion trainwreck" Situation with increased Thargoid presence and the Pilots Federation soon handing out universal Combat Bonds for any Thargoid taken down.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if it was possible to (try to) stop thargoid attacks in real time. It's kinda silly that they just simply wreck a place without actually physically appearing.

I hope so. I hope that FDev are brave enough to make the Thargoids a gaming changing threat, and that it creates an evolving war, with a unique history, highpoints and lowpoints. But, some player groups are inevitably going to lose stations if this happens.

This is exactly why I don't want the Thargoids to be a gamechanger. I speak as an individual and minority but I as a player am not the slightest bit interested in the Thargoid plotline. I am in fact completely ignoring it as if it were in a different game. I have no problem with other people doing this content and would never for a second demand that FDev remove it but I won't be happy if I'm forced into it. Content should be optional and with all the happenings near Maia it basically was. Members of my group have shown me rescues from burning stations and Thargoid surface structures which I admit were interesting but not enough for me to go poke it myself.

I honestly hope the Thargoids remain optional content because if the absolute worst happened with most the bubble on fire and random hyperinterdictions at every turn then that could quite possibly be the end for me. I do realise too that random hyperinterdictions were a regular thing in the old games but I didn't play those and didn't know they were a thing when I started ED. Basically it's not what I signed up for.

This is exactly why I don't want the Thargoids to be a gamechanger. I speak as an individual and minority but I as a player am not the slightest bit interested in the Thargoid plotline. I am in fact completely ignoring it as if it were in a different game. I have no problem with other people doing this content and would never for a second demand that FDev remove it but I won't be happy if I'm forced into it. Content should be optional and with all the happenings near Maia it basically was. Members of my group have shown me rescues from burning stations and Thargoid surface structures which I admit were interesting but not enough for me to go poke it myself.

I honestly hope the Thargoids remain optional content because if the absolute worst happened with most the bubble on fire and random hyperinterdictions at every turn then that could quite possibly be the end for me. I do realise too that random hyperinterdictions were a regular thing in the old games but I didn't play those and didn't know they were a thing when I started ED. Basically it's not what I signed up for.

People are funny creatures.

I sort of feel the exact opposite. Not saying Thargoids should be taking out noobs in Eravate, but a full scale war should have a small impact on every day life, for anyone in the bubble. Even if it's just a change in supply and demand.

Unfortunately, FD seemingly aren't great at this sort of thing, and the Thargoids will probably just poke around the outside of the bubble, having no meaningful reason to engage them.
Or, it'll be some big misunderstanding, and it'll all be over, like that federation/empire war that never happened that I was so looking forward too. :p

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

like that federation/empire war that never happened that I was so looking forward too

ah now you see that is something I too was really interested in. See I'm not saying I'm against gamechanging content but aliens are just nah for me. Again just my opinion and not trying to change anyone else's so I can see why other players would be deeply against a Fed/Empire war too.

Top Bottom