when we should expect an official announcement about season 3 ?

as title,

i am a little impatient and it seems that Frontier is not very skilled in the relationship with the audience.
so first i am asking to all of you
when do you think it will be the date when FD will decide to reveal something something (very something) about season 3 ?

but this thread is also an opportunity to shout to the developers :

poker-face-png-4.png

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FUTURE FOR THIS GAME ...

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT SEASON 3 !! i am dying of curiousity

Not before June.

Or maybe in June they will announce when they will announce the 3.0 season/expansion :p

Or in June they will announce their third IP, and ED will be kept in the backburner.

PS:btw 2.4 won't be released before fall at the earliest, but probably around Christmas... if their third ip doesn't push it further away.

Last edited:
as title,

i am a little impatient and it seems that Frontier is not very skilled in the relationship with the audience.
so first i am asking to all of you
when do you think it will be the date when FD will decide to reveal something something (very something) about season 3 ?

but this thread is also an opportunity to shout to the developers :

View attachment 117609

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FUTURE FOR THIS GAME ...

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT SEASON 3 !! i am dying of curiousity

It is going to be called.
Made you click..

But seriously I want to get some information as well..

Last edited:
there is some adding 2 and 2 and maybe getting 5 here but

sandro said PS4 would release on parity with PC and xbox in summer with 2.3

he said sometime after all would get 2.4.

so it is a fair bet we are looking at late summer / autumn for 2.4 imo.

IF DLC#2 launches along side 2.4 then this is the earliest we will see DLC#2 and so i would guestimate we would get info on DLC 2 no earlier than July.

however........ my money is on 2.4 being separate from DLC#2... in which case FD wont talk about it untill after 2.4 hasdropped.

in which case i am going to look in my crystal ball and say...

SEPTEMBER! (for info on it)

that is my answer. :)

Last edited:
it seems that Frontier is not very skilled in the relationship with the audience.
It's more a matter of the audience being dumb. There once upon a time used to be talk about works in progress and potential future features, but people got red-hot mad about stuff they divined from between lines, so Frontier stopped doing that.

So now, some time after 2.4.

there is some adding 2 and 2 and maybe getting 5 here but

sandro said PS4 would release on parity with PC and xbox in summer with 2.3

he said sometime after all would get 2.4.

so it is a fair bet we are looking at late summer / autumn for 2.4 imo.

IF DLC#2 launches along side 2.4 then this is the earliest we will see DLC#2 and so i would guestimate we would get info on DLC 2 no earlier than July.

however........ my money is on 2.4 being separate from DLC#2... in which case FD wont talk about it untill after 2.4 hasdropped.

in which case i am going to look in my crystal ball and say...

SEPTEMBER! (for info on it)

that is my answer. :)

i can't survive till september

maybe this game too ?

i can't survive till september

maybe this game too ?

According to copious amounts of people this game died before it released as the developers didn't do the X thing that said person suggested in their "i'm leaving" thread.

And personally I'm expecting something at either Lavecon or around the "end of Q2" area when PS4 release is done and 2.3 is live. I don't expect a full announcement but maybe confirmation of if 2.4 is wrapped up in 3.0 or if it's standalone.

If standalone don't expect any S3 announcements until after 2.4 is released. If joined up I'd expect news towards the end of the year.

According to copious amounts of people this game died before it released as the developers didn't do the X thing that said person suggested in their "i'm leaving" thread.

And personally I'm expecting something at either Lavecon or around the "end of Q2" area when PS4 release is done and 2.3 is live. I don't expect a full announcement but maybe confirmation of if 2.4 is wrapped up in 3.0 or if it's standalone.

If standalone don't expect any S3 announcements until after 2.4 is released. If joined up I'd expect news towards the end of the year.

what do you mean with ''standalone'' ?

what do you mean with ''standalone'' ?

Just a phrase to say 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 were individual separated releases in the second season. However 1.6 was rolled into the 2.0 release both coming in the same update on the same day.

Similarly 2.4 could be released in the same update as 3.0 on the same day. Or there could be a few discrete months between them. Not putting any other meaning to it apart from that :)

Edit:
It makes a difference because if they are separate then it's possible that 2.4 will come Q3/Q4 2017 and 3.0 can be as late as Q2/Q3 2018. If together then I'd expect a Q4 2017 or Q1 2018 release and therefore news about season 3 may come earlier to keep our interest instead of just hyping 2.4 as the next update thats due.

Last edited:
Just a phrase to say 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 were individual separated releases in the second season. However 1.6 was rolled into the 2.0 release both coming in the same update on the same day./QUOTE]

The reason 1.6 and 2.0 were released on the same day was so that updates in 2.0 that affected the core game (or 1.0, for want of a better term) could be installed meaning that CMDRs that did not want to purchase Horizons would not lose any new functionality in the core game.

I would very much doubt that 2.4 and 3.0 would have the same release date. Firstly, for the above reason, but secondly 2.4 is supposed to be a major release (sorry can't remember if that was hearsay or an official quote). Finally, if season 3 was that imminent, surely we would have heard something by now.

Not before ps 4 version is released. Would be bad marketing to start promises and marketing for 40£ dlc before the base ps 4 version is even out. So probably gamescom 2017 earliest. If i remember right both elite dangerous and horizon were announced on gamescom.

, but secondly 2.4 is supposed to be a major release (sorry can't remember if that was hearsay or an official quote). Finally, if season 3 was that imminent, surely we would have heard something by now.

At today, 2.4 is still just a "surprise", we don't know if it has major features or is just a "compability" update like 1.5 (not 1.6) basically was.
In any case, it's not imminent at all.

Not before ps 4 version is released. Would be bad marketing to start promises and marketing for 40£ dlc before the base ps 4 version is even out. So probably gamescom 2017 earliest. If i remember right both elite dangerous and horizon were announced on gamescom.

Yeah, since ps4 version is just to be released, i fear that even the end of the year might be commercially too soon to release an expansion, unless they delay it for ps4 like they did for xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom