Where did all the Thargoids go ?

"Looking for a young, active, good looking Cyclops interceptor to star on a YouTube video of him in a honest exchange of high energy discharges with a Human pilot. Opportunity of a lifetime !"

Or so the newspaper add goes... yesterday for about 3 hours I was poking my noise in every non-human signal from threat 3 to 7 on Atroco and the only time I found any Interceptors was 2 at the same time in a threat 7.
I am looking for my first Interceptor fight so a nice Cyclops would be perfect. Do you know where I could find one ?

Today got a mission from Vanguard to "Destroy the Thargoid Scout threat" 5 of them, got to the planet and into 4 different mission signals (it take ages for this signals to pop) killed all the 16 goids there and not one counted for the mission... thought I would have to deliver the vouchers (got 160k) or there was something in the mission board. No, nothing. It seems they are not "scouts" but "marauders" or whatever so they don't count (I think that is the problem).

So honestly where did all the thargoids go ?

I've just entered the Thargoid fray, I may have scared them all off due to my awesomeness. Alternatively, they may have just swiped past you on Tharg tinder. No one likes a discharge on a first date. Maybe edit your profile.

I've just entered the Thargoid fray, I may have scared them all off due to my awesomeness. Alternatively, they may have just swiped past you on Tharg tinder. No one likes a discharge on a first date. Maybe edit your profile.

No one likes a discharge on a first date ? Really ? My first date with thargoids was when one of them pulled me out of witchspace and knocked my ship out, a very shocking first date indeed. I thought high energy discharges was their thing...
But maybe thargoids are like women, you can't understand them.

Anyway got me a mission to "Destroy the Thargoid Interceptor threat" (the 700k variant, not the 4mil Basilisk version), the first 2 mission threat 5 signals gave a single Thargoid Sensor each.... killed them but no big brother appeared, but alas at the 3rd signal a bad Cyclops was there scanning some human remains, the fiend !!!
So I engaged him and after a brief inglorious fight I managed to run away. It does seem easier on YouTube.
But have no fear I will get one, eventually.

FWIW, the Thargoid missions issued by Vanguard or Acropolis are severely broken and IMHO are not worth the effort. Most of the signal sources don't contain anything or the wrong types, threat level 5 for instance can mean anything from Scouts to Medusa and so on. I gave up on these missions a long time ago. If you really want to kill an Interceptor, one of the wrecked megaships may be the best option. Thargoids don't show up each time, so it's a jump in, check, jump out procedure, but every now and then, an Interceptor will join the instance and scan the ship. And with Interceptors in general, avoid everything that has red skin, in particular those who bear additional decorations in form of spikes. Plain old Cyclops (NHSS 5) is your friend, and if you just start out, you'll find them tough enough for sure. Or join the effort of defending the bubble from Thargoid incursions. Factabulous and others keep track of the systems that are under attack each week.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...here-When-and-What-you-can-do-about-it/page55

Myself, I'm mostly concentrating on Scouts nowadays, as defending systems is based on kill counts and a Scout counts the same as a Medusa or Hydra (never killed one of these) in this direction. You'll most likely need a different setup for Scouts and Interceptors, Gauss Cannons are best for killing the latter, but fixed weaponry may not be the best option for the nimble Scouts. Btw, 'Scouts' contains all of their subtypes, including Marauder (the plain vanilla type), Berzerker, Inciter and Regenerator). Don't know why the mission system obviously doesn't count them, but as I said, it's broken.

Well, could be most of the Interceptors were commissioned to the beta, that is. The new AX CZ in Maia are full of them, prepare to meet multiple of them after the first wave of Scouts :D

O7,
[noob]

They're temporarily helping setup ED for the 3.3 live release and the holiday season behind the scenes, beyond the hyperspace realms.. :)

No one likes a discharge on a first date ? Really ? My first date with thargoids was when one of them pulled me out of witchspace and knocked my ship out, a very shocking first date indeed. I thought high energy discharges was their thing...
But maybe thargoids are like women, you can't understand them.

On my first date, I dispensed a huge load at their rear!

[video=youtube;Ig-rRgQV5-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-rRgQV5-U[/video]

Maybe they just want someone to listen to them, whilst they talk about their feelings. So just sit quiety in space for a few moments, probably an hour and then your bang in.

I'm just looking for some casual encounters, so Im just hanging around seedy places looking for scouts. They ruv me rong time. Maybe after a while I'll look for some committment and chance my luck with an interceptor with its swarm from a previous relationship. Esp now I have a T10, rather than my sporty Krait.

Top Bottom