Newcomer / Intro Where did my colour config go?

Installed game to new PC. Want to change my HUD colours.

XML file used to be in %drive%\%directory%\EDLaunch\Products\elite-dangerous-64

I can't see the "products" directory in EDLaunch. I turned on "hidden files" but I still can't see it.

Any ideas?

EDIT Also! Where are my visited stars held?

Dear me...

Last edited:
Anybody?

Feels odd looking at dayglo orange and not having visited any systems in three years! :D

EDIT found colours. They're in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64

Now, visited stars. Come out, come out whereber you are...

Last edited:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\<number>
That's where I put them

The files contained loads of text files which have now been converted to MDAT file types but when I look at the visited stars in the galmap, I don't appear to have visited any. I are confoozed.

That's where I put them

The files contained loads of text files which have now been converted to MDAT file types but when I look at the visited stars in the galmap, I don't appear to have visited any. I are confoozed.
You got wrong files and/or folder.
I have two of those <number> folders, one smaller number and one bigger.
Smaller one houses two files:
RecentlyVisitedStars.dat
VisitedStarsCache.dat
and the larger number has over 1500 trade.<number>.mdat files.

Gah.

OK thanks. The files I copied from my old machine all had star system names in the their text. Must've done summit stoopid.

EDIT I wonder if there's any way of getting the visited stars back without having to plug my old PC back in... damn thing weighs a ton so I don't wnat to do that. Is this somehting support can do? Or am I barking?

Last edited:
The files with the star system names might have been the screenshots after conversion by EDDiscovery 😛.
About that other issue - sure. You only need to restore the files from your backup, or get the drive where they reside connected to your current machine. For the latter, there's a variety of cheap <drive connection of choice> to USB adapters available.

Gah.

OK thanks. The files I copied from my old machine all had star system names in the their text. Must've done summit stoopid.

EDIT I wonder if there's any way of getting the visited stars back without having to plug my old PC back in... damn thing weighs a ton so I don't wnat to do that. Is this somehting support can do? Or am I barking?
No, support can't help you. Those files are only stored locally, and not on FD servers. It's not the best method, but that's what we got.

Damn.

Well, the only thing for it is what I was going to do at some point anyway: get a USB SSD caddy. Should be able to grab the files from the old PC once I get my back back in order and cannibalise the old PC - damn thing weighs over 20KG (I kid you not) and moving it around and putting the new one in place played havoc on these puny muscles :D

Could have sworn I'd got the right files to start with 😒

Got the right SSD caddy now and found files on the old drive. There was a text file with a load of star names in it but it was dated last year. There was a recent .DAT file there also. I've copied the lot over and I seem to have quite a few visited stars back now.

I'm not convinced I have them all though so I'm not sure where else I should look.

Looks like you have done a fair amount of digging already so I'm not sure if this will help, but this came up recently...

Good luck...

Top Bottom