Where Do Limpets Go on Fleet Carriers When You Sell Them Back?

If I store them they take up space, either on my ship or on my carrier. If I sell them back to the carrier, where do they go?

BOH.jpg

Limpets are magical things, with magic in them. Incredibly dumb, and often suicidal magic, but magic all the same.

A serious answer would be they are returned to you FC's seemingly inexhaustible pool of limpets. I am sure that FC are capable of manufacturing limpets enough to keep you and your guests well supplied with them.

If I store them they take up space, either on my ship or on my carrier. If I sell them back to the carrier, where do they go?
The same place that they come from when you buy them on a carrier - "Limpet space".

For example, when you synth Limpets, you are paying homage to the great Limpet god with your materials. The great Limpet god summons the Limpets into existence in the ED universe, and your ship gets heavier with the new cargo....

And right there is yet another excellent example of where handwavium meets the world of ED Reality... "For game reasons". There are a couple of standard responses typically employed at this point:
1. Outrage, which slowly reduces in intensity to indignation (and in due course forgotten about until the next incident).
2. Denial of reality (often observed with the individual found 'mashing' the air lock button while screaming "let me out".
3. Dance in a little ring while waving back...

For the purposes of expediency I would suggest option three...
You can do this as a group activity if you wish. This practice is commonly referred to as 'Morris Dancing'.

I always thought that there was a quantum disassembler that broke down the limpets into their separate elements, and stored it in a raw state (usually powder).

When you buy new limpets, a highly sophisticated manufacturing process, takes the raw materials and using a template, assembles them on demand.

Much like the food replicators we saw on those old Star Trek episodes...

No?

Theres definitely some tardis type buffoonery going on in game, was fighting an Imp Eagle in the CG earlier, the amount of chaff the get had on board i'm surprised he could see out of his window. Mini tardis boxes I reckon. The sort of luggage you need when travelling RyanAir or Easyjet.

Top Bottom