Where do they sell Stations Auto-Exit Computer...?

Taking off from a landing pad and exiting the station isn't exactly hard though is it? Using terms like qualified and experienced in relation to this gameplay aspect is a bit ridiculous and is at best unskilled labour no harder than opening a tin of dog food and placing it in a bowl.

And no there is no such thing as a station auto-exit computer sold in game. You could however script or macro it if you wanted just like players have done with the absence of an autopilot.
I fear you're out of date.

The docking computer should be taken out of the game in my opinion. There was a lot of discussion at the time it was implemented and my views haven't changed, if you can't steer it don't buy it.

I'm able to dock and depart in a T-9. I'm also able to dock and depart FA Off in a T-9. And also to dock and depart in FA Off fying backwards, if I feel like pulling stunts. That said, it's not like since I'm able to do it, I always have to do it. One of the things I discovered I like the most from time to time is exactly role playing as a mass-freight trucker, using all the assists I have at my disposal, just making sure the ship does its job and that I'm ready to intervene if such need arises (interdictions, auto-pilot mishaps, stuff like that), enjoying the tranquil views and those tiny bits of classical music from time to time.
Options, everyting is about having options.

Also @BigBANGtheory , yes as @Brrokk says, we are talking about stuff that's been in game for quite some time now. ;)

Last edited:
I can fly my Beluga through the mailslot in silent running when carrying 'interesting' passengers, no problem...

But... I'll use ADC on ships without feeling that it is a crutch denoting lack of skill, rather a convenience that allows other things to occupy the 'landing / departing' window. I really don't comprehend why other players should feel affronted by another's personal choice, but it does take all kinds to make the world...

I can fly my Beluga through the mailslot in silent running when carrying 'interesting' passengers, no problem...

But... I'll use ADC on ships without feeling that it is a crutch denoting lack of skill, rather a convenience that allows other things to occupy the 'landing / departing' window. I really don't comprehend why other players should feel affronted by another's personal choice, but it does take all kinds to make the world...

Especially in VR!

See mate, therein lies the problem. You are a mature guy, confident in your abilities in the game and not afraid to use whatever tools the game provides to make the game more enjoyable to yourself (in regards to how you play, the only outcome that is important is if you succeed in enjoying the game).

Unfortunately, there are some here who are so insecure in their own abilities that they think any tool provided by the game is an infringement on their manhood. Their faux outrage concerning anyone who uses an ADC or even SCA would be comical if it wasn't so real in their tiny minds. What they seemingly fail to realise is that the ADC isn't being used by those who can't land or take off, it is being used by those who are fully capable of both actions but smart enough to use tools provided in the game.

Unfortunately, there are some here who are so insecure in their own abilities that they think any tool provided by the game is an infringement on their manhood. Their faux outrage concerning anyone who uses an ADC or even SCA would be comical if it wasn't so real in their tiny minds. What they seemingly fail to realise is that the ADC isn't being used by those who can't land or take off, it is being used by those who are fully capable of both actions but smart enough to use tools provided in the game.
Well, my main fantasy is the one where those detractors P themselves while doing their skillful FA-off landing because it took just a couple of seconds too long...

Well, my main fantasy is the one where those detractors P themselves while doing their skillful FA-off landing because it took just a couple of seconds too long...
Come on, the most skillful those detractors do when either taking off or landing is probably boosting through the slot when exiting the station - AFTER making sure everything is clear first ;) Everything else is straight mundane run of the mill landings and departures. Dare say most of them are all talk no action :D

See mate, therein lies the problem. You are a mature guy, confident in your abilities in the game and not afraid to use whatever tools the game provides to make the game more enjoyable to yourself (in regards to how you play, the only outcome that is important is if you succeed in enjoying the game).

I RP as a mature guy. A filthy-rich shipping magnate; I cruise up to the station in my iridescent Imperial Cutter with its cargo of precious metals, take a puff of my Kamitra cigar, sip my Lavian brandy and say "OK computer, get dock permission and take us in gently!" In an extreme case I wear reflective sunglasses.

In real life I'm a truck driver. Truck drivers come in two basic varieties: those that can, and usually have driven virtually every type of truck out there irrespective the quirks, foibles, and idiosyncrasies of the various types and applications, and those that are licensed to drive heavy vehicles and that's about it.

Surprisingly, I've found that most truckers I encounter fall in the second category. Those of us, like me, who are in the first category have a name for those in the second.

We call them 'steering wheel attendants'.

Think on :D :D :D
Man-Machine Interfacin is probably a useless tech for you.

I can see why the Advanced DC is attractive. When you are in a Noobaconda trying to negotiate the slot from the inside or out ...... makes flying a Cutter through look easy :D

The docking computer should be taken out of the game in my opinion. There was a lot of discussion at the time it was implemented and my views haven't changed, if you can't steer it don't buy it. Imagine the passengers consternation on a jumbo jet arriving at Heathrow when the pilot announces, " this is your captain talking, we are about to land and I have just handed control of the plane to ground control". Or the captain of the Queen Mary coming into dock at Southampton leaving computer sensors to avoid ramming the dock?.

Another person completely unaware that SOP at most major companies is A/P on at 50feet, disconnect at 500ft on landing.. Except when doing a a CATII/III Landing,disconnect once the aircraft has landed itself.

No idea what ships are like, am almost certain they are also heavily automated.

To quote my old man, who has operated left seat into Heathrow hundreds of times in the 777/744 ‘nothing worse than a f/o that wants to show of his hand flying skills and fly the entire SiD/STAR by hand in busy airspace, save that nonsense for the next sim session, or rent a light prop’...

Like many here, I can land/depart fa-off in my sleep, doesn’t stop me from using automation.

Another person completely unaware that SOP at most major companies is A/P on at 50feet, disconnect at 500ft on landing.. Except when doing a a CATII/III Landing,disconnect once the aircraft has landed itself.

No idea what ships are like, am almost certain they are also heavily automated.

To quote my old man, who has operated left seat into Heathrow hundreds of times in the 777/744 ‘nothing worse than a f/o that wants to show of his hand flying skills and fly the entire SiD/STAR by hand in busy airspace, save that nonsense for the next sim session, or rent a light prop’...

Like many here, I can land/depart fa-off in my sleep, doesn’t stop me from using automation.
Hutton Mugs delivered to 391 stations.o_O

Of course I used ADC and SCA. :D

Never understood the appeal of automated space queuing, myself. I prefer to dock and undock a little more gracefully (and faster) than the NPC sheep. Then again, I play this game to fly spaceships first and foremost.

Now, automated mining and mat gathering would be more appealing to me.

So, most jumbo jets use a FMC auto flight system, and the pilot isn't actually flying the plane except to make small corrections as needed, and to tell the comp to do a go-around, etc. Pilots in commercial planes are nothing more than steering wheel attendants, and this is years before the 34th century. Most passenger liners also have some form of auto course, so that whole point is kind of moot.

Grinding for the docking computer should be a thing though. You should not be given one in the first ship you are given, and it should cost quite a few creds to buy one. Pretty much like original Elite was. Just my opinion of course! I understand that some new pilots have problems with docking, but imho, it is something you should have to master and earned.
Yes once the pilot has taken the plane into the air it does go onto auto pilot but once the flight arrives within a specific distance of its destination the auto pilot is switched off and manual control resumed, which is how ED works for me as well.

Particularly fun in busy stations is when the ADC scrapes you along the side of the station while you wait in a queue. Lost patience yesterday and found that you can get a beluga out through the slot even when another ship is heading in at the same time :D
The letter box in all space stations is divided into two lanes each one big enough to take the biggest ships in the game so that two Belugas, one entering and one leaving at the same time have room to pass each other. When arriving or leaving an orbital you will see a green and red light on the outer edge of each side of the letterbox you will also see a green and red light on the central lower deck of the letterbox, these lights are designating the two lanes so that each lane has a red and green light. If you keep your ship in the centre of each lane with the outer green lights on the right and get the three leading lights in the big circle at the rear of the landing bays in your centre line you will have no problems at all entering any orbital no matter what size of ship you are in. On leaving the same except that the leading lights are the two yellow striped sections on the external walls of the letterbox.

Top Bottom