Where have all the players gone?

In short I haven't seen a human player in Open in days! I've been across the bubble to engineers, I even took a trip to Sol recently and also took in Lave etc. I think I saw one player or maybe two.

Back at home in LTT 15574 there's usually several players kicking about of an evening but I've not seen anyone in days :(

OK this is not an "Elite is dead" thread but I am worried, more concerned that I've ended up on some backwater server tbh. But this seems odd because there are several Fleet Carriers in system and at Liz Ryders there were 10+, but no players.

Anyone else seeing ultra low activity?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgXNVA9ngx8

Last edited:
Hauling Tritium between carriers and stations is another one.
With fleet carriers there are fewer trips to stations necessary.

The pirates were all here messing up the contact list as it was the highest black market... yesterday tick..
Ebrqbq1XkAM0yH_

LTD price setting is to reward pirate gameplay and nothing that even requires mining at all...

In short I haven't seen a human player in Open in days! I've been across the bubble to engineers, I even took a trip to Sol recently and also took in Lave etc. I think I saw one player or maybe two.

Back at home in LTT 15574 there's usually several players kicking about of an evening but I've not seen anyone in days :(

OK this is not an "Elite is dead" thread but I am worried, more concerned that I've ended up on some backwater server tbh. But this seems odd because there are several Fleet Carriers in system and at Liz Ryders there were 10+, but no players.

Anyone else seeing ultra low activity?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgXNVA9ngx8
A couple of weekends ago there were a record 20,000 cmdrs in-game simultaneously. E: D was cheap on Steam so a lot of them were new cmdrs doing what new cmdrs (alts or newbies) do. Another few thousand were playing with their shiny carriers, and a few thousand more playing with other people's carriers. Add to that all those who were trading or loading tritium from the same cheap station. Probably very few were doing old-skool E: D, some were having a BGS meltdown if i recall? So that's what most are probably still doing today?

Me? I spend far too much time running a discord and typing in forums, so i'm rarely in game....🙃

A couple of weekends ago there were a record 20,000 cmdrs in-game simultaneously. E: D was cheap on Steam so a lot of them were new cmdrs doing what new cmdrs (alts or newbies) do. Another few thousand were playing with their shiny carriers, and a few thousand more playing with other people's carriers. Add to that all those who were trading or loading tritium from the same cheap station. Probably very few were doing old-skool E: D, some were having a BGS meltdown if i recall? So that's what most are probably still doing today?

Me? I spend far too much time running a discord and typing in forums, so i'm rarely in game....🙃

While we are off the peak, player numbers are still very healthy:

ds3CWOr.png

So, people have either moved on from your location, or most are enjoying the game in solo mode (which would run contrary to the "open only" propaganda :p ).

Top Bottom