Ships Where to find assets ?

That is a pretty wide question so I will give a simple answer. You get those from ground mission locations: settlements, research bases etc. You also get some from crash locations etc on planetary surfaces. The common idea between all of those is that you need to be on foot to get them.

BUT there is a shortcut if a single item seems too hard to get out of those: just trade them with bartenders. This time the trading ratio seems to be around 1/2 so its not too bad. Graphene is quite expensive though so for that some farming method maybe needed (I have not looked into that yet).

There are a few ways to get them. One of the easiest is to do restore power missions, and then scavenger all the lockers and containers. But going to the new settlements is going to be the only way to go.

You also have the opportunity for irregular markers (threat 1,2,3), crash sites, etc.

As always, beware of scavengers.

So I have to ask, what's the point in you not actually answering when you post? Are you unemployed and just wasting time? Getting a kick out of being a real tiny .... troll? I'm honestly curious.
It's harsh but fair. Dude has zero Odyssey mats, it's like they haven't done a single Odyssey related thing.

Great. Do you have any good sources for that? It would be a nice material to get in bigger supply.
No specific place sorry. I just seem to find some of it lying around in almost every settlement. Like even in tourist zones, I regularly find some on the nightstand by the bed. I'm mostly sent to mining and industrial settlements though, so maybe there's a bias there?

Circuits/Tech assets are more difficult for me, the big expensive ones are more rare, though there seem to be a lot more circuits than anything else, so it's easier to trade up than Tech (carbon fibre plating, weapon components...).

No specific place sorry. I just seem to find some of it lying around in almost every settlement. Like even in tourist zones, I regularly find some on the nightstand by the bed. I'm mostly sent to mining and industrial settlements though, so maybe there's a bias there?

Circuits/Tech assets are more difficult for me, the big expensive ones are more rare, though there seem to be a lot more circuits than anything else, so it's easier to trade up than Tech (carbon fibre plating, weapon components...).
This is exactly what I'm finding as well. I just upgraded my Mav from 3 to 4. I had to trade up for carbon fiber. I just wasn't finding enough of it.

Other than taking restore missions and abandoning them or stealing them from settlements, is there a way to actually find them 'in the wild'?

Is this a serious question? Can't be.
The common excuse for stupidity and rudeness on forums is that 'it's the internet'. The whole anonymity thing. That's just an excuse. So yea, if Factabulous wants to explain why she\he does it, I'm more than willing to 'listen'. May be he\she is a frustrated lonely quadriplegic with no friends or something.

Part of it is the facility you power on. I'm currently at mineralogic base. I've found 6 graphene. The other part is RNG ;(

Is this a serious question? Can't be.
Eh....I think it is. I consider myself to be a veteran CMDR. Been around since 3302-ish. And when I started seeing all these new materials, I was a little overwhelmed. All new categories and names and iconography...it was all a bit much. So I started in on repairing and restoring power missions and slowly started noticing items. Then after a few missions to different settlement types, I started noticing that each settlement type had different materials, but some were the same. So after 10 or so missions, I had enough stuff to upgrade all three suits to G2 and a few weapons to G2, as well.

TLDR, as @Factabulous said, play the game.

Last edited:
Part of it is the facility you power on. I'm currently at mineralogic base. I've found 6 graphene. The other part is RNG ;(
In my experience Graphene appears at all settlement types, along with the more common things, micro chips, epoxy, Insight, "personal computers," compact libraries, etc.

However, after 12 missions, I still have only ever found 1 Weapon Component, 3 Opinion Polls, and ZERO of something else that I'm currently forgetting but need FIFTEEN of.

I'm hoping they go to the 3X per item payout with these materials like they did in Horizons.

I've been doing planet POIs and I am swimming in tech/circuits. Also got enough illegal drugs to start my own side hussle. 😅

I've been doing planet POIs and I am swimming in tech/circuits. Also got enough illegal drugs to start my own side hussle. 😅
Yeah, I would sure like to trade those hundreds of drugs to something that I can use without a certain overdose in a stinking bathroom of an industrial outpost.

Top Bottom