where to find better weapons

Hi peeps, I'm situated in Brani (not far from Asellus Primus) And I cant for the life of me find any upgrades for the pulse lasers I have installed..

Everywhere I visit has the same lasers or none at all..
Anyone got any tips on places that are not too far away that I could get maybe A rated pulse lasers?

o7 CMDR's see you in the black..

Last edited:
Weapons do not come in different grades. You can change weapon type though e.g. swap pulse to burst to beam to get more damage. Different types have different strengths and weaknesses.
You can also unlock engineers (Horizons only) to get improvements to your weapons (cannot be bought)

Weapons do not come in different grades. You can change weapon type though e.g. swap pulse to burst to beam to get more damage. Different types have different strengths and weaknesses.
You can also unlock engineers (Horizons only) to get improvements to your weapons (cannot be bought)

Really?!
WOW. I thought I would have been able to buy better grades of weapons..
I guess I'll have to seek out them engineers

Thwarptide

Banned
eddb NO! it tells me the station I am on has class 4 weapons............NO........Class 1. BUT what is the point ? You never see a real player.
Try combat with real players and the ships you worked on you can't use. Just get a crap generic ship.
It will also tell you what other stations nearby that has em. It will also tell you when those numbers were last updated. There's no better way to to find what you're looking for.
If you can't be bothered by the advice you're given, then don't ask for it or ask others to do your homework for you.

It also depends on which ship you fly - or rather, which hardpoint classes your ship has. You can check e.g. on https://coriolis.io/ the various ships and play around with their loadout, the weapon types, engineering etc.
If you want class 4 lasers - that's Huge (H) hardpoints. Only ships that have those are Mamba, FdL, Cutter, Anaconda (1 each) and the Federal Corvette (2). You'll also need a very healthy powerplant and distributor - a unengineered class 4 fixed beam will need 8.2 MW of power - the full output of a 2A power plant, and there's no unengineered distributor that could power it continously.

I cannot agree with Wyaston you CAN get different grades of weapons e.g. A, B, C class etc. Not sure why non-one considers that a 'different grade' as it clearly is??

As the OP notes they are looking for A-class, and therefore a better grade of, weapon. Best bet looking for higher class weaponry is EDDB - unless of course you are Elite in anything and you can just go Jameson.

EDDB HERE

If you want serious upgrades for your weapons - then you need to grind the engineers.

I cannot agree with Wyaston you CAN get different grades of weapons e.g. A, B, C class etc. Not sure why non-one considers that a 'different grade' as it clearly is??

Not of the same size, type, and mount. A class 1 gimbaled pulse laser is always going to be G rated, for example.

Not of the same size, type, and mount. A class 1 gimbaled pulse laser is always going to be G rated, for example.
Yes but a Class 2F gimballed laser will.

Put simply back to the OP, and perhaps original question, each weapon comes with a Class between 1 and 4 and a Rating between A and G, noting that not all hard points can accept a Class 1A in everything and there are other limitations too detailed to go into here - see CORIOLIS for details on hard point mounts and options for each ship.

You cannot however 'upgrade' an existing weapon without an engineer unlocked and blueprint pinned and the available items in your inventory. Details available at INARA.

If you want to find a better weapon of Class and rating that you can install in replacement for your current weapon - as I said go try EDDB.

Enjoy.

Top Bottom