Where to start

Hi guys,

I took a break and returned after 2 years. I tried many different activities to see whats new but somehow its a bit repetetive or something...
In meantime I was playing just one game with absolutly thriling PvP. Somehow I never wanted to do PvP in Elite as it feels its just about lets say dogfighting. Until today.

Kinda bored I decided to go to Deciat and get myself killed and see if theres something fishy going on, you know, curiosity. And I was killed in my unegineered DScout. Of course I had no clue whats going on as my power droped to 50% which was unfortunate as even before me taking hits I had to switch some stuff of to make my bucket flyable.
But somehow...I started to think that there might be something on PvP in Elite after all. I guess you know what I mean, lol.

So please, is there some guide or something, I saw some videos but thats more about fights, I dont even have a clue why my power droped so something from begining I guess. I have everything unlocked so I guess some suggestion for some small ship to start learning maybe? I loved Viper in all Elite games so maybe that? (as Im already on Maia pimping my ride)

And many thanks to Fluffy Starfish for reminding me that only PvE will never be whole apple :D Cant say gg as it was more like butcher slaughtering a lamb but it served the purpose lol :)

Forget the viper. Go for the vulture if PvP is what you like. You'll need to collect materials and do the engineers run to make your vulture a tough nut.
Speed and boost power are needed. Chaffs also, and heatsinks. Regarding weapons, it depends on your aim and your favored engage distance.

Damn just heading back from Palin in Viper already. Never mind, Im sure he will gladly see me again. Ok Ill prepare Vulture too, I should have enough of everything to do so.

What is that thing which puts power to 50%? I had only thrusters in 1st power group and still I had no power for them or it switches thrusters off temporarily?
I know Im asking noobish questions but until you face other players you are rarly or never hit by any special effects so its hard to figure out how to counter that and what the hell that was.
About weapons...anything goes or is there some best choice? its just 2 Large so I wont be able to put there rails and PAs and some missile etc. Any suggestions? Regarding range closer the better just dont tell me I should get Pacifiers :)
I read some stuff too so I hope ill be able to build something able to offer some similar values as others have and figure out the rest.
Thanks and remeber, sharing is caring.

If you like it close and have a fast ship, you can use frag cannons. You need to be very close, but they do tons of damage.
When you speak of 50% power, was that after being hit by your foe, or did it happen when you deployed hardpoints?

Don't even think about PvP without a fully A rated and g5-engineered PvP ship (FdL is meta).

So, like this, right?

qht1jnE.jpg

If you like it close and have a fast ship, you can use frag cannons. You need to be very close, but they do tons of damage.
When you speak of 50% power, was that after being hit by your foe, or did it happen when you deployed hardpoints?
I think I was hit. It was quite confusing. I imediatly checked right panel for power, checked if thrusters are priority 1, they were, but it was like they didnt have power (red square with diagonal line icon). I think I was hit by either Groms missile (unlikely as thats against FSD charge) or maybe by that drag ammunition (really hard to say I dont have any experience with this). Anyway I lost thrust and probably was falling down for a while, after something like 10s maybe I got thrust back.

I dont mind as thats why went there in cheap ship to see how it works, but its quite clear that I need at least engineered ship so Ill die more slowly and collect some "data". From this I cant tell what to improve as I didnt last long enough lol :D Was a bit like EMP pulse.

Would be nice if they integrate CQC into game and ppl could try this all first like training, get some experience without having to repay, try ship builds etc. I think it would make PvP more accessible.

Only thing Im scared of is lag I guess, sometimes Im interdicted and before I have option to do something its done while whole interdiction tunnel is lagging, simply no minigame for me and I end up with long FSD recharge. I guess this is what ppl complain about when it comes to instancing etc?

Besides that rest is not big deal, Engineers unlocked, everything prepared. I sadly decided to unlock also guerdian shield booster, not that I think Vulture will have power for that but its good to have options for future, but I had to switch game off, too much grinding in last 14 days :) Also took Viper out a bit yeasterday with frags I never liked and I like them very much out of sudden.

Glad I made this post as years ago I jumped into Viper and stayed in 1 CZ until Pythoon so I skiped all ships under that and totaly missed Vulture. What worries me is C4 PP.

Seems like you got hit by drag munitions. But it's very rare for NPC's to use them??
About the c4 PP on the vulture
https://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture?...AWSZSAIAAA==.EweloBhAOGQUwIYHMA28QgIwVyKBQA==
This coriolis config for a vulture with frag cannons allows the use of the c4 pp with grade 4 overcharged. When hard points are deployed, fsd is deactivated, but you can change the priorities to allow it, if you like. And the dirty drives give you A LOT of speed to escape.

Don't even think about PvP without a fully A rated and g5-engineered PvP ship (FdL is meta).

Unfortunatly true, but get good in something other then the bloody FDL.

Theres already more of them than anything else.

Metabois are often incredibly reliant on thier FDL. Spank a few in a small ship and you'll reap salt all over the shop.

"You're usin preems!" Yes bud. Or maybe not relying on a broken ship is actually more advantageous to your skill level.

Unfortunatly true, but get good in something other then the bloody FDL.

Theres already more of them than anything else.

Metabois are often incredibly reliant on thier FDL. Spank a few in a small ship and you'll reap salt all over the shop.

"You're usin preems!" Yes bud. Or maybe not relying on a broken ship is actually more advantageous to your skill level.

Practicing every day is “advantageous to your skill level”. Everythin else you typed is irrational contempt for FDL’s.

Top Bottom