Which NA animal are you looking forward to the most? And if you could add a animal what would it be?

I'm most looking forward for the beavers and prairie dogs, because I've been hoping for rodents in the game for such a long time, and also arctic foxes because it's going to make me want to create an Arctic area again.
If I have to choose one, I'm going to pick the beaver, though.

And as for a species I would add if I could, I'd choose the Collared Peccary for some more Central American representation.

Alligator. It makes our crocodilian roster pretty rounded and I feel like theres now enough to make a pretty good "lagoon" section.
I would add a bird, definitely. When animal packs were announced I thought that we would finally start to get more birds, but this is now the second one without them. 🥲

Sage grouse or Prairie chicken

The first I'm gonna use are the alligator and prairie dog, because I already made places for them in my current zoo. After that the animal I'm most excited for is the sea lion, and for the rest I'm not really that excited because they don't exist in zoos in my country, but I still love their inclusion.

I may rush the arctic fox, despite my dislike for arctic animals, just because I want to see its snow diving animation. Also the beaver, if they can build dams like in ZT2, mostly out of nostalgia.

I'm very excited for the sea lion. If I could add one animal, it would have to be some kind of bird, perhaps an ocellated turkey or whooping crane. If I could swap one animal it would be the bullfrog in favor of a salamander of some kind.

It's hard to say which I'm looking forward to the most since it's such a great roster, but I'm really excited to see the beavers and their dam building!

I gotta admit I'm really bummed about the exclusion of raccoons. My local zoo used to have them and they were one of my favorites, I just love those funky lil dudes. The fact that they aren't included worries me we won't ever get raccoons in the game :( at least there are mods..

Before the pack was announced, I was most excited for the Moose; even though they weren’t officially announced yet. After seeing the announcement trailer, my opinions have changed. Nothing majorly wrong with the Moose, just the minor fact that it looks a little too smooth. After seeing those Sea Lions barking, laying down, and swimming, I am most excited for those guys! I absolutely can’t wait to add them into my zoo!

As for an animal I would put in the pack, it would be the American Black Bear. This is an animal I kind of wanted in an animal pack, even though it’s an easy clone. I just think they would round the pack out pretty nicely, opposed to the Arctic Fox inclusion, which I’m not mad about, just would rather have the American Black Bear.

Before the pack was announced, I was most excited for the Moose; even though they weren’t officially announced yet. After seeing the announcement trailer, my opinions have changed. Nothing majorly wrong with the Moose, just the minor fact that it looks a little too smooth. After seeing those Sea Lions barking, laying down, and swimming, I am most excited for those guys! I absolutely can’t wait to add them into my zoo!

As for an animal I would put in the pack, it would be the American Black Bear. This is an animal I kind of wanted in an animal pack, even though it’s an easy clone. I just think they would round the pack out pretty nicely, opposed to the Arctic Fox inclusion, which I’m not mad about, just would rather have the American Black Bear.
Agree with the moose. It looks like a plastic figure kinda

Unpopular take, I know, but I'm really pumped for the alligator. I'm really happy we got it, I was afraid they weren't going to add it because a lot of people expressed disdain for another crocodilian, but I love 'em a lot. If I could add any animal, it would either be wolverine or armadillo. I'm really disappointed neither are in this pack, but it doesn't surprise me all that much.

I find it very bad that the Arp seal (Pagophilus groenlandicus) was not included in the Arctic package.
We should be able to enjoy those poor people and I do not understand how they did not get into this dlc
foca-arpa-groenlandia-1280x720.jpg

I find it very bad that the Arp seal (Pagophilus groenlandicus) was not included in the Arctic package.
We should be able to enjoy those poor 0qpeople and I do not understand how qlthey did not get into this dlcView attachment 264683
It doesn't have a zoo presence. The walrus would've been a likelier option, but we didn't have deep diving at the time.

I’m most excited to actually see the Arctic Fox! Saw these guys a few days ago for the first time in years so it’ll be exciting to see how they’re realized ingame.

And if I could add a single animal to the pack without changing the roster itself? AMERICAN GAHDAMN FLAMINGO! Anyone who thinks Greaters are cooler is a CHUMP (not really, i still love flamingo stans) but I just miss the bright pink boys in the game.

I see a lot of names in the forums never read before - whcih makes me even more excited. Am I imagining things or is this DLC pre-release popular than others? Would be awesome if the PZ community gets a nice boost.
They have also been mentioning the forum more than usual on Social Media lately with posts about the discussion threads, so that might also be part of the reason.

Honestly this pack has made it pretty hard for me to pick a favorite, there’s a few interesting choices that likely include new animations and interactions (which is the factor that I care the most about when it comes to new species). It’s a toss up between the California Sea Lion, American Beaver, and Black-tailed Prairie Dog as my likely favorite. I can’t really decide until we get to experience them in-game.

I’m really looking forward to this animal pack, a lot more so than I did the South East Asia animal pack. The SEA pack focused almost entirely on mammal carnivorans, which is currently the most plentiful category of animal we have in PZ. The only real outliers in that pack were the Babirusa and Proboscis Monkey (I know there is also the Malayan Tapir but it is easily the most disappointing animal Frontier has introduced to PZ. It is the only animal that is quite literally a clone of an already existing in-game model, the Baird’s Tapir).

The NA animal pack has done a far better job of providing variety. The pack will introduce the game’s second cervid and pinniped, an additional habitat reptile, and our first rodents. Additionally, I’m not a huge fan of PZ’s exhibit boxes because of the limited attention and customization options Frontier has given them, but it is nice to receive a second species for the aquatic exhibit box.

As for an additional species, I would have loved to have received a habitat bird in the NA pack. I understand that Frontier would probably want to address true flying mechanics in a dedicated pack, but more bird species that are primarily land-based, like the flamingo or peacock, are still greatly needed. North America is home to an abundance of species that fit in this category, like the Greater Roadrunner, Wild Turkey, Roseate Spoonbill, and Prairie Chicken. Another North American species that would have easily been my favorite in the pack is the West Indian Manatee, but I still have hopes we could see it in a future DLC (fingers crossed there’s a DLC focusing on fully aquatics in PZ’s future!)

Top Bottom