Which ship currently has the best cockpit in VR

I would say the ASP-EX for its view below your ship. In VR it is so cool to either come into land at a station with that view below and for skimming over moon surfaces/mountains.
Also I think in VR the FDL has great side view widows and overhead views for tracking targets in VR.

Federal Dropship because of the dual coffee makers. Also the cool — but not the most practical — canopy shape.

Same with the FAS, but with just 2 of you in the cockpit why would you want 2 coffee makers? I mean 1 each is a bit OP.

IMHO, the best cockpit is the Clipper.

I would say that it is whatever one you like the best. I don't like the Asp X cockpit personally. Love my DBX and Icourier and python though. Clipper is very good too and I like the Dolphin.

Type 7. Alone in the glass chapel.

On the other end of the spectrum the super cozy Sidey which comes with fake leather, trading manual and thermos all glued down.

Type 7. Alone in the glass chapel.

On the other end of the spectrum the super cozy Sidey which comes with fake leather, trading manual and thermos all glued down.

I like the Sidey also. After flying in big ships for a while it feels all close and personal. It feels like being wrapped in a warm blanket. Also it reminds me of my first car.

Get yourself in the Taipan or the Imperial Fighter [heart]

It's so good I might even play CQC

Last edited:
I like the VR experience you get in small ships with big canopys. Eagle and Sidewinder are very immersive viewing the galaxy from under their big expanse of glass.

I've set up an Eagle and brought my Sidewinder out of mothballs just for VR touring.

Courier is awesome in VR, a real work of art of a cockpit [up] The clipper is good with more capabilities than the courier, and just the perfect sized canopy for VR. the iEagle is good as you can look over your shoulder and see the nacelles and the retro thrusters firing never fail to make me smile.

Non imp ships? The viper mk3 feels clustraphobic and grimy and cool for it, the python is hard to describe but deffinitely has an atmosphere to it, I'm not a fan of lakon cockpits on screen or in VR, so it is little surprise that Im not an asp fan, however it does have great viewing angles so thats got to count for something. The corvette really does feel like a star destroyer from star wars once you are in the bridge, then your fed trio Federal Assault/Drop/Gun Ship + Vulture all feel cohesively linked to the corvette, but a vutures vistas are reigned in by its mandibles at the sides of the canopy. Even Saud kruger stuff is kind of neet, the dolphin is like an adder/hauler interior - not really a fan. The beluga is like a liberacci video set with gold leather as far as the eye can see and the orca is also kind of neat. I like the FDL in VR as the view and dash shape are great, and sad as it may sound, but I love the fact the stitching on the dash matches my custom HUD colours :)

in short - they are all good in VR, but I like the three smallest imperial ships best for different reasons.

Courier, so I've heard

Interesting. I bought a Courier ages ago, but dropped it fairly quick as on a monitor the view is awful (bars in the way everywhere). I keep meaning to try it again now I have VR - I thought it might make a big difference.

But of all the ships I have tried so far, definitely the AspX for the view. I quite like the DBX too. The Cutter fails due to the awful white interior that reflects everything.

Mind you, I tried a Sidewinder again yesterday, and that was great because it feels so much smaller than any of the other ships (probably because it is :) ).

Get yourself in the Taipan or the Imperial Fighter [heart]
For full size ships, I think the Clipper is my favorite in VR. I'm with you here though, any of the SLF size ships are fun in VR. You really get that feeling of being "inside" a tiny ship, it's almost claustrophobia inducing.

Top Bottom