Which ship currently has the best cockpit in VR

Yea speaking of small ships, in the Cobra, I enjoy getting up and walking around, though I have to dip my head as the head space feels a little low... which is great! But to walk up to some of the panels to look closely or get on my hands and knees to look at some of the things on floor or under stuff.... very cool!

I like the Hauler , seems more like a ship for an adventurer in search of fortune, a step below Han Solo.

Edit ; and in the T9 you feel really the boss.

Last edited:
Asp Explorer and T9 for best view.
Imperial Courier for beauty.
Eagle and Fighters for best action feeling.

I couldn't agree more!!! I stood up next to my chair after activating the docking computer in the T-9 and nearly fell on my face! total mind job, especially when you look down!!! Great Fun!

Any of the smaller ships such as the iEagle or the courier allow you to have ultimate control as you glide in and out of station structures. They are fun for flying, but for killing, the Vulture is the king if you're doing VR. Watching those beastly guns do their work on your opponent up close is quite exhilarating, and as you VR folks know, it's basically not even the same game as the 2D version.

Any of the smaller ships such as the iEagle or the courier allow you to have ultimate control as you glide in and out of station structures. They are fun for flying, but for killing, the Vulture is the king if you're doing VR. Watching those beastly guns do their work on your opponent up close is quite exhilarating, and as you VR folks know, it's basically not even the same game as the 2D version.

Watching your weapons fire in VR is a lot of fun, which adds a lot of value to the Cobra, Viper, Sidewinder and other ships with in-view hard points.

Have almost one of everything parked in the orbital and for me its hard to pick just one. I really like the Imperial interiors as well as the Mamba. Would be over the hill happy if FDEV would clean or allow us to clean up the interior of the Vipers Looks like its been drug from a bone yard all scrapped and dinged inside. Maybe some virtual Armor all or even an option in the Elite store for the love of God!! VR certainly has made my experience in Elite worth many of the pointless grinds I decide to engage in....Just wishing for something new to be introduced so I can engineer something else I will park for extended lengths of time! VR all the way baby!!

VR works so well to heighten the extremes of ship sizes. The Sidey, Eagles and SLFs are all so compact, whilst standing up in a T9/10 or Corvette whilst you auto dock is worth fitting a DC for.....dizzyingly awesome.

I’d say my favourites are the Sidewinder and T10 equally but really it’s just VR itself that’s my favourite. I flew one of my Taipans through some Canyons out in the Formidine Rift last night whilst my npc crew took control of my T10 explorer - best of both worlds and made even better with the Star beginning to set below the horizon. Love it.

Top Bottom