While trying to land on Orna 8 in the New Pilot's Federation, either my ship was being pulled or the planet was spinning beneath me.

It's kind of the same problem as you have with some Stations / Outpost sometimes. You're not in sync with the object, the game has not been able to link up your ship with the object you're suppose to orbit with.
It's been a bug for some time.
You can bug report it, but don't report it with a 30 min video - reproduce it with a 2 min and a clear way for FD to repro it as well.

Somewhat similar to the old reports (old archive) here for a CZ, but it can happen to any object in the system:

Last edited:
Was kind of hoping it's a planet with some freaky orbital parameters. Apart from being in a really tight binary, seems like just a bug? Can you reproduce it?
Nah, wait. It's 9 part of a binary. This one has a rotational period of like 9 hours. Not that unusual, but a quick spinner.

Was kind of hoping it's a planet with some freaky orbital parameters. Apart from being in a really tight binary, seems like just a bug? Can you reproduce it?
Nah, wait. It's 9 part of a binary. This one has a rotational period of like 9 hours. Not that unusual, but a quick spinner.
It's a bug, the ship isn't synced up with the parent object, the planet.

I just went there in my mucking-about-in-the-noob-zone account to test - no issues at all (on PC):

EDIT: later attempt nearer the equator did show the behaviour (post #23).

Last edited:
Or did you have rotation correction turned off?

Rotational correction only applies to docking at orbital starports (Thrusters automatically match the stations rotation)

@Rgiles - Your ship should match it's frame of reference with nearby objects, this starts happening when below 1000Mm. A bug exists where your relative velocity doesn't get matched, this used to be common with certain megaships and installations, never seen it happen with an entire planet.

I had something similar once when (I think) arriving at a ring, dropped out but kept flying in a similar way to the video, almost like FA off but the ring was moving at supercruise speeds past me, but the ship was flying using thrusters. Or it thought it was. I took it as a networking desync issue, relogged and it was fine.

It's a bug but actually a cool one in my opinion. Because it shows how awesome the galaxy is created in this game, with planets actually moving rather than just being static objects in a skystarbox.

Top Bottom