PvP Who else loves annoying gankers and denying them their prey?

Pirate here.
I could rephrase this perfectly in another interpretation level based on my playstyle:

why?
simply because for me a ship which is not destroyed is a success, it means that the trader has simply complied and dropped my meager request (what is a 10t drop on a ship loaded with 50+ tons for cargo? that's 20%, less than VAT in most EU contries)
the game mechanic is a huge advantage to them, menu log, task kill, we know them all.

and I try hard to not destroy any trader.
I'm even soft about the "not stopping policy" and usually I'm more than happy with a hatch breaker while it tries to run away but usually they log anyway.

see you in the black cmdr.
The gankers are f'ing with your business. Pirates need to do something.

I'm sorry to point this out.. But why exactly would anyone want to be matey with a group who just assumes everyone who PvP's is a ganker or a greifer?

The way I understand it those who outwardly judge folk without knowing them are often deeply unpleasent themselves.

Personally I have no wish to be affliated with such people.

Also despite being one of the more prolific player killers on my platform I still have garnered a fair amount of respect amongst the community, (Im sure some of them hate my guts and think I'm a waste of oxygen too but it takes all types) At the end of the day you can behave however you like in game provided you are'nt an abusive skidmark.

Because gankers and griefers make louder noises.

The gankers are f'ing with your business. Pirates need to do something.

This is very true.
From my perspective a ganked player is simply a player that will go solo/pg, less interaction and fun for me.
Unfortunately, not many of those are interested in learning evasion or even simply checking inara to see where players are being destroyed to avoid those places.
But that’s another topic. ;)

Last edited:
You can always try private groups like Mobius, if you don't want to deal with gankers but still want the multiplayer fun.

Former ganker here. Never really bothered me. Sometimes you'd get lucky and their overconfidence would be their undoing (like a fast, lightly armored ship doing a close pass and getting smoked anyway).

We should dig up Shini's station gank video and share it here.

Imagine barely making it inside a station, and instead of descending 50m to the safety of a landing pad, you take a moment to type 'neener neener' in local-- just to lose your cutter inside the station to a kamikaze attack.

Glorious.

Don't get too cocky, yall.

Oh, I feel like I should mention a fella named Orehound.

Xbox legend, I tell ya.

He always flew an ultra-fast Orca, and would talk trash to anyone who pulled him.

"Lol too slow GG."

Instead of trolling in a peasant spacecraft like I did, this guy did it in a 120 million Cr. luxury yacht lol. Never was able to kill that guy, he disappeared before my assassinorca was finished.

We should dig up Shini's station gank video and share it here.

Imagine barely making it inside a station, and instead of descending 50m to the safety of a landing pad, you take a moment to type 'neener neener' in local-- just to lose your cutter inside the station to a kamikaze attack.

Glorious.

Don't get too cocky, yall.

That video was so good. Did you ever see Nnpoppon's kill on LordWeatherholt's Courier? Came out of nowhere on my screen and just delete.

No, but I'll have to find it. That courier of his has been hassling me on and off ever since I started PvP a couple years back lol.

Oddly enough, I think the only time I ever killed it was in an Orca.

ryan_m

Banned
Oh, I feel like I should mention a fella named Orehound.

Xbox legend, I tell ya.

He always flew an ultra-fast Orca, and would talk trash to anyone who pulled him.

"Lol too slow GG."

Instead of trolling in a peasant spacecraft like I did, this guy did it in a 120 million Cr. luxury yacht lol. Never was able to kill that guy, he disappeared before my assassinorca was finished.

I've had probably 20 people pull me in couriers and try the same thing and almost every one of them eventually get overconfident in their straight-line speed and try to buzz me. Guess what happens when a 800 m/s paper courier and a 550 m/s FDL meet head on?

I've had probably 20 people pull me in couriers and try the same thing and almost every one of them eventually get overconfident in their straight-line speed and try to buzz me. Guess what happens when a 800 m/s paper courier and a 550 m/s FDL meet head on?
Big badda boom?

Can confirm.

You're much better off trolling in something a tiny bit slower with more armor.

800m/s is overkill when the average FDL goes 550 or so. A more modest 700 with hull is waaaaaay more responsible.

I troll gankers with the big shield tank. Sometimes they have reverb, but usually not.

Example:

Last edited:

The Replicated Man

T
Best way to avoid gankers is boost away in a straight line, and roll. Just before you die always remember to bring up the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and kill the elitedangerous64.exe task.

The gankers will never get you then.

Best way to avoid gankers is boost away in a straight line, and roll. Just before you die always remember to bring up the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and kill the elitedangerous64.exe task.

The gankers will never get you then.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom